Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

(I hated brienne beating hound as well but im going with weakened by infection theory)
At least that was a fun fight to watch, the Arya/Brienne one was just lame. But yeah Hound would fuck her up in the book. Especially once they were both disarmed.

They fumbled the skill levels of the top fighters in the show. Show-only fans have no idea just how good Jamie was, for instance. Having him basically be even with Ned in their duel is blasphemous to book readers lol..

At least that was a fun fight to watch, the Arya/Brienne one was just lame. But yeah Hound would fuck her up in the book. Especially once they were both disarmed.

They fumbled the skill levels of the top fighters in the show. Show-only fans have no idea just how good Jamie was, for instance. Having him basically be even with Ned in their duel is blasphemous to book readers lol..
I’m convinced d and d never read the books

Yea jamie was like number 3 after sword of morning and selmy

Absolutely. They cared about getting to the Red Wedding and executing it. Which they did admittedly pretty well. Really wish Blackfish and Great Jon’s parts were included though.
I always felt like they read certain scenes like the red wedding without context
And got context about things like Jon’s parentage from forums before they met with GRRM.

I always felt like they read certain scenes like the red wedding without context
And got context about things like Jon’s parentage from forums before they met with GRRM.
Yes I believe one of them was posting on the Ice and Fire forums about casting ideas from the superfans there before Season 1. I’d bet they got a lot of good info from those guys over there.

I already weighed in earlier that D&D’s biggest indiscretion was their handling of Littlefinger in seasons 5 and beyond, but another character that got really done dirty was Doran Martell. My god what a complete fuck up that was.

I already weighed in earlier that D&D’s biggest indiscretion was their handling of Littlefinger in seasons 5 and beyond, but another character that got really done dirty was Doran Martell. My god what a complete fuck up that was.
The somehow made the Sand Snakes even more annoying than they are in the books.

The entire Dorne plot was an abortion

also leaving out young griff probably made it impossible for the show to have a cohesive ending

It seems that family members would become familiar with each others dragons. Rhaenyra talked of wanting Alicent to ride with her. Surely parents would take a child for a dragon ride. As to children receiving dragons as eggs, there seem to be several examples otherwise. Dragons live longer than humans. Balerion was about 200 years old and apparently Viserys was his last rider with Viserys father Aegon before that so Balerion was apparently handed down. The dragon Daemon rides Caraxes, was Aemon Targaryens dragon.
Yeah, I'm not saying the only way to get a dragon of your own is as an egg. You can claim an adult dragon, and you probably have a better chance of getting one that you're familiar with, I imagine.
It isn't an inheritance though because the dragon can choose not to bond with you. Vhagar didn't have to bond with Aemond.
I'm pretty sure they tried to get Viserys to get another dragon because Balerion was so old and not moving around much. He died pretty soon after Viserys got him.

Speaking of dragons, I had hoped/continue to hope that they actually do more than just show us more dragons.
It'd be nice to know something more about them. How smart are they for instance? Do they have a personality? And what do they mean to the Targaryeans ?
Daeynyras considered them her children, but I don't really have a clear idea on how these guys think of them...they just seem like war beasts and status symbols for them so far.

The books get really wide and that's difficult when you have a tv show that does ten season per episode and 1 season per year.

D&D off'ing Barristan Selmy for no reason was worse. He just died to the Mereen baddies. Completely pointless death.

upload_2022-10-5_23-50-15.jpeg

This cuck brought to you by Vaegon Targaryen who’d rather be a book nerd Maester.

Oh I know he burnt people, but not the moment we saw him. He started burning people after his defeat on the Blackwater.

Still makes no sense he did it to his girl, who he went above and beyond for to save because she had Grayscale, at the risk of others being infected. and if you want to say he was getting desperate or went mad - the show doesn’t really build upon either very well and everything was so sudden.

Just makes no sense to me and I’d be willing to bet it doesn’t go down like that if WoW ever releases. They just saw him as a villain and wrote the worst possible ending they could for him (though I did like his dialogue with Brienne right at the end)

It seems to fit with GRRM's style of starting a storyline then just killing it off.

I find it a bit derivative TBH. He's his own man.

Did Littlefinger murder his own father and brother? Nope.

Did Littlefinger casually offer to gouge a kid's eye out? I think not.

Larys hasn't done anything or offered to do anything himself. Just like Littlefinger, he has others do his dirty work. How did he have the authority to get men out of prison?

Back