Crime Houston no-knock drug warrant killings: Officer charged with murder (8/23 update)

Thanks for the updates guys. Glad this isn't being whisked away as a terrible tragedy, and updating department policies. The people responsible for the loss of innocent lives are being held accountable. We'll see what the trial brings wether they're found guilty or innocent.

I'm a fan of his because he and his friends were so on top of the story that they forced the PDs hand. He was also targetted by them to try and silence him with a fake case (which was thrown out recently) but he is going to keep covering regardless.
The child sex charges were thrown out?
I have not read that, charges dating back to 2002 seemed fishy from the start

No knock raids and no refusal weekends. It’s bullshit. These are a couple of really terrible things about Houston.

All cops are cops therefore they're corrupt killers amirite?

God it feels good to have so much edge

I swear. I will never understand a NO KNOCK raid.

I can understand it. Element of surprise, and all that. If they have to announce their presence and be let in, that time can be used to destroy evidence, or flee.

They just better be damn sure it's the right folks when they implement it.

they need to freeze their retirement accounts, see how everyone likes policing for profit in reverse

I'm just mocking "Cops are evil" posters who can't speak in anything much besides absolutes.
What are your thoughts on the actual thread topic, the corrupt and negligent cops who killed two innocent citizens?

What are your thoughts on the actual thread topic, the corrupt and negligent cops who killed two innocent citizens?
I differentiate bad cops - the vast minority- from good cops.
If a jury and/or department IA investigation finds a cop at fault, let justice be served upon them.

If a jury and/or department IA investigation finds a cop at fault, let justice be served upon them.
We're not talking about a cop on patrol abusing his power in a random traffic stop, we're talking about a no knock raid gone wrong. Those aren't set up by just a few cops, that's something that is organized and executed at multiple levels of the department.

But we already know what happened. They broke into an innocent families house without announcing themselves as anybody of note and executed the couple and their dog.

We're not talking about a cop on patrol abusing his power in a random traffic stop, we're talking about a no knock raid gone wrong. Those aren't set up by just a few cops, that's something that is organized and executed at multiple levels of the department.
... My statement holds. I'm not about to broadly point my finger of blame at a large group of great men and women for the actions of a few.
As much as the press loves bad cop headlines, my thinking isn't clouded by emo.

Back