How can a Brit bet online in the US?

Jordan3399

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'll likely be travelling to Texas for a while over summer and possibly longer and wanted to know if anybody has any guidance on betting MMA still while there. I went last summer and had reasonable success getting on to sites but a lot of my usual UK books started blocking me due to the location.

I make a solid amount of income betting so would like to maintain it as easily as possible but know US laws are kinda weird on betting. I'm also 20 so not sure how much that will effect me with legal ages being different in the US, also a British citizen fwiw. Apparently sports betting isn't even legal in the Texas and a lot of places require you to be 21 I believe so not quite sure how anyone goes about it.

Any advice on what sites to use whether US or international or if I can even use them, or any loopholes and basically what options are available to me would be appreciated. Whether its as simple as making an account with US book's or otherwise.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
You got a pipe dream going on there my dude. Its s citizen thing. In the reverse side of things I would love to have accounts at Pinnacle, W.Hill, B365 etc. Location location location. You're biggest problem at a US book will be when you withdraw. You'll have to present US ID, address, etc.

I've used Hola as a free VPN to access my Euro bookies, it's worked for all of them, WH, PP, 365 etc. Would you not just continue using your usual ones? Seeing as you're only staying a few months, you'd hardly be withdrawing whilst being over there?

You can definitely access them, Ive been able to access them from most countries.

You got a pipe dream going on there my dude. Its s citizen thing. In the reverse side of things I would love to have accounts at Pinnacle, W.Hill, B365 etc. Location location location. You're biggest problem at a US book will be when you withdraw. You'll have to present US ID, address, etc.
Thought that was probably the case but figured I should clarify, guess I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks anyway.

I've used Hola as a free VPN to access my Euro bookies, it's worked for all of them, WH, PP, 365 etc. Would you not just continue using your usual ones? Seeing as you're only staying a few months, you'd hardly be withdrawing whilst being over there?

You can definitely access them, Ive been able to access them from most countries.
Thats good to know, I used a few books like that before but had issues with a few getting my location somehow. Think it was an unreliable VPN cutting out and them then tracing my IP to my actual location. I'll check out Hola if its worked reliably before then, thanks.

Back