how come we dont ever hear about

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
top european boxing coaches since some of the best boxing comes from ukrane russia ect parts of the world?

i never really studied boxing training due to being fortunate enough to have a great coach since i was little but i like to study all aspects of fighting now i feel u can always learn something from someone but i find that a bit odd that people only talk about trainers from the us

Because most of them were from the USSR era, Coaches didn't train the fighters the Soviet Union did.

doesnt quite make sense

your saying they didnt start off having their own individual coaches but that the gov provided people to train them thats still their coach someone had tot each them how to throw punches

doesnt quite make sense
your saying they didnt start off having their own individual coaches but that the gov provided people to train them thats still their coach someone had tot each them how to throw punches

Do you happen to know the coach of Teofilo Stevenson? Or Felix Savon?

top european boxing coaches since some of the best boxing comes from ukrane russia ect parts of the world?

i never really studied boxing training due to being fortunate enough to have a great coach since i was little but i like to study all aspects of fighting now i feel u can always learn something from someone but i find that a bit odd that people only talk about trainers from the us
<{1-10}>
I don't know why an American would feel compelled to take on Russian boxing training? Seems the province of experts or pro's trying to define a title winning style.

<{1-10}>
I don't know why an American would feel compelled to take on Russian boxing training? Seems the province of experts or pro's trying to define a title winning style.

Russian (and Cuban) styles were made for mass-production of athletes, with great emphasis on partner drills & bag-work over 1-on-1 mitt-work with personal trainer, and complete structurization of material in all fields [technique, S&C, drills, exercises] so the dumbest students & coaches could understand (for example - the first week, the first session: movement, neutral stance, combat stance, jab, shoulder block, etc. All these are described in detail in numerous (>50) textbooks, including even the manufacture of boxing bags, rings, etc. (dimensions, material, etc.)), so it's very good variant for hobbyists.

m79c10d1c.jpg

m3f7ab69c.jpg

m58bcb089.jpg

27a087db.jpg

Plus, there were additional books like "Southpaw in boxing", "Boxing infighting", "Development of explosive quickkness" and so on. Treasure trove for the people, who train by themselves in their basement.

Russian (and Cuban) styles were made for mass-production of athletes, with great emphasis on partner drills & bag-work over 1-on-1 mitt-work with personal trainer, and complete structurization of material in all fields [technique, S&C, drills, exercises] so the dumbest students & coaches could understand (for example - the first week, the first session: movement, neutral stance, combat stance, jab, shoulder block, etc. All these are described in detail in numerous (>50) textbooks, including even the manufacture of boxing bags, rings, etc. (dimensions, material, etc.)), so it's very good variant for hobbyists.

m79c10d1c.jpg

m3f7ab69c.jpg

m58bcb089.jpg

27a087db.jpg

Plus, there were additional books like "Southpaw in boxing", "Boxing infighting", "Development of explosive quickkness" and so on. Treasure trove for the people, who train by themselves in their basement.
Ok.... not what I was really talking about. The thread asked a question and I gave an opinion. If anyone wants to investigate Russian boxing I didn't say anything about them not doing so. My opinion was based on the complexity of boxing science as I understand it practiced in the US. My last thrust was footwork.<CageCoffee>

m79c10d1c.jpg

m3f7ab69c.jpg

m58bcb089.jpg

27a087db.jpg

Figure 2 the guy on the tree looks like a #metoo moment circa 1958

doesnt quite make sense

The state took credit for training them. There was rarely any individual glory in the Soviet Union... there were individual coaches that trained them. But it wasn't like the USA. Most coaches during the USSR's time period were employed by the State. They weren't just guys like Eddie Futch who happened to have a great skill at training people. These were employees of the government paid to train these boxers for Olympic glory. Who they were wasn't important to showcase to the world as it was for the boxers/athletes to get Olympic gold.

The state took credit for training them. There was rarely any individual glory in the Soviet Union... there were individual coaches that trained them. But it wasn't like the USA. Most coaches during the USSR's time period were employed by the State. They weren't just guys like Eddie Futch who happened to have a great skill at training people. These were employees of the government paid to train these boxers for Olympic glory. Who they were wasn't important to showcase to the world as it was for the boxers/athletes to get Olympic gold.
Ah the unity of the people, and removal of the individual self and private ownership

Russian (and Cuban) styles were made for mass-production of athletes, with great emphasis on partner drills & bag-work over 1-on-1 mitt-work with personal trainer, and complete structurization of material in all fields

do you have more info on this?

well thats lame god i couldnt imagine how good certain countries would be if they had the same backing as communist countries

<{1-10}>
because im a student f the game even if i master something is till like to see what others do im a black belt in gracie jiu jitsu and i still go back to watch certain guys do fundamental things to see if i can find a detail here and there

because im a student f the game even if i master something is till like to see what others do im a black belt in gracie jiu jitsu and i still go back to watch certain guys do fundamental things to see if i can find a detail here and there
<NewGina>I know.

I could provide you with said boxing textbooks in e-format (they are free for everyone) but they are in Russian language.

that would be great but i cannot read russian lol. I am interested in learning more of the method though.

that would be great but i cannot read russian lol. I am interested in learning more of the method though.
You mean, how newbies are trained in step-by-step manner? I could write something like guide with 6th month plan for “your average” student (in Russia, we have our first beginners tournament at the end of that period, so you must know the basics), without individual qualities checked. The main problem will be with video references - I’m too lazy to do them myself, and not all exercises and drills are available on YT. So the guide will be mainly pics+text.

Back