How did manlet armies win in ancient warfare?

This isn't bare fist fighting on an ancient battlefield... you don't need to be a big hulking brute or an average sherdogger to swing a sword, thrust a spear or shoot a bow. Cardio would be a much bigger factor to keep swinging, thrusting or shooting your weapon and not gas out more than sheer strength. You have to have some muscle of course but being too big maybe a hinderance.

Same thing with modern warfare you don't need to be a 250lb monster... it only takes 3-6lbs of pressure to pull a trigger, you need more cardio to keep moving and pushing.

Neanderthals are manlets who would whoop regular sized humans today:

Neanderthal-VS.-Homo-Sapien-2.jpg
Better underpants too

Also I suspect simply better training, a standing army of trained soliders against armies of farmers.
That was also a major factor but that again is apart of the unit cohesion and formations.

Exactly. But now give the 6'2" guy a 9' spear too. And you know how the shorter guy always has to eat the first shot in boxing to move inside and get his own shots going? I imagine it being the same way, only the manlet is eating a spear to the head instead of a jab.. Wouldn't the reach disadvantage get the manlet killed every time?

The "huge" Germanic warriors of that time weren't actually huge in today's standards. They weren't all 6 feet plus. They were more like 5'6"-5-8" "huge."

Everything is relative.

Because smaller penis makes for better mobility.

Interesting thought. Humans have evolved through CONFLICT.

Maybe not so much biologically, but as a tool wielding organism, we have evolved our ability to craft tools to kill. We are all cyborgs in a way (knives, forks, phones, cars) - and we have reached a point where instead of needing to evolve our bodies, we can directly evolve our tools and environment.

Basically, the Romans evolved their killing tools more quickly (short swords, shields, legions and strategy)

You ever see Voltron?
They did that but instead of cat robots they used people.

You look at the Romans, and they're 5'6" men fighting against German savages that are 6'+ and 180-200 lbs. You look at Japan, and they're like 5'3", so it's just like how did they have these amazing armies? How did the Romans beat down guys with a 50+ lb weight advantage and 8+ inches of reach on them?
Weapons would be one obvious answer but the one i think of as the most important is a cultures cosmology, tribal cultures weren't nearly as brutal or violent in most cases as any of the "civilizations" that came after them, look at how the germans turned out after they became cultured, and look at how the spaniards wiped out the aztecs and mayas with small numbers, totally different ideas about the world.

Many things mentioned but also

A large portion of their armies weren't made of romans.

Size matters much more when both are wearing plate armour, without it speed is better than strength, of course skill beats both.

Matching social life it involved repeated exploitation of low singles.

Ummmm, do you think they had vale tudo matches to determine the outcome of a war? They used weapons. A small dude with a spear and shield can easliy kill a bigger dude with a sword or axe.

Well firstly all of humanity was significantly shorter back in the day, second in war or in a fight to death weapons get used.
I mean I get some of you love MMA and get way too into it but in reality a larger man is also a larger target.
A weapon will slice or stab through you no matter how big you are, an arrow can fucking kill animals who are immensely stronger than any human man.
You got 200 Alpha bros with weapons but they have no organisation and no real skill with said weapons vs 200 manlets with incredible organisation and insane skills with their weapons, "alphas" gonna get massacred.

Like do you really think in ancient war people would just run into each other and have 1v1 fights like in some video game? Also Numbers are very important.

Well firstly all of humanity was significantly shorter back in the day, second in war or in a fight to death weapons get used.
I mean I get some of you love MMA and get way too into it but in reality a larger man is also a larger target.
A weapon will slice or stab through you no matter how big you are, an arrow can fucking kill animals who are immensely stronger than any human man.
You got 200 Alpha bros with weapons but they have no organisation and no real skill with said weapons vs 200 manlets with incredible organisation and insane skills with their weapons, "alphas" gonna get massacred.

Like do you really think in ancient war people would just run into each other and have 1v1 fights like in some video game? Also Numbers are very important.

Yea I think people here are way overrating size. Stamina and skill is much more important. Also anyone who was the shit with bows were like machine guns.

Skilled like this dude:

Back