How do I go about making kefir?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Specifically I want to make a kefir that has l reuteri because it's supposed to have the most benefits for testosterone and hair. Is there a certain type of grain I would need? Is this something you can find in stores or would it have to be ordered online?

I got some kefir grains off Amazon years ago. They have kefir grain kits on their to get you started.

I got some kefir grains off Amazon years ago. They have kefir grain kits on their to get you started.
Do you have any knowledge on l reuteri? I'm trying to make one specifically that contains l reuteri but I'm not sure how exactly to do that. Would I assume that any proper kefir grain has it?

Do you have any knowledge on l reuteri? I'm trying to make one specifically that contains l reuteri but I'm not sure how exactly to do that. Would I assume that any proper kefir grain has it?
I believe so, although I haven’t done much research on it.

Making kefir is a roundabout way to get there. Kefir has multiple strains that compete with each other, so the concentration of l reuteri specifically will be low. That's actually the appeal of kefir, that you get a large variety of different strains that do different things in the body. That's also the yardstick used to evaluate probiotics supplements: the more different strains you have and the higher CFU amount, the better. Kefir is good to re-introduce strains that you may have lost through antiobiotics but the CFU amount is low and it's not a true alternative to supplements. It's a food with added benefits.

You'd want something more like this:
100M CFU is a huge amount and that's only of the strain you want.

shopping

That being said I doubt it's going to have any meaningful impact on your testosterone. Typically people have more success with nootropics like shilajit, maca, fenugreek, tongkat ali, etc. You think you want more testosterone but it's more likely that you want something associated with testosterone in your mind, for example maybe you want more energy or more libido. L. reuteri isn't going to get you that, but other things might.

Specifically I want to make a kefir that has l reuteri because it's supposed to have the most benefits for testosterone and hair. Is there a certain type of grain I would need? Is this something you can find in stores or would it have to be ordered online?
Get a kit at your local health organic store. Kefir is amazing.

Back