How do I make a mixture of the healthiest stuff and just eat that every day?

So I finally found out the right term to google in order to find out more.

It's called "macro bowls"

Now most of the recipes are just for one meal, but I'm going to try to find the one that has the perfect mixture of macros and nutrients, then instead of making one bowl, I'll make like 3 gigantic pots of it. Then I'll only eat that all week long.

I already made my first experiment bowl and it was kind of a failure. I did brown rice, black beans, chicken, spinach, avocado, red onion, walnuts.

Based on the online recommendation of getting 40/40/20 split between protein/carb/fat I had to keep piling on chicken to get enough protein, until the entire damn bowl was overflowing with chicken. I ate it, but it just felt like too much chicken. I tried to increase protein by adding more black beans, but that pushed the carbs way too high.

I'm wondering if I should just go for a lower protein count, like 30% protein, 40% carb, 30% fat. I am trying to build some muscle, and I do some lifting 3x/week but my first priority is weight loss.

Have you kept at it bro ? Managed to make the mixture you wanted ?

I looked up the macro bowls thanks to your thread and I have to say it looks quite practical. And less labour intensive than my usual meal prep.

But again it's not a mixture like you initially wanted, it's a bowl of whole foods.

For your last experience maybe if you skept the brown rice and replaced it with half chicken/half black beans it would have been less chicken heavy.

I find often that when I choose bad food it's more for convenience than taste.

So I was wondering if I could just make a huge batch of some kind of chili or jambalaya where I just throw in all the things my body needs into one big pot, then that's pretty much all I eat for a week.

Kind of like how a dog eats dog food and nothing else. I'd want to make "human food" with the same concept.

I can't be the first one to think of this, so I'm assuming that someone's already figured out an optimal recipe or there must be some huge drawbacks I'm not considering.

I'm thinking maybe start with brown rice, toss in broccoli, chicken, carrots, spinach, and black beans. If that's all I ate for a year I wonder what nutrients I'd be deficient in?

Various forms of Vegetarian chili, especially those with Quinoa seem closest to what you're describing. I can tell you, it's a very tasty recipe. Also, you can always just add meat if that's a deal breaker.

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/vegetarian-quinoa-chili/

I typically find eating the same shit all the time gets boring after a week or so. But i still stick to the same pattern of protein with fat in the morning, fruits and veggies at lunch and protein with a side of something that benefits digestion for dinner. I try to stay away from eating a large amount of carbs in any case.

Strict dieting certainly works if your a very disciplined person, but just following simple guidelines with consistent exercise works wonders. I don't believe its nessasary to have a "miracle bowl" for breakfest lunch and dinner

I’ve found that they sell chick fil a sauce at the Walmart’s now. I could eat chicken all day with a tad glob of that. So that’s my cheat to spice it up. I miss chick fil a so much since eating a strict diet. But a little bit of the sauce gets me through tough times.

Back