How do you keep up with new album releases?

loisestrad

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously you know when Beyonce or the likes has dropped a new single/album. It's all over the media. But how do you get aware of your favorite artists releasing new material when they're somewhat obscure?

I use https://www.musicbutler.io/

No, this isn't a commercial. It's just what I use. Spotify has a feature called "Release Radar", that's great too. Apple Music used to notify me on new releases by my favorite artists, but they seem to have abandoned that feature. It doesn't work anymore.

So how do you keep up?

Facebook. I use it mainly to follow artists' and some general pages and that keeps me in the loop. Every now and then I'll also check allmusic, 2DopeBoyz or Datpiff.

Twitter. I follow musicians/bands and record labels mostly as well as a few sites like Rolling Stone and NPR Music.

Spotify will notify me if an artist I like drops a new project.

I don't Alice in Chains is my favorite band and didn't even know they released their new album until couch ninja brought it up in a thread.

Metacritic. It's great for reviews on bands I haven't heard and it's got a good upcoming release section. Otherwise I watch that YouTube guy's weekly single reviews because he usually mentions a couple of bands/acts that are worth checking out.

I follow a bunch of download websites, a few artists websites and pages

rarely miss anything I'm interested in, though the new music I seek out isn't a high priority for me

Back