How does prime GSP do in the Modern WW division?

Askren’s chin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I believe he beats all the top 15 with Colby giving him the most issues (winning one round) and he goes on to whoop usman.

opinions?

giphy.gif

Georges had good boxing, good kicks, an amazing top game, top notch reflexes (before the two ACL injuries) and timing which made his takedowns even more effective and a ridiculous jab.

He would get tested. The guys today are quite good, but I think he's going to end up the champion if he's in his prime and fighting today. Yes, anyone can get caught and lose, but he's incredibly skilled and he knows how to minimize risk.

I think he would be champ. Usman and Colby give him the toughest fights but I would pick prime GSP over both.

Georges had good boxing, good kicks, an amazing top game, top notch reflexes (before the two ACL injuries) and timing which made his takedowns even more effective and a ridiculous jab.

He would get tested. The guys today are quite good, but I think he's going to end up the champion if he's in his prime and fighting today. Yes, anyone can get caught and lose, but he's incredibly skilled and he knows how to minimize risk.
HE TRANSCENDS ERA!!

I think he would be champ. Usman and Colby give him the toughest fights but I would pick prime GSP over both.

Both guys have horrible striking defense. Usman isn't much of a striker. GSP picks them apart

theres a reason he retired in his prime 8 years ago after a controversial decision...

Can you survive one day without saying Gsp?

You didn't used to be like that di you get a concussion?

Both guys have horrible striking defense. Usman isn't much of a striker. GSP picks them apart
Probably, I still think both would give him a tougher fight than anyone else in the top 10 at WW though.

Usman and Lord Khamzat are the only WWs who could consistently give GSP a tough fight I imagine out of today's division.

What’s with the gsp fan threads? He was beaten out of the sport by Hendricks, avoided USADA for a few years, then hand picked bisping on his way out a couple years ago. He’s not relevant and I doubt that he’d pass any tests.

Back