How does prime GSP do in the Modern WW division?

defeated all the one dimensional ww and natural lw....

and 32 is not prime?
Mas has 14 losses in his career. He has not earned either shot at the championship belt. He’s coming off a loss of the champion and getting an immediate rematch. Is this an example of the much more well rounded fighters in the division? Give me a break. GSP would 50-43 Mas..

And no 32 was not in his prime because he had a devastating ACL reconstruction. Then he had another ACL reconstruction still came back to win the middleweight championship. Legend.

Mas has 14 losses in his career. He has not earned either shot at the championship belt. He’s coming off a loss of the champion and getting an immediate rematch. Is this an example of the much more well rounded fighters in the division? Give me a break. GSP would 50-43 Mas..

And no 32 was not in his prime because he had a devastating ACL reconstruction. Then he had another ACL reconstruction still came back to win the middleweight championship. Legend.
YOU ARE TRULY ENLIGHTENED SIR!!!!

you said it yourself...

"hes getting title shot he didnt earn"

hows that suppose to help your argument exactly?

you acknowledge hes getting title shot over more worthy title contenders.

im guessing dan hardy getting a title shot is an example of a deep division...

doesnt mean he didnt make full recovery...

and cherrypicked one eye 39 yrar old near the end of his career.

did he defend the belt?

I don't watch much MMA anymore outside of the occasional big fights, but i don't see Usman posing any sort of threat that GSP hasn't dealt with before. Usman is a beast don't get me wrong, but prime GSP was unstoppable apart from getting KO'd and i don't think Usman does that to him.

Still though, i'd love to have seen it.

you said it yourself...

"hes getting title shot he didnt earn"

hows that suppose to help your argument exactly?

you acknowledge hes getting title shot over more worthy title contenders.

im guessing dan hardy getting a title shot is an example of a deep division...

doesnt mean he didnt make full recovery...

and cherrypicked one eye 39 yrar old near the end of his career.

did he defend the belt?
I don’t think you even know exactly what you were attempting to argue? Me pointing out that the current number one contender does not deserve a title shot does not hurt my argument in any way, because my argument is that the division has not evolved. Not at all. You are claiming that GSP faced one dimensional fighters. Inferring that you believe the current division is far better than it used to be. So explain to me why someone that doesn’t deserve a title shot is getting 2 title shots in a span of about six months in the current generation of fighters? Help me out?

And no GSP never fully recovered his athleticism after the ACL reconstruction. Do you think Nick Diaz has any chance of stuffing GSP takedowns just a few years earlier? No fucking way. Watch some fights.

I don’t think you even know exactly what you were attempting to argue? Me pointing out that the current number one contender does not deserve a title shot does not hurt my argument in any way, because my argument is that the division has not evolved. Not at all. You are claiming that GSP faced one dimensional fighters. Inferring that you believe the current division is far better than it used to be. So explain to me why someone that doesn’t deserve a title shot is getting 2 title shots in a span of about six months in the current generation of fighters? Help me out?

how slow are you?

you do realize that ufc, like other spots organizations, was dealing with covid and masvidal 1st title shot was actually last minute replacement for burns who had covid?

now his 2nd title shot is ufc way of repaying him for stepping in on short notice.

also the champ usman has wins over 3 opponents in top 5 and 5 opponents in top 10, so its easy to see why he might be running out of opponents to beat.

again dan hardy got a title shot 10 years ago, so lets not go there.

And no GSP never fully recovered his athleticism after the ACL reconstruction. Do you think Nick Diaz has any chance of stuffing GSP takedowns just a few years earlier? No fucking way. Watch some fights.

gsp td get overrated cause he was facing guys like condit and hardy with horrible tdd.

johnny hendricks was 1st fighter he faced who wasnt one dimensional and he send him into early retirement

how slow are you?

Based on the last few posts easily 5 steps ahead of you.. But lets find out more..

you do realize that ufc, like other spots organizations, was dealing with covid and masvidal 1st title shot was actually last minute replacement for burns who had covid?

Yes and he got his ass whooped.. But surely Mas has done so much since then to earn another TS in this stacked WW division......... Oh no.. Actually he hasn't fought... Oops..

now his 2nd title shot is ufc way of repaying him for stepping in on short notice.

Well I hope he is grateful for getting such an underserved hand out..

also the champ usman has wins over 3 opponents in top 5 and 5 opponents in top 10, so its easy to see why he might be running out of opponents to beat.

So Usman is great.. Never said otherwise, but GSP did the same thing at WW.. He cleaned it out, pretty much several times over.. Nobody at WW left for him to fight at all when he left..

again dan hardy got a title shot 10 years ago, so lets not go there.

Yes he did.. This is where you are lost.. That was GSP's 4th title defense.. Usman is on wait for it..........

Defense number 4... Wow funny how that works.. And 2 against a 14 loss fighter.. Damn WW is stacked as fuck yo...

gsp td get overrated cause he was facing guys like condit and hardy with horrible tdd.

And Hughes, Fitch, Shields, Kos but lets not let facts get in the way of you peddling BS..

johnny hendricks was 1st fighter he faced who wasnt one dimensional and he send him into early retirement

Skip Bayless level crap on this last one..

Based on the last few posts easily 5 steps ahead of you.. But lets find out more..

thats cause im already a full lap ahead. soon its gonna be 2.

Yes and he got his ass whooped.. But surely Mas has done so much since then to earn another TS in this stacked WW division......... Oh no.. Actually he hasn't fought... Oops..

Well I hope he is grateful for getting such an underserved hand out..

again what in "last minute replacement" didnt you get?

he stepped in to save the main event and now ufc is giving him a title shot with full camp.

So Usman is great.. Never said otherwise, but GSP did the same thing at WW.. He cleaned it out, pretty much several times over.. Nobody at WW left for him to fight at all when he left..

not true.

he ran away when maia, woodley, lombard and lawler were making noise in ww and were destroying his top wins.

Yes he did.. This is where you are lost.. That was GSP's 4th title defense.. Usman is on wait for it..........

Defense number 4... Wow funny how that works.. And 2 against a 14 loss fighter.. Damn WW is stacked as fuck yo...

you're arguing there arent more worthy contenders in ww?

And Hughes, Fitch, Shields, Kos but lets not let facts get in the way of you peddling BS..

most of those guys didnt have good tdd and were destroyed by fighters gsp avoided

Skip Bayless level crap on this last one..

its called facts... you should give it a shot

thats cause im already a full lap ahead. soon its gonna be 2.

You can't even keep track of your own attempts at an argument..

So you have YET to leave the starting line..

he stepped in to save the main event and now ufc is giving him a title shot with full camp.

Yeah I get it.. He did NOT deserve a shot then or now.. That's 2 of the 4 Usman defenses against a 14 loss foe..

not true.

he ran away when maia, woodley, lombard and lawler were making noise in ww and were destroying his top wins.

On that list Robbie is the only guy that deserved any piece of GSP when he left.. That's it.. Not a fight in demand at all.. Woodley came on later.. Woodley got his ass kicked by GSP's kid brother.

you're arguing there arent more worthy contenders in ww?

If you look at the top 5 Usman has done a good job cleaning it out.. Just like GSP did in his time.. WW is NOT more stacked now.. Usman is a great fighter for sure.. But your inference is that WW is more stacked now.. I call BS.. Condit, Kos, Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields, they are vastly inferior as a group to Colby, Burns, Edwards, and Mas? Come on son.. Again Mas has 14 losses, and Edwards is famous for getting backstage bitch slapped by Mas.

most of those guys didnt have good tdd and were destroyed by fighters gsp avoided

Hughes and Shields don't have good TDD??? Shields beat the piss out of Hendo in his prime. You need fight pass. Can you afford it?

its called facts... you should give it a shot
No it is called BS.. That's why you left those fighters off the list, because your narrative is a half assed mess..

You can't even keep track of your own attempts at an argument..

So you have YET to leave the starting line..

the race is over... you were asleep

Yeah I get it.. He did NOT deserve a shot then or now.. That's 2 of the 4 Usman defenses against a 14 loss foe..

you can repeat the same factoid over and over.

there's already an explanation why hes getting those ts.

On that list Robbie is the only guy that deserved any piece of GSP when he left.. That's it.. Not a fight in demand at all.. Woodley came on later.. Woodley got his ass kicked by GSP's kid brother.

robbie was 3-0 as ww and destroyed kos (guy gsp couldn't put out in combined 40 minutes and with one working eye)

tyron was 2-1 in ufc (only loss was sd to shields) and he too finished kos and finished condit

maia was 3-1 as ww. only loss was sd to shields and he dominated fitch

lombard made his ww debut by ko marquardt and then dominated shields

and then of course there was hendricks and gsp kid brother

so gsp was far from cleaning that division.

all his top wins were either from older generation or were dominated by newcomers.

If you look at the top 5 Usman has done a good job cleaning it out.. Just like GSP did in his time.. WW is NOT more stacked now.. Usman is a great fighter for sure.. But your inference is that WW is more stacked now.. I call BS.. Condit, Kos, Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields, they are vastly inferior as a group to Colby, Burns, Edwards, and Mas? Come on son.. Again Mas has 14 losses, and Edwards is famous for getting backstage bitch slapped by Mas.

its not like gsp top wins stay on top after he retired the 1st time.

all his top wins were dominated by fighters gsp ducked...

so we cant compare the 2.

Hughes and Shields don't have good TDD??? Shields beat the piss out of Hendo in his prime. You need fight pass. Can you afford it?

both had tdd% of 35... in what world is that good?

and yeah, shields beat injured hendo who gassed himself out trying to finish the fight. and that fight was at mw.

how did shields look in ufc ww?

won a sd vs kampmann

then lost a close decision to gsp

then got murkd by ellenberger

then won bunch of other sd against maia and tyron

then failed a drug test

and finally got dominated by lombard

decent run, but nothing to brag about...

now when it comes to hughes, did he even have one top 10 win after losing to gsp?

No it is called BS.. That's why you left those fighters off the list, because your narrative is a half assed mess..

still way more objective than yours

I could see him becoming champion with his varied and efficient skill set, but I don't think he would be by any means a shoo-in like some are making it out to be. I could see Usman and most of the guys in and around the Top 5 potentially making him sweat. Not sure I'd rate any of them as a favorite over Rush or not, though.

Not including Masvidal and Luque in that list though (even though the latter is my boi); I don't think they have the defensive grappling to deal with a Prime GSP.

Back