How good is Mackenzie Dern compared to a male BJJ guy?

Lol at Tara Larosa having similar grappling credentials as Dern. No offense to Tara, but they're not even remotely close in skill levels.
Yes they are.
Being multiple world champion at FILA, champion at NAGA and silver at ADCC requires a level comparable to Derns credentials although as of now Derns mma accomplishments don't yet match Taras.

Yes they are.
Being multiple world champion at FILA, champion at NAGA and silver at ADCC requires a level comparable to Derns credentials although as of now Derns mma accomplishments don't yet match Taras.

Silver at adcc in 2005 and 2007 when the women's divisions were basically full of nobodies. The only high level grapplers she faced she lost to. And just lol at a NAGA championship being comparable to a major modern IBJJF tournament. If you don't know that there is a world of difference between these tournaments, then quite frankly you're not qualified to speak on the subject.

Silver at adcc in 2005 and 2007 when the women's divisions were basically full of nobodies. The only high level grapplers she faced she lost to. And just lol at a NAGA championship being comparable to a major modern IBJJF tournament. If you don't know that there is a world of difference between these tournaments, then quite frankly you're not qualified to speak on the subject.
Not to mention the fact that Tara Larosa in that video was 40 years old, fat, slow and out of shape, not even a shadow of her at her peak (and her peak is still miles below modern female grappling champions like you stated).
I don't want to sound like a broken record since I have already expressed my opinion on that the matter, but I find very misleading and silly to use that single example as a representation of female fighters potential as a whole.

Last edited:
I really wish a mod would nuke this thread.

Lol, why this thread bother you so much?

I just feel a thread like this pops up every couple of months and quickly devolves into sad white knights vs angry female-hating dudes.

Last edited:
She could beat some casual male BB

But pros would wreck her

Same deal with every sport. The Williams sisters got wrecked by an older 200th ranked tennis player

Happens even in sports that aren't as heavily power dependent as Grappling. The Australian's Women Soccer Team was beaten 7 - 0 in a match against a boy's high school.

Mackenzie regularly drops male sparring partners with Body Shots.
FACT.

I just feel a thread like this pops up every couple of months and quickly devolves into sad white knights vs angry female-hating dudes.
Well, I can't say you are wrong, but from what I see there are also reasonable and unbiased posters whose opinion on the subject is worthy listening to.

FACT.

I wish she would start doing it in her fights more haha. She over extends so much when she strikes but I think the power is there.

She might get a takedown easier if she threw a 1,2 combo into some body shots and then clinched. I think she will do alright at MMA and she seems to rebound from losses pretty well.

FACT.
Yeah,I heard she could fly as well and walk on water.
She makes Chuck Norris look like a tool.

Be careful dem hands as well.
14-Mackenzie-Dern.jpg
8vrn0cv4d9i31.jpg

Yes they are.
Lmfao... naga...

Ok I am jumping in this derailed thread.

Can she defeat a man of same weight and skills?

Verry hard to tell.

So let look at achievement in order to find a potential match up or comparison.

She won adcc in 2005.

Leo vierra win in 2005.
If you don't know him.

What about Rafa Mended who win adcc in 2009..

In the gi it would be Bruno malfacine or ciao terra or. ....Mikey.

Last edited:
Ok I am jumping in this derailed thread.

Can she defeat a man of same weight and skills?

Verry hard to tell.

So let look at achievement in order to find a potential match up or comparison.

She won adcc in 2005.

Leo vierra win in 2005.
If you don't know him.

What about Rafa Mended who win adcc in 2009..

In the gi it would be Bruno malfacine or ciao terra or. ....Mikey.

You can't be serious. I doubt Mackenize would even score a point against any of those guys at competition speed. Mikey has won black belt absolute matches, what the hell could Mackenzie do against him.

You can't be serious. I doubt Mackenize would even score a point against any of those guys at competition speed. Mikey has won black belt absolute matches, what the hell could Mackenzie do against him.
I was just answering TS question:

"So, the question is, at which level do you think Dern would be competitive with guys in BJJ competition?".

danielle kelly outgrappled some dudes

Back