Opinion How have the current Riots affected your voting decision?

The Left is hostile to anyone who doesn't think and feel exactly like them. That isn't even really up for debate. You don't have the moral high ground on the issue of open mindedness.
<45>

Recent events have honestly made me give up on and possibly despise much of the country. And the frustration is directed at both sides.

- Cops consistently abusing their power for decades and still not giving a fuck
- Rioters looting stores owned by innocent civilians
- Cops using unneeded force on peaceful protesters and innocent bystanders trapped amid the chaos
- Rioters attacking innocent people who have done nothing wrong or are defending themselves
- People blindly screaming "Just listen to the police and you'll be fine, bro!" despite the cops having a history of abusing power, EVEN on white people
- All the chants of "Eat the rich!" and "Down with capitalism!" which are obviously cope from people who LOVE capitalism but just mad that they failed the game
- Conservatives going from hating big government because of the quarantines to once again being cucks for big daddy government (predictable)
- All the goofy shit from the protests. Like having white people bow for forgiveness of slavery. And having a white lady bow to show "solidarity" to BLM. How does that actually end stuff like racism and income inequality?

This is just gonna make racism worse in this country. So much mindless, undetected anger, and barely any actionable steps, clear points, and clearly defined goals. This is why I love guys like Kyle Kulinski/ Secular Talk. Even though I don't 100% agree with him, at least he puts out clear actionable steps and clearly defined goals that would help.

As for myself, I already know at least some of my actionable steps from this.
1. Diversify income (imagine having a business which is 90% of your income and it gets burned down)
2. Get myself and my fiancee a gun + training. I've been liberal all my life, but guns work.
3. Continue living in upper class suburbs, or at the very least have the option of quickly moving out of cities in case of chaos
4. Lie *DOWN* about wealth. People are pissed right now, and it's the worst time to brag. If they're pissed off and make 50k, you lie and say you're having "hard times" and only make 45k.
5. Somehow reinforce vehicles so people can't easily smash into them
6. Insurance for assets in case of events like this? (Not 100% sure, since I barely know anything about insurance lol)

Anyone got any other steps to take?

I won't be voting for Trump, but I will be voting against this.

At this point I think the adult thing to do is vote for whoever runs against Trump. There is becoming less and less of an objective argument to vote for Donald Trump.

No leadership. No results. He’s a total disaster.

- Cops using unneeded force on peaceful protesters and innocent bystanders trapped amid the chaos
Cops aren't mind readers. They have no idea who is who or who is doing what and don't have time to investigate or discern that in the middle of a riot. What they can do is issue an order for everyone to be out of a certain area by a certain time and then treat everyone that hasn't left the area as a rioter. That's all they can do. If you're still in a riot zone after that, that's your own damned fault. You're not "peaceful". You're adding to the chaos.

At this point I think the adult thing to do is vote for whoever runs against Trump. There is becoming less and less of an objective argument to vote for Donald Trump.

No leadership. No results. He’s a total disaster.

<TrumpWrong1>

what you’re seeing in the streets is a direct result of failed democrat leadership. Keep voting for Democrats and this is exactly what you’ll get.

I vote third party because if enough people do, it will eventually become a viable option. I don't do it because I think they're going to win.

You'll inevitably hear this from the sheeple, "A vote for Jorgensen is a vote for Trump," or, "It's a wasted vote." Fuck them. A vote for a candidate is a vote for a candidate, there are no wasted votes.

Im a republican and hate most republicans (McConnell sith lord) and democrats (AOC an idiot and Omar an uber-idiot) . They are all two faced and only care about making the wealthy richer. I want a small fed government and states to vote on almost all the issues they can (what a republican is supposed to be). I think Biden's contrived, cheesy, and nothing special. He's unimpressive. And weird. But Trump is a train wreck in too many ways to count. The fact that people still support him just blows my mind. Hes so full of shit, so uncaring about others, so narcissistic... just.. he's so so terrible. Hes done nothing in his presidency to improve my life. But i thinknhes helped plant seeds of social unrest and stupidity in american culture that will have a lasting effect for years after hes left office. Im going for Biden. Its a shame theres not someone like katie porter running. When it comes to president i dont care if theyre dem or rep.. i just go for who's authentic.

I'm not voting for either. I'm in a solidly blue state, I don't have to worry about it. I don't like either, Stable Genius is worse tho, riots have changed nothing about my opinion. The reason they started is far more concerning than the riots/protests themselves. The protests and riots are a result of larger issues that are not being addressed.

So why were they not addressed under the previous 8 years of Obama/Biden?

{<huh}

I've said before those 3 cops who were on top of floyd should be jailed and do some time, the guy on his neck should do considerable amount of time. The asian guy who did nothing should get fired for incompetence. I have also seen many of the videos of what you call cops hitting people with their vehicles and I didnt see that, I saw dumb protesters trying to destroyed their vehicles or getting on top of it. When you see a car coming you dont get in the way, you move out, these protesters arent doing that, they are getting in the way of those cop cars. I like that there are cops who are trying to stop the rioters and looters. I dont mind peaceful protest but the violent protest just destroys a community.

What about people hitting cops with cars?

Recent events have honestly made me give up on and possibly despise much of the country. And the frustration is directed at both sides.

- Cops consistently abusing their power for decades and still not giving a fuck
- Rioters looting stores owned by innocent civilians
- Rioters attacking innocent people who have done nothing wrong or are defending themselves
- People blindly screaming "Just listen to the police and you'll be fine, bro!" despite the cops having a history of abusing power, EVEN on white people
- All the chants of "Eat the rich!" and "Down with capitalism!" which are obviously cope from people who LOVE capitalism but just mad that they failed the game
- Conservatives going from hating big government because of the quarantines to once again being cucks for big daddy government (predictable)
- All the goofy shit from the protests. Like having white people bow for forgiveness of slavery. And having a white lady bow to show "solidarity" to BLM. How does that actually end stuff like racism and income inequality?

This is just gonna make racism worse in this country. So much mindless, undetected anger, and barely any actionable steps, clear points, and clearly defined goals. This is why I love guys like Kyle Kulinski/ Secular Talk. Even though I don't 100% agree with him, at least he puts out clear actionable steps and clearly defined goals that would help.

As for myself, I already know at least some of my actionable steps from this.
1. Diversify income (imagine having a business which is 90% of your income and it gets burned down)
2. Get myself and my fiancee a gun + training. I've been liberal all my life, but guns work.
3. Continue living in upper class suburbs, or at the very least have the option of quickly moving out of cities in case of chaos
4. Lie *DOWN* about wealth. People are pissed right now, and it's the worst time to brag. If they're pissed off and make 50k, you lie and say you're having "hard times" and only make 45k.
5. Somehow reinforce vehicles so people can't easily smash into them
6. Insurance for assets in case of events like this? (Not 100% sure, since I barely know anything about insurance lol)

Anyone got any other steps to take?

More and more Americans are sounding like they could be my neighbours.
Rough times.

Also, "So much mindless, undetected anger, and barely any actionable steps, clear points, and clearly defined goals." doesn't this sound like the setting for the sorts of wars America engages in? You know, the ones without achievable goals and that go on forever.

I was considering (50/50) on not voting for him.
I would never vote Biden, just leave it blank.

Now I'm pretty sure i will put his name down.
Being in Texas, I don't think it would make a big difference either way.

I believe these fuckers who are rioting and looting should be arrested for the scumbags they are but I still want Trump out of the white house. If I had to pick between Trump or Biden no doubt I would choose Biden. Tired of all his lies and criminal activities he surrounds himself in that white house and out of it.

I can appreciate this thinking . . . but I know what idiocy I can expect (most of the time) from Trump. I have no clue how stupid Biden could possibly be . . .

Back