How I cured my stomach ache

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For the last couple weeks, my gut has been sensitive. I already do intermittent fasting and aip diet and this has worked wonders for me but just recently there has been an issue with me having a mild stomach ache and I've become more picky about what I eat because certain foods make it worse.

I've had success with bone broth and hot lemon water relieving gastric issues in the past so I tried it again and it worked. I feel like a new man.

I drank a lot of broth and afterwards was on the toilet for the next 2-3 hours. I can't believe what and how much came out.

I'd be sitting on the pot thinking I was finally done. Then I'd stand up and I'd feel something move internally and I'd sit right back down. Like I said, this went on for a few hours. Every time I thought it was over and nothing more could be left, I'd walk around a little and boom, I'd feel something shift around and I'd beeline back to the toilet.

My gut feels so good now. I feel completely cleared out now after one huge pot of broth yesterday, but I read that some people do this for a few days. My Burmese friend said that it's common to do this once a month over there.

If you're having issues, give it a go. I added salt, garlic, and a little bit of pepper and Italian herbs to the broth which made it taste so good. Also, try adding a little olive oil and honey (real honey) to the hot lemon water.

Other stuff to add to your bone broth (only organic):
Celery
Carrots
Onion
Leeks
A little rosemary and thyme will enhance the flavor as well but don't leave these in the broth.

Last edited:
Do I add the herbs and spices before I eat it or after I shit it out?

I do it before but if you want to eat shit you could give it a try.

For me, diarrhoea is symptomatic of gastrointestinal distress, not something I'd seek to manifest in an effort to resolve it.

I do often make/consume bone broth though, it's great stuff.

For me, diarrhoea is symptomatic of gastrointestinal distress, not something I'd seek to manifest in an effort to resolve it.

I do often make/consume bone broth though, it's great stuff.
From what I've read, it's a common reaction to bone broth which has been boiled for a longer period of time. My stomach feels better. That I can say for sure.

From what I've read, it's a common reaction to bone broth which has been boiled for a longer period of time. My stomach feels better. That I can say for sure.
It sounds like you may have a histamine intolerance, which could be one of the reasons the AIP diet suits you.
I prefer to 4 hour pressure cook bone broth; it's quicker, extracts as many (I believe more) nutrients as a multi-day slow cook whilst reducing the levels of histamine in the broth.

Bone broth can be incredibly beneficial for gut healing, but it doesn't happen over night. It's impossible to say but it sounds to me like you may feel better for having a "clear out" which the bone broth was a catalyst for (for you), but a shitload of coffee, laxatives or kefir etc. may have had a similar effect?

It's great that you're feeling better, and as I say I'm a huge proponent of regular bone broth consumption, I just don't think it worked in the way you think it did. I'm always up for learning if I'm missing something though.

It sounds like you may have a histamine intolerance, which could be one of the reasons the AIP diet suits you.
I prefer to 4 hour pressure cook bone broth; it's quicker, extracts as many (I believe more) nutrients as a multi-day slow cook whilst reducing the levels of histamine in the broth.

Bone broth can be incredibly beneficial for gut healing, but it doesn't happen over night. It's impossible to say but it sounds to me like you may feel better for having a "clear out" which the bone broth was a catalyst for (for you), but a shitload of coffee, laxatives or kefir etc. may have had a similar effect?

It's great that you're feeling better, and as I say I'm a huge proponent of regular bone broth consumption, I just don't think it worked in the way you think it did. I'm always up for learning if I'm missing something though.
I've never messed with laxatives before, but while I do enjoy a cup of coffee most days, it's not the same. If anything, it can make my stomach worse when it feels that way.

I don't know why exactly, but the effect of the broth was unique in the restorative effect it had on my gut.

I read the same thing about histamines being released when the bones are boiled for a long period. That broth induced diarrhea, disgusting as it sounds, felt amazing so I'm not convinced that it was a bad thing but rather the opposite.

I imagine that the salt I added to the broth helped as well to counter any electrolyte/mineral loss I might have otherwise encountered as a result of the diarrhea.

The other thing I like about boiling the bones for a longer period of time is the flavor that comes out. My Burmese friend said that it's the marrow being extracted from the bone into the broth making it more nutritious.

All I know for sure is that my gut feels incredible and I haven't found any other way to get this feeling than the broth, though I think the hot lemon water helped as well.

Bone broth is amazing for gut health, as well as warm ginger lemon tea. Also aloe vera juice.

To heal the ulcer
Drink cabbage, apple and carrot fresh juiced it kills the bacteria h pylori that causes ulcers, also repairs the tears.

I love a nice warm mug of bone broth in the morning!
<{1-7}>

More than the broth and lemon water being the cure, it's probably more what you eliminated or reduced.

More than the broth and lemon water being the cure, it's probably more what you eliminated or reduced.
I already have a limited diet and have experimented tons with it in the last few years. I can say with certainty that the broth/hot lemon water is absolutely what made the difference. I think it's mainly the broth. The relief was almost immediate after drinking it. I tried it again a couple days later with the same good result. I'm a bone broth believer for life now.

I already have a limited diet and have experimented tons with it in the last few years. I can say with certainty that the broth/hot lemon water is absolutely what made the difference. I think it's mainly the broth. The relief was almost immediate after drinking it. I tried it again a couple days later with the same good result. I'm a bone broth believer for life now.
Are you making your own bone broth with Bones or just buying the already ground broth powder and warming it up in the microwave with water or boiling it?

Are you making your own bone broth with Bones or just buying the already ground broth powder and warming it up in the microwave with water or boiling it?
In the past, I always boiled the bones for many hours adding carrots, leeks, onion, celery, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt. I think I add some other stuff. I'm forgetting something. It takes forever to make because it has to boil for so many hours for the flavor to be rich enough.

The last few times I cheated and just added a fat scoop of better than bouillon into hot water along with some of the vegetables and herbs I mentioned and it's still really enjoyable and helps my stomach.

So, ideally, I boil bones for at least 6+ hours but I discovered that I like the better than bouillon in a pinch. Fast and pretty good

Up until the COVID lockdowns, i have been going to international liver medical conferences. the most surprising thing i've learned is how bad the products of high temperature cooking are for the body. Simply put, we weren't made to eat things like: fried foods, burned toast, crusty bread, and food with 'grill marks'.

yup, all the things that taste good.

if you look at third world diets where they people eat what seems like a low nutrition diet, yet the people are healthy, you can bet they cook their food in a pot at low temperature.

Tea and broth are both made at low temperature so the lack of high temperature cooked stuff may be a factor.

Just for fun, google high temperature cooking and health, and you'll find a lot of published papers on high temperature cooking related to inflammation, heart disease and other metabolic syndrome related diseases.

Up until the COVID lockdowns, i have been going to international liver medical conferences. the most surprising thing i've learned is how bad the products of high temperature cooking are for the body. Simply put, we weren't made to eat things like: fried foods, burned toast, crusty bread, and food with 'grill marks'.

yup, all the things that taste good.

if you look at third world diets where they people eat what seems like a low nutrition diet, yet the people are healthy, you can bet they cook their food in a pot at low temperature.

Tea and broth are both made at low temperature so the lack of high temperature cooked stuff may be a factor.

Just for fun, google high temperature cooking and health, and you'll find a lot of published papers on high temperature cooking related to inflammation, heart disease and other metabolic syndrome related diseases.
But man evolved into the superior beings when we created fire, and started cooking their meats. That supposedly sparked our evolutionary intellectual growth.

But man evolved into the superior beings when we created fire, and started cooking their meats. That supposedly sparked our evolutionary intellectual growth.

Cooking and fire certainly increased our caloric intake and nutritional health. Tat doesn't mean all of it was at high heat. if you look at a lot of diets around the world over the past few hundred years, they weren't going to KFC, krispy kreme and big Al's steak house.

Go on PubMed and read about high temperature cooking. you'll find articles spanning clinical outcomes all the way to cell biology and biochemistry.

First plenary talk I went to at a hepatology conference a German molecular biologist talked about this and everyone groaned. his response was, "ya, every food that tastes good. It's really unfortunate.".

FWIW - i don't' brown veggies or meat when i make a stew anymore. It saves time and i can barely taste the difference without the maillard reaction.

Cooking and fire certainly increased our caloric intake and nutritional health. Tat doesn't mean all of it was at high heat. if you look at a lot of diets around the world over the past few hundred years, they weren't going to KFC, krispy kreme and big Al's steak house.

Go on PubMed and read about high temperature cooking. you'll find articles spanning clinical outcomes all the way to cell biology and biochemistry.

First plenary talk I went to at a hepatology conference a German molecular biologist talked about this and everyone groaned. his response was, "ya, every food that tastes good. It's really unfortunate.".

FWIW - i don't' brown veggies or meat when i make a stew anymore. It saves time and i can barely taste the difference without the maillard reaction.

Interesting my sister who is a doctor (and has written books on dietary practices of Paleolithic peoples says the same thing). I don’t think I’m ready not to brown meats in my stew yet.

The food safety aspect of cooking is interesting to me, you're making food safer in terms of killing pathogens. Dysentery still kills plenty of people today, I bet for your average hunter/gatherer thousands of years ago getting a parasite or eating some raw carrion you found on the trail could possibly be a death sentence.

Kinda interesting that burnt things taste kind of good to us. We evolved along fire and I can imagine that our taste/preferences changed during that time too. Your body knows that if you seek out cooked food it's going to be safer/sustain you better. One way to know if it's safe to eat is if it tastes like it spent a good amount of time in that fire.

The food safety aspect of cooking is interesting to me, you're making food safer in terms of killing pathogens. Dysentery still kills plenty of people today, I bet for your average hunter/gatherer thousands of years ago getting a parasite or eating some raw carrion you found on the trail could possibly be a death sentence.

Kinda interesting that burnt things taste kind of good to us. We evolved along fire and I can imagine that our taste/preferences changed during that time too. Your body knows that if you seek out cooked food it's going to be safer/sustain you better. One way to know if it's safe to eat is if it tastes like it spent a good amount of time in that fire.

This sounds exactly like something which would occur to me, but oddly it never has. Spot on @wufabufa

Exactly, when i was a vegan my stomach growled when i passed by a steak house, i could smell that charred grill steak and chicken and i was drooling bad craving it just from smell alone.

Back