How is Kelvin in such garbage shape

Modern fighters should be fit all year around. No excuse for being unable to run without puking ever.

I'm from the Bazooka Joe Valtellini school of cardio- just do mad bag and mit work and you can get cardio and technique in at the same time. Less damage to the knees as well. I believe TJ didn't run either (EPO i know), and neither does Usman (who has insane cardio).

I don't think running or generally speaking enormous amounts of aerobic endurance is essential to MMA fighting.
The main reason is that the fights are quite short, compared to the very long boxing fights which certainly strain aerobic capacity.

In an MMA fight, explosiveness & power is more important than Aerobic performance, and knock outs happen much quicker than in boxing. So MMA fighters can be well served working out exclusively in the MMA gym, doing high intensity type exercises such as tabata.

People tend to misunderstand fighters gassing as lacking aerobic capacity. Anyone who trained in martial arts and sparred knows this to be untrue. When I began Muay Thai, I used to be a serious runner who ran serious distances no problem for extended periods of time. I'm talking 1-2.5hrs runs. Yet a 3 minute Muay Thai round had me gasping for air. That's because my heart was not built for the high intensity cardio of fighting, and running/long distance cardio (aerobic) did nothing to prepare my heart for that.
Yep, they are in the anaerobic system a lot. Especially in clinches and grappling. Footwork on the outside is aerobic. Wonderboy uses his aerobic system a lot, his anaerobic very little, and avoids the creatine-phosphate system of he can.

Styles make fight, Darren Till just played with that boy.

He should make a sherdog account to trim some fat and gain muscle and height.

How your body looks is only for the beach and chicks outside of that for fighting anyway the insides. Fedor, Roy Nelson etc say hi.

Lmao. Can’t even run 3 miles without throwing up. Does he seriously not run???
thats hard to believe tbh now ay could he puke at running 3 miles but go out and fight 3 round fights against top guys.. maybe once he takes weeks off and just got back into gym but def not when hes training

3 miles is nothing. Hate to get racist but Hispanics (all Hispanics without exception) have great cardio. At my peak I was running 3 miles in 19 minutes. I trained all the time. Then Rich *****nez who only ran twice a week smoked me with a 17:45 3 miler. Kelvin is not only Hispanic, he’s also a pro-athlete. He’s a shame to Hispania, professionals and athletes around the world.

Lmao. Can’t even run 3 miles without throwing up. Does he seriously not run???
hes a mma fighter make him wrestle for a million hours and he wont quit put him on a bike pool run etc he fails
this is why they have diff olympic events

Well he did say in the episode that he doesn't run and from the evidence of watching him try I think I believe him. It was very clear just by looking at them that Whittaker stays in shape when not in a fight camp and that Kelvin just doesn't.

They should have made it interesting and given Kelvin a two lap start though. Whittaker would have still beaten him, he lapped him and didn't really seem to be going too hard. It might have made Kelvin think he had a chance, made him go harder and throw up more.
Dont forget that Kelvin almost KO Izzy in the 1st round that would be impressive victory for Kelvin and winning the Interim title

pic of TS confirmed. See, even he jogs, Kelvin!

fat-loss-myths.jpg

Id shoot myself if i became this..his knee cap is missing..

Thats too far gone imo

Back