How likely is broken nose or harmed teeth in sparring? What about hard sparring?

Snowblindlove

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
New to striking curious will start a gym soon! I got a pretty face dont want to take real damage. Yes flame me for saying that

Likelyhood of dental problems while wearing a mouthguard at a good gym? Very low.

Likelyhood of dental problems while not wearing a mouthguard in a hard sparring gym? High.

It's very unlikely. Specially for beginners. A normal gym wont let you spar without mouthguard, and wont let anyone go hard with a beginner. There is always the chance of an accident, or the chance to go on a dick-head's gym, but the probabilities are low.
If you happen to go on a bad gym, my advice is to leave immediately, don't give them any chance.

It's very unlikely. Specially for beginners. A normal gym wont let you spar without mouthguard, and wont let anyone go hard with a beginner. There is always the chance of an accident, or the chance to go on a dick-head's gym, but the probabilities are low.
If you happen to go on a bad gym, my advice is to leave immediately, don't give them any chance.

I wonder how it is for fighters people wanting to beat them and test them in training especially when up and coming. Didnt Chute Boxe back in the day do hard sparring and legit fighting?

Hard sparring? there is just Sparring ang playing sparring

Mmmm if you are being a jerk and swing wildly at people I guess you could end up having a broken nose. I never saw nobody break their nose at sparring.

Teeth with a mouth guard I never had any problems or close to it.

Only had a bloody nose once like 10 years ago. That being said mostly I don't even train at all.

You can always go easy and work with people who are beginners and don't go hard and communicate your wishes. Till you get a grip of it.

As for chute box, you aren't from Brasil right.

None of us want broken noses or teeth, that doesn't make us wussies.

If you have a big ass nose like a proboscus monkey as I do it will happen often.
Fortunately after 7 breaks it’s not so prominent now and it’s certainly not straight.
Blessed if you have a Thai nose, flat with small cartilage.
If it breaks don’t worry, it’s not a big deal, as long as I can get a hard on I don’t care about much else

Never seen a broken nose in sparring from just punches.

Back