Nintendo How many N64 games still hold up today?

That was the original game. They followed it up with "Wrestlemania 2000" and "No Mercy". Those are the AKI/THQ games people still fawn over to this day. I believe "Nitro" and "Thunder" were PS1 games made by other companies.

The PS1 wcw games were trash

Haha I had some fun with Pod Racer remaster or whatever that they released on the PS4. But yeah, definitely some not so great elements.

Made me think of another racer that held up well, F-Zero X. Super fluid, challenging racing.

And to your last question, yes. You can play PSX on PS2 without issue. I think that’s on any model too.
Pod Racer was crazy at the time. I loved seeing those industrial areas of different Star Wars worlds. The speed was nuts, but never as consistent as F-Zero was. That was wild. That was pure adrenalin. I think it was the first racer to run at 60fps. The graphics were simple, but they had to be. Still though, I liked the colours and style!
captain-falcon-show-me-your-moves.gif

And thnx man! Come to think of it, I think we played Smackdown 2 on my PS2. I only remember now because we couldn't use the multitap accessory, so it was a pain to unplug controllers and memory cards. Any of you guys ever use that? I'm a quarterback, and my football team could play Madden with up to 8 players local, how insane was that. We'd use it to practice audibles.

Back to the N64, I think the first time I ever saw it in action was at the arcade part of a movie theater. They were only demoing Mario 64, but it was mind blowing.

All of the ones i have at least. Recently played Hybrid Heaven, Fighting Force 64, Gex 64 and Castlevania and all of them were excellent.

Pilotwings 64 and Wave Race 64. I guess F-Zero X too?

They hold up well, if you’re a graphics mark then they don’t.

Daughter got Star Fox for her 3DS and that seemed to hold up really well.

They hold up well, if you’re a graphics mark then they don’t.
Eh a lot were still trying to figure out how to operate in a 3D environment. Some did it much better than others lol.

Eh a lot were still trying to figure out how to operate in a 3D environment. Some did it much better than others lol.
Like with any system there are a plethora of poorly executed games. The good ones are always going to be good. They’re still fun. I’d argue that now there are even more half assed and poorly executed games. But he’s the bad games are gonna be dog shit.

Wave Race 64 and Cruisin USA are still fun to play for the nostalgia
Wave Race 64 was incredible at the time. I remember going over to my friends house to play it was completely blown away by the graphics. Haven't played it since though.

I have the n64 pack on switch and tbh I can't get passed the graphics. I thought I'd love Banjo Kazooie but I can't even play it.

Like with any system there are a plethora of poorly executed games. The good ones are always going to be good. They’re still fun. I’d argue that now there are even more half assed and poorly executed games. But he’s the bad games are gonna be dog shit.

It's more the controls that have evolved, which hurts a lot of older games that were once fine when we didn't know any better. Even the very best 3D games on the N64, still have issues from simply not having a second analog stick with full 360 degree control of the camera. It's manageable at best.

It's more the controls that have evolved, which hurts a lot of older games that were once fine when we didn't know any better. Even the very best 3D games on the N64, still have issues from simply not having a second analog stick with full 360 degree control of the camera. It's manageable at best.

Nope, jet force Gemini, OoT, banjo kazooie, goemon, etc are all perfectly fine.

Rogue Squadron is still a great arcadey flyer, Star Fox too, though the cutscenes can be tiresome. Perfect Dark is still a pretty damn good shooter, any of the Mario sports games. Super Mario 64 is still a top-5 platformer, probably both Banjos as well. Harvest Moon 64 was pretty amazing considering how old it was. Ogre Battle 64 was a classic, though it much better on an emulator with the speed turned up.

Back