How much more weight can a person bench using arch?

Well you would know about powerlifting more than I... but don't most powerlifters grip wider to maximize the amount of weight they can put up?

I know the benefits of gripping wider and narrower for bodybuilding as working specific muscles more or less is more important that putting up max weight on every set.

Nope. It's generally a process of trial and error to find out which grip is strongest for you. I would say the vast majority of powerlifters will use different grips in training to address weaknesses, but where you grip in meets is personal preference and it's not always "wider is better."

Johnny Candito just posted a video on this topic about two weeks ago. Starts to discuss grip width specifically at 2:43 and features Sean Noriega, a top 2 national lifter at 83kg.

Arching your back and reducing the range of motion? Of course it's going to help. Just like gripping wider and reducing the range of motion that way.
Its not that simple.

Johnny Candito just posted a video on this topic about two weeks ago. Starts to discuss grip width specifically at 2:43 and features Sean Noriega, a top 2 national lifter at 83kg.

He should be set up to take sole claim of the 83 national bench record at the Strength Classic later this month. Sean is the best example of someone getting the most out of their flexibility and leverages under the current rules set. I like the idea of having the grip width limited, I wonder how they would police the finger placement. Maybe they could implement bars with dual rings, like the WL/PL rings on many training bars. A lightweight and maybe female/teen ring and a heavyweight ring.

I got no idea but I just saw Maddox bench 350kg and I can't think of anything else.

This one was just posted. Speaking of extreme arches.

Nope. It's generally a process of trial and error to find out which grip is strongest for you. I would say the vast majority of powerlifters will use different grips in training to address weaknesses, but where you grip in meets is personal preference and it's not always "wider is better."

Wrong. Can't fight physics. Shorter bar path will always lead to more pounds on the bar. Whoever is strong narrow will be stronger wider. JM says it himself in this video.

Wrong. Can't fight physics. Shorter bar path will always lead to more pounds on the bar. Whoever is strong narrow will be stronger wider. .

You don't think there's an outside range of debilitation? Going too wide and losing your push strength from you hands being too far from center?

Wide out push ups are harder than natural stance. Or maybe that's just muscle endurance

You don't think there's an outside range of debilitation? Going too wide and losing your push strength from you hands being too far from center?

Wide out push ups are harder than natural stance. Or maybe that's just muscle endurance
He’s trolling and/or doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

He’s trolling and/or doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
lol, good to know. I'm down for the random trolling but sometimes just lurk for curiosity of doing shit the wrong way.

Doing bench, I'll start neutral and work outwards each set then back in. Def can't push as much with hands at width.

it did nothing for me and that was alongside 5 months work with two solid powerlifters who LOVE it.
Being tall and shoulder wide meant that a 2inch bridge at my lower back was all I needed to fully brace and get "leg drive" but even that is limited to some extent by pure body size. Sarichev imo is the most beautiful bencher, if no longer the strongest.

Having a straighter, flatter bench helped me have a more consistently strong bench. More to do tricep involvement than pure chest.

Back