How much protein do you eat?

For optimum muscle healin . I couldn't be more correct. 20gs is all your body can metabolize in a 4 hour period. All extra isnt used so you need to keep it coming
Can you post some (credible) sources to back up your assertions? That should be pretty straightforward if they're "facts".

I mean I could for sure. But if you dont want to believe me. That's on you. I promise you. Its credible
I'd very much like you too. It's not a matter of 'belief'; I don't know you and even if I did, I'd still want to know where you were getting your information from. I appreciate you said earlier where you learned this; however, anything as fundamental will be backed up by multiple, peer reviewed studies. I'm pretty good on this stuff and I certainly haven't seen much evidence which supports your viewpoint; as such, I'd very keen to read any papers/studies etc. which do.
To be clear I've no interest in pointing out that you're wrong for the sake of it; I am however very interested in what is and isn't 'true'.

Ok I'll have info for you. You wanted it about the protein synthesis?

Your "facts" regarding eating only 20g of protein every 4 hours(which is only 120g per day, still pretty low if you've got a heavy workload depending on how much lean mass you've got) are what's in question right now. Show us the research that confirms that "fact".

Ok I'll have info for you. You wanted it about the protein synthesis?
You need [to eat] 20gs of protein every 4 hours.
20gs is all your body can metabolize in a 4 hour period. All extra isnt used so you need to keep it coming.
Protein and water intake. Are key.
20g of protein every 4 hours woke.

^corroborating evidence for these would be great (obviously I added the "[to eat]" myself). Thank you.

Last edited:
Look dude you are asking me for peer reviews, gtfo
This training shit is not cut n dry. Years of experience goes into this shit. Everybody thinks they know the way. I've worked out my whole life. I have won contests for strength and physique. I have trained people thru word of mouth clientele
I learned alot of my facts thru multiple personal trainer programs but I do my research. I have college degrees.
But here. This is a little article. To hopefully give you an idea. https://www.nfpt.com/blog/important-hypertrophy-protein-total-calories

Yeah, I'm asking you to confirm your reality with science, why is that so hard? If you've got college degrees and all of this knowledge, you should give a big fuck about where it's coming from. You should be able to cite that information, digest it, and relay that information in a competent manner. So far you haven't been able to do so. "Trust me, I'm a guy who has done these things" doesn't really cut it.

You want me to read an article that cites the Huffington Post and Livestrong as a source? Oh brother....You're digging a hole you may never climb out of.

Last edited:
Do you act this way with anyone that has ever tried to help. You sound like a hypochondriac

Yeah, I'm asking you to confirm your reality with science, why is that so hard? If you've got college degrees and all of this knowledge, you should give a big fuck about where it's coming from. You should be able to cite that information, digest it, and relay that information in a competent manner. So far you haven't been able to do so. "Trust me, I'm a guy who has done these things" doesn't really cut it.

You want me to read an article that cites the Huffington Post and Livestrong as a source? Oh brother....You're digging a hole you may never climb out of.
Lmao.. my reality with science ..oh dear god
No. Not too much to ask at all sir. Allow me to demonstrate my scientific approach with common sense and wise advice. Bye now

I'll find more info for you.

These are just My techniques. That yield good results.
I'm digging no such hole pal. What I sent you is a decent source for what you are asking. Which do you realize what you are asking?
You just want to feel me out? Oh I c.
Alot of this is info that i have known to be legit for years
I surround myself with people I trust and trust me. I trust my instincts. You have no idea
In the real deal buddy when it comes to anything I put out for people to use.

Who are you. What makes you feel justified in what you say? I dont care. Bc all I've got from you is trouble. Sound about right. ?

Sounds like you're running a cult/hug box/echo chamber. I see you edited your original post to remove that homosexual pejorative you attempted to use. You already earned a piss belt from the mods in less than a week, a double piss belt or ban aren't far away.

I'm justified by my curiosity. You still haven't qualified your statements. Just post one piece of real research to back up your claims. No one should be accepting of crappy articles written by some random lady who thinks huffpo and livestrong are credible references. We're only asking for proof.

Sounds like you're running a cult/hug box/echo chamber. I see you edited your original post to remove that homosexual pejorative you attempted to use. You already earned a piss belt from the mods in less than a week, a double piss belt or ban aren't far away.

I'm justified by my curiosity. You still haven't qualified your statements. Just post one piece of real research to back up your claims. No one should be accepting of crappy articles written by some random lady who thinks huffpo and livestrong are credible references. We're only asking for proof.

What do you want to know specifically friend. I'll do my best.
But you are asking me some ridiculous stuff rn. Be real. What's up

Already stated previously in this thread, in fact on this very page. Reread post #65 and #66.

I'll tell you rn people.
20gs of protein about every 4 hours during intense training is your best bet for recovery. And at the same time it keeps ones metabolism moving which will help with fat loss.
The body can only breakdown roughly 20g every 3 to 4 hours. Somewhere around there.
You want to keep your protein available for your muscles and save money at the same time. Bc your body doesnt use the extra. 20 is all you need. You dont have to believe me. I'm just giving advice. Try it. The next time you workout hard opposed to what you have been doing try this. . I would imagine that you will be sore less. And also stronger faster. But reps and technique is important to. You just have to trust yourself and if something sounds legit to you. Try it.

I'll tell you rn people.
20gs of protein about every 4 hours during intense training is your best bet for recovery. And at the same time it keeps ones metabolism moving which will help with fat loss.
The body can only breakdown roughly 20g every 3 to 4 hours. Somewhere around there.
You want to keep your protein available for your muscles and save money at the same time. Bc your body doesnt use the extra. 20 is all you need. You dont have to believe me. I'm just giving advice. Try it. The next time you workout hard opposed to what you have been doing try this. . I would imagine that you will be sore less. And also stronger faster. But reps and technique is important to. You just have to trust yourself and if something sounds legit to you. Try it.
A (related) question for you: how long (approximately) do you estimate an 8oz steak takes to digest?

A (related) question for you: how long (approximately) do you estimate an 8oz steak takes to digest?
That depends on the habits of the individual. How tip top you got your motor running. To fully digest or shit out. Or just enough for nutrient distribution?
Depends what digestion means but in my truth. The answer is 3 hours.
Could be more like 1-6
To get the full benefits of the entire steak could possibly take a split second to a full day depending on what you desire. Or longer
To clear your stomach of it could take a few hours. to get protein which would be made and reciever directly could be a few hours to like 5 or 6 maybe
To answer your question is quite crazy to be honest. I would have to be an arrogant and simple minded dumb ass to assert I knew the full exact answer to that question

That depends on the habits of the individual. How tip top you got your motor running. To fully digest or shit out. Or just enough for nutrient distribution?
Depends what digestion means but in my truth. The answer is 3 hours.
Could be more like 1-6
To get the full benefits of the entire steak could possibly take a split second to a full day depending on what you desire. Or longer
To clear your stomach of it could take a few hours. to get protein which would be made and reciever directly could be a few hours to like 5 or 6 maybe
To answer your question is quite crazy to be honest. I would have to be an arrogant and simple minded dumb ass to assert I knew the full exact answer to that question
It typically takes two or three days to fully digest meat and fish. This means that simply eating a balanced, omnivorous diet which includes sufficient protein will ensure pretty constant availability of amino acids for protein synthesis.

It typically takes two or three days to fully digest meat and fish. This means that simply eating a balanced, omnivorous diet which includes sufficient protein will ensure pretty constant availability of amino acids for protein synthesis.
Thanks for the contribution

Bro I eat 220 g of protein per day easily and that’s light work you feel me? That’s not even including days when I eat multiple steaks bro. But an average day? Damn right it’s steaks, chicken, beef, protein bars, protein powder, you already know what it is. Real alpha shit. Get your proteins in, none of this vegan BS.

Last edited:
I'll tell you rn people.

https://www.surgeryjournal.co.uk/article/S0263-9319(09)00062-3/fulltext

" Protien is fully absorbed by the body"

Some studies show that the body only needs 20 grams of protein per meal. Not because that's what can only be absorbed but because that's is what is needed.

The logic is there but limiting protien to 20 per sitting isn't needed. What is " needed " is relative to the person. Someone who weights 350 will need more protien than me at 178. It's not a one size fits all. It also is based on age, and what muscle groups you are working.

Last edited:
https://www.surgeryjournal.co.uk/article/S0263-9319(09)00062-3/fulltext

" Protien is fully absorbed by the body"

Some studies show that the body only needs 20 grams of protein per meal. Not because that's what can only be absorbed but because that's is what is needed.

The logic is there but limiting protien to 20 per sitting isn't needed. What is " needed is relative to the person. Someone who weights 350 will need more protien than me at 178. It's not a one size fits all. It also is based on age, and what muscle groups you are working.
Ah. I see..I could see that but I would also argue that we need 20g for a number of reasons. including Absorption. Which could be used as a broad term meaning breakdown and distribution especially when you say "protein absorption " bc that could very well mean actual muscle repair after the muscle completely absorbs the protein actually becoming the new muscle

Ah. I see..I could see that but I would also argue that we need 20g for a number of reasons. including Absorption. Which could be used as a broad term meaning breakdown and distribution especially when you say "protein absorption " bc that could very well mean actual muscle repair after the muscle completely absorbs the protein actually becoming the new muscle
My point is that that it shouldn't be limited to 20.

Also meal timing isnt really a thing. Get your protien as it fits into your diet. Your body can absorb infinite amounts of protien just depends on what you "need" in the moment

Back