Movies How often do you watch films?

Almost everyday. I have netflix and a decent bluray collection that I can go through. Though pandemic meant less decent movies to watch, I start to dab into mini-series.

Only really watch to spend time with loved ones or go back and watch movies everyone else has ready seen.

Eg. Just watched Suicide Squad last night (Margot Robbie, Will Smith....) for the first time.

In summer, I only watch if it's been raining for a couple of days. In autumn and winter I watch A LOT. 3-4 per day.

/Tarkovsky

What's up Aronized.

It's nosedived as of late. The return on watching anything new that I don't have to is pretty low on the average. I'm enjoying making recommendations of old stuff when asked more than watching really mediocre new stuff for the most part.

I've been trying to watch The Quiet Place 2 since it came out and just can't seem to get round to it. I don't watch many films.
I watch a shed load of cooking competitions and survival shows.

What's up Aronized.

It's nosedived as of late. The return on watching anything new that I don't have to is pretty low on the average. I'm enjoying making recommendations of old stuff when asked more than watching really mediocre new stuff for the most part.

Yeah, I am not in a rush either of seeing anything tbh. I guess sometime a break can be good

During the Olympics I have taken a break from Film and TV. I do think TV has taken over the mantle for quality viewing the last few years. The Movies were dominated by Marvel or SJW stuff, while streaming services have been putting out incredible TV....with instant gratification, binge worthy.
Also in the summer I tend to watch way less, but in the winter I will watch a few films a week and really look forward to it. When in doubt Ill put on Amazon and watch classics. Sherlock Holmes, Vincent Price, Casablanca types, Hitchock, Noir, campy horror.

Really though I tend to view quality series as closer to cinema than the kind of casual TV viewing of the past, I'v found I barely do any of the latter anymore in favour of net surfing. If I'm watching something then its something I actually care about not something vaguely interesting in the background.

Really though I tend to view quality series as closer to cinema than the kind of casual TV viewing of the past, I'v found I barely do any of the latter anymore in favour of net surfing. If I'm watching something then its something I actually care about not something vaguely interesting in the background.
True, Sitcoms are dead. The shows out now are must watch if you are into them. My Daughter and her friends treated Outer Banks like it was a huge movie opening. They havent been to the movies in 2 years.

I go to the movie theater several times a month, went and saw Jungle Cruise on Monday, fun film

Same. I haven't seen jungle Cruise yet, but I have seen Black Widow and The Green Knight. Both great movies.

Back