How short are your shorts?

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
I was investing in shorter and shorter shorts because it's fucking hot here at the moment, 32'C.

I realised I have a home gym so I can lift weights naked!! I feel like a Greek God all shiny and stuff.

If I was to buy short shorts for lifting in a commercial gym does anyone have any advice on brands etc?

I buy the cheapest cotton ones and cut them bitches under the pocket.

Will check for name brand on public friendly 7 inch shorts recently got off Amazon

I was investing in shorter and shorter shorts because it's fucking hot here at the moment, 32'C.

I realised I have a home gym so I can lift weights naked!! I feel like a Greek God all shiny and stuff.

If I was to buy short shorts for lifting in a commercial gym does anyone have any advice on brands etc?

I have this style in Champion and Russell Athletic but generic style nylon running shorts like these are my recommendation. Feels like silk against your skin and there's a thin nylon liner (like swim trunks but smoother and more comfortable) so your frank and beans won't be flopping out and visible despite them being very short. Also great to sleep in as PJs. If you want comfort in the heat, stay away from cotton - it retains sweat and moisture and gets funky. Synthetics like nylon, polyester and the various types of microfiber wick sweat, dry faster and can still be comfortable when wet.

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
All In Motion woven stretch shorts. Looks like they put zippers on pockets now , musta came from Target
86% Nylon 14% spandex

They stretch with every movement, even kicks. Dries fast with the quick wick

I refreshed my gym stuff last Summer and basically live in Old Navy Active shorts since I've been working from home. I think they are 9 inch in-seams. I'm 6 feet tall so they land a bit above my knee. Light and comfortable.

I prefer 7" over 9" inseam. I don't like feeling the shorts catching my knees while squatting or having to roll them up.

I also prefer shorts with significant stretch over MMA fabric style shorts. I've ripped a couple of those during deep squatting, but none of the stretchy ones. Also, make sure they have pockets. Brand doesn't really matter in my experience, I buy whichever cheap ones I can find in TJMAXX, Modell's or similar outlet store. I've owned some of these and they're OK:

https://amzn.to/3xW6NiY

As my legs grow, I go shorter. Right now I'm comfortable in 5-6"

Just above knee.
I'm not sure of the material, but I need something I can run in and squat in, so cheap and stretchy/clingy both like and unlike a recently broken in virgin.
I have ripped the arse out of shorts that don't stretch well enough and also got some really painful chaffing from shorts that are too loose.

Fuck shorts for lifting, I wear leggings. Fuck yeah.

For Muay Thai, I roll the shorts up as far as I can. If your shorts aren't rolled over at least 20 times, it's not real Muay Thai.

Not as short as your mom's

Fuck shorts for lifting, I wear leggings. Fuck yeah.

For Muay Thai, I roll the shorts up as far as I can. If your shorts aren't rolled over at least 20 times, it's not real Muay Thai.

Thai shorts have to have mushroom tip peeking out

Happy year rehash, cuz it's hot again.

3 failed attempts at different brands , nothing like advertised. Finally found short shorts that check the boxes. Closer to 5 inch, soft & stretchy, quick dry, no zippers , pockets, and elastic around thigh band so when you hike them up they stay. Will be getting a few.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QHN2TSV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

only Con, if pressed for one, the pockets come out after jumping around a bit. So you have elephant face

It depends. If I am outside I don't go too short. If I have to wear short shorts. I must use compression underwear.

I lift at home

I wear grappling shorts if I'm wearing shorts

If I deadlift, I wear pants, cause I'm contacting my shin with the bar

Back