Law How should the Federal Government handle the unvaccinated?

How should the Federal Government handle the unvaccinated?

• Total voters
What are your thoughts on how the unvaccinated should be handled by the federal government, considering the media is doing everything in their power to blame the unvaccinated for the Delta variant.

Im curious to see what everyone thinks.

Government shouldn't "handle" them at all . . . everyone else should just shut up and live their lives.

I don't know. I think anti Vax people are retarded as fuck and I wish them nothing but the worst

But I don't like the fed Government mandating vaccines very much I also must admit.

You do realize that everyone choosing to not get this particular vaccination (right now) isn't "anti-vax" . . . don't you?

Interment camps. They don’t want to be participating members of society so lock em up.

You mean they don't want to participate exactly like you want them to . . . .

I don't wish them the best because I hate stupid people and one of my greatest wishes is that stupidity hurt. I've felt this way before covid and will likely still have the same wish after it as well.

If you hate "stupid people" why spew such stupid garbage on here? This isn't a black/white issue. There is a gray area where many folks are currently. Some waiting for more information and others physically can't get the vaccination.

Now, if you want classify folks who push this as some big hoax as being stupid then knock yourself out . . . . but everyone not immediately getting this vaccination is stupid.

Bad poll.

Government should be allowed to mandate all govt facilities and workers be vaccinated and private businesses must follow local distancing and mask laws.

The vaccination isn't the only means of protection for federal workers. The fact that I'm vaccinated and currently sitting at my desk in a government facility limited to 25% capacity and closed to the public, but still expected to mask up when I leave my office and go to a public area in the building where 90% of the staff is vaccinated is pathetic.

Reactions: J_C
I don't wish them the best because I hate stupid people and one of my greatest wishes is that stupidity hurt. I've felt this way before covid and will likely still have the same wish after it as well.

But what if you're wrong?

This strange standard you put forward only works if you assume you're correct. Since we're all working with unknowns, you have no way of knowing that.

What you're calling "stupidity" can simply be a different perspective that you're unable to imagine.

How real we want to get in discussing this topic cause to be honest I honestly don't give a fuck what a fellow citizen or my government thinks its entitled to know or mandate about my personal health. I've been vaccinated but that was MY choice and mine alone. We've seen an appalling disregard for personal freedoms and increasing dehumanization of those in opposition to a point where I'm seriously becoming ambivalent to the idea of the country fracturing, the government being overthrown or some other ultimately pyrrhic measure to remind people they are not entitled to demand jack shit regarding their neighbors personal health decisions whether they agree with those decisions or not. Nor can they just decide to silence discourse they dislike or decide they can deny services to those with differing political, health or social opinions.

Any doubt as to the vaccines is not solely on the shoulders of opposition media or hysterical anti-vax nutters. It's equally upon the government and health officials that have shot themselves in the foot with contradictory messaging and outright fabrications combined with knee-jerk reactions aimed at containment. It's with a growing list of potential side-effects from a rushed vaccination without proper clinical trials. It's with new questions on its efficacy to stop viral spread. It's about continued efforts by government and media collusion to silence any and all questioning. It makes the politicians and science seem untrustworthy and their motives suspect.

Not China/Yep, China. Not Lab Leak/Probably Lab Leak. No Spread/Still Spread. Don't need mask/Need mask/Don't need mask/Need mask again. This protest not spreader event/That protest spreader event. Test for Covid / Test unable to differentiate between Covid or Flu. etc and so on.

The vaccination isn't the only means of protection for federal workers. The fact that I'm vaccinated and currently sitting at my desk in a government facility limited to 25% capacity and closed to the public, but still expected to mask up when I leave my office and go to a public area in the building where 90% of the staff is vaccinated is pathetic.
Cool story?

what about for the military and federal employees? (Mandate.)

The military owns your body they can put whatever they want in it.

They already give you dozens of vaccines just for joining up and you'll get even more if you actually deploy overseas.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepa...h-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions
At this time, there are limited data to address whether the vaccine can prevent transmission of the virus from person to person. In addition, at this time data are not available to determine how long the vaccine will provide protection.

The fact that this discussion is even happening before the question as to how well the vaccines prevent transmission or how long they last shows just how much power the pharma lobbying firms have.

The simple facts are that the daily deaths for July were the lowest they were since the very beginning of the pandemic in March 2020. The pandemic is over.

Why do vaccine zealots keep trying to make this about racist Drumpf supporters, when the MAJORITY of vaccine hesitant folks are black and other minorities??
I didnt say anything about racist.
I'm not even sure if we have good numbers on which groups arent getting the shot but it's right wing cters who are the loudest about not getting it.

At this point I'd still like to allow states to decide. However I can see why people are getting frustrated as much of the resistance is based on political leanings. I frequently see posters in these boards who mostly claim to be serious right wingers high fiving and liking posts from CTers even though they are repeatedly debunked in embossing fashion. I'm going to be annoyed as fuck if my kids have to wear masks at school because some idiot with a "Trump won" sign in his yard keeps blabbing on about "injecting microchips" or "vaccine sterilization" .

Your kid has to wear masks at school because the fascists you elected told them to. The idiot with the "Trump won" sign in his yard is never going to tell your kid to wear a mask.

I didnt say anything about racist.
I'm not even sure if we have good numbers on which groups arent getting the shot but it's right wing cters who are the loudest about not getting it.
Sure we have good numbers, and they say that minorities are less likely to get vaccinated...

Black Americans Report High Levels of Vaccine Hesitancy, Including Among Health Care Workers

“Black Americans attribute their medical mistrust, in general and specific to COVID-19 vaccines, to systemic racism, including discrimination and mistreatment in health care, as well as by the government.

Overall, more than one-third of all survey participants agreed or strongly agreed that they would not get a COVID-19 vaccine, and an additional 25% said they “don't know” if they would become vaccinated.”
https://www.rand.org/news/press/2021/03/01.html

Here are a couple of silly PHD guys…
https://ocla.ca/a-letter-to-the-unvaccinated/

Angela Durante is a nurse

Denis Rancourt was a physicist

Claus Rinner is a professor of geography and environmental science

Laurent Leduc is a retired ethics professor

Donald Welsh is a biophysics and physiology professor

John Zwaagstra does agriculture research

Jan Vrbik is a mathematician

Valentina Capurri is a historian and actual critical race theorist.

None of these people are medical doctors and none of them are epidemiologists, immunologist, or virologists. Their doctorates mean nothing in this context. Worst of all, they're all Canadian.

Very silly, indeed.

oQbwAKX.jpg

Just to add some perspective to how bad the fear mongering is right now. Red line is our current daily deaths. Daily deaths are lower now than they have been almost the entire pandemic. Yet restrictions are ramping up harsher than ever. If you weren't in favor of forcefully vaccinating people last March, there is zero reason for you to be now.

Back