How To Never Get Your BJJ Guard Passed by Xande Ribeiro

Is it me or does it seem like it is formatted out of order?
The techniques seem money though. Retention and escapes are a weak part of my game and I’m confident this Instructional will help.

The 19 min teaser might be out of order but I took notes and have tried everything in class. Haven't gone through all the hour and half seminar yet but from what I've watched and processed, looks great too.

Retention and recomposes are the weakest part of my game as well - I especially like that he shows a lot of technique from butterfly and half, the two guards I use the most.

Thank´s, I love to see that no super fancy BJJ is still alive.

The 19 min teaser might be out of order but I took notes and have tried everything in class. Haven't gone through all the hour and half seminar yet but from what I've watched and processed, looks great too.

Retention and recomposes are the weakest part of my game as well - I especially like that he shows a lot of technique from butterfly and half, the two guards I use the most.

I was referring to the actual instructional on BJJ Fanatics.

I was referring to the actual instructional on BJJ Fanatics.

I haven't seen the paid video. In your opinion is it worth the $77? Anything that isn't already covered elsewhere?

I have no problem paying for videos if it meaningfully improves my game but I've had decent success so far with youtube vids by Danaher, Zahabi, Marcelo, Chewjitsu, Osiander, Kesting, et al. Probably a third of new stuff I've tried out ends up working for me and I incorporate into my game.

Last edited:
In the video he said that the last time his guard was passed was 2005. Would that be his match with Marcelo at adcc?
IIRC he didn't get passed by Marcelo. He used his guard to set up a single or something then ended up in marcelos guard, then lost his back.

I'm trying to find the match where Roger passed his guard. Hot damn they had some good matches so far.

Any time I start to think I know a little Jiu-Jitsu I just watch Roger and then I STFU.

What he did to guys like Bernardo was astounding

I'm trying to find the match where Roger passed his guard. Hot damn they had some good matches so far.

Any time I start to think I know a little Jiu-Jitsu I just watch Roger and then I STFU.

What he did to guys like Bernardo was astounding
or all those years off to come back and pretty much nullify then destroy Buchecha

or all those years off to come back and pretty much nullify then destroy Buchecha

Yeah. My coach is a couple years older than buchecha, they went all the way up to brown belt together, so we were rooting for buchecha bit holy smokes, non-staph Roger made him look like he's in a different class. Only time Buchecha ever got flat out outclassed

38od5l.jpg

If anyone hasn't tried Roger's online site it's worth at least a month. His technique is incredible.

I am a huge Roger fan and still couldn't believe what I was seeing in that Buchecha match. Even when Roger had his back with the choke sunk, I was just thinking "how is Buchecha going to escape this?". Literally anyone else who Roger had in that position I would have said "he's done", that thought didn't enter my mind until Buchecha tapped. What Roger did seemed impossible.

If anyone hasn't tried Roger's online site it's worth at least a month. His technique is incredible.

I am a huge Roger fan and still couldn't believe what I was seeing in that Buchecha match. Even when Roger had his back with the choke sunk, I was just thinking "how is Buchecha going to escape this?". Literally anyone else who Roger had in that position I would have said "he's done", that thought didn't enter my mind until Buchecha tapped. What Roger did seemed impossible.
I've been debating it - I'm just not training as much so I'm going to wait till things sort out before I do that (some health issues).

Back