Opinion How to pay for Medicare 4 all

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People want to make this really complicated, when in fact it is very simple.

We already pay more for HC than anyone.

The money is already being spent.

The only question is how would the government go about collecting the money that is already going to the HC industry.

Does everyone understand this?

Do people actually understand that whether co-pays, deductibles, employer payments, that all of this is already being paid for?

That no more money actually needs to be paid for Medicare 4 All.

Discuss......

So govt will run healthcare at as least as efficiently as private industry? I'll gladly pay the profit tax of 10% just keep the government out of it.

I don't trust OUR Government not to squander the money, use it for other things, underpay Doctors and Nurses, reduce benefits, raise taxes on the MC, lower the quality of care and increase the wait times. Other than that I think they'd do a bang up job. :p

So govt will run healthcare at as least as efficiently as private industry? I'll gladly pay the profit tax of 10% just keep the government out of it.

Why?

The HC industry is not accountable to you or me.

They are robber barons.

Atleast you can vote the politicians out for their performance. All of your concerns are already happening, and prices are skyrocketing.

The board of Kiaser keeps their job no matter how shitty they are at it. No matter how many people they kill for profit.

Your grandma certainly doesn't seem to mind Medicare.

I don't trust OUR Government not to squander the money, use it for other things, underpay Doctors and Nurses, reduce benefits, raise taxes on the MC, lower the quality of care and increase the wait times. Other than that I think they'd do a bang up job. :p

So all the things that our private system is already doing?

You remember when you actually got to see a doctor instead of a nurse, and it was cheaper?

It was for me. By a mile. Self employed people in the middle class got absolutely FUCKED by Obamacare.

My costs have quadrupled and my decuctibles are $12k for almost no coverage. I basically get to pay for other people's kids to have insurance and my own go without. I basically am paying cash for my entire family. You really think I trust OUR fucked up Govt. to take over the whole thing? Not in this lifetime... :p

Defeatist, loser, coward mentality

It was for me. By a mile. Self employed people in the middle class got absolutely FUCKED by Obamacare.

My costs have quadrupled and my decuctibles are $12k for almost no coverage. I basically get to pay for other people's kids to have insurance and my own go without. I basically am paying cash for my entire family. You really think I trust OUR fucked up Govt. to take over the whole thing? Not in this lifetime... :p

I don't agree but I can certainly understand this attitude.

That has been going on for decades.

That is the problem.

The government literally can not do a worse job.

In 1980 we spent 10% of GDP on HC. We now pay 17% GDP. That is almost 3 Trillion dollars a year more.

We could pay off the entire US debt in 7 years with the rise in HC costs beyond inflation.

I wonder why US cannot have the healthcare system like in most European countries. Part of your deductibles goes towards basic healthcare to meet most people needs, and thats it. Somehow this system was functioning for years and is still doing well.

It meets your basic needs. Be it flu to get prescriptions, fractures, cuts, diabetes or other long term conditions that needs medication, cancer, all sorted.

Sure, if you have some serious condition that require surgeries, open heart or whatever then perhaps it would be wise to have private insurance but then again its optional.

US healthcare premiums is like paying for a whole loaf of bread when you only need a slice.

That has been going on for decades.

That is the problem.

The government literally can not do a worse job.

In 1980 we spent 10% of GDP on HC. We now pay 17% GDP. That is almost 3 Trillion dollars a year more.

We could pay off the entire US debt in 7 years with the rise in HC costs beyond inflation.
You can site stats all day long, but the reality for myself and my family is that our Healthcare was just fine before the Govt. touched it. My Insurance rates were very reasonable and I was very happy with the choices and the Care. Now it's fucked beyond recognition. Not trying to be a Dick, but most of you guys have no idea how screwed you'd be if you didn't have your employers paying for most of your HC.

<Fedor23>

Yeah, they can. Government is a powerful and useful tool. It is inherently inefficient.

The HC industry is Stalin, to the government's Hitler.

Hitler gets the headlines, but the numbers don't lie.

I dare you to show me a failure the government has on the scale of wasting 7% of GDP.

Come on now, you are smart. You know that flushing away 3 Trillion dollars a year is waste and graft on a level the government has wet dreams about.

The Pentagon wishes it could commit 3 Trillion dollars of fraud a year.

You can site stats all day long, but the reality for myself and my family is that our Healthcare was just fine before the Govt. touched it. My Insurance rates were very reasonable and I was very happy with the choices and the Care. Now it's fucked beyond recognition. Not trying to be a Dick, but most of you guys have no idea how screwed you'd be if you didn't have your employers paying for most of your HC.

<Fedor23>

How old are you?

How would you know what has been lost since 1980, if you aren't 60 years old?

We all know the answer is that, sooner or later, the middle class will foot the bill like they always have.

<Fedor23>
Said the same for years. I had excellent health insurance pre ACA. Now I basically have calamity insurance. Lost my prescription coverage. Co pays went way up. We went from the "gold" plan to the "silver" plan etc etc etc.

Why?

The HC industry is not accountable to you or me.

They are robber barons.

Atleast you can vote the politicians out for their performance. All of your concerns are already happening, and prices are skyrocketing.

The board of Kiaser keeps their job no matter how shitty they are at it. No matter how many people they kill for profit.

Your grandma certainly doesn't seem to mind Medicare.
The government will surely keep costs stable and affordable . Thats what they're known for.

Back