How would an Uber McGregor or Uber Khabib do in the HW division?

Shut up you absolute fool. He's fought two guys who've spent the majority of their careers at 155 that would not be anything like a threat to Khabib. You think Khabib is scared of the likes of Donald "I quit in big fights" Cerrone and Nate "I can't wrestle" Diaz?

Cowboy beat some legit good 170ers and has fought 13 out of his last 16 fights at 170 so you can't just dismiss him as a 55er fighting at 170 for Conor's benefit. And given that Khabib pulled out against Cowboy its pretty obvious that Khabib feared Cowboy, maybe at 55 Khabib wins but @170 I'd favour Cowboy to beat Khabib. And according to Nate (who I've no reason to doubt) he slapped Khabib and Khabib did absolutely nothing so I think he fears Nate too.

2fb5bf13f3d5eaad79a8eb92c3c44eba.jpg
Looks inefficient

Probably be some of the smallest jacked people ever.

I'm wondering how well an ant would do after being hit by a magic ray that made it 230lbs. Ngannou wouldn't stand a chance.
Nah Ngannou would win easily all he has to do is move around and kick from distance.. Ant wouldn't be able to stand and breath properly since at that weight his frame wouldn't be able to support him.

Nah Ngannou would win easily all he has to do is move around and kick from distance.. Ant wouldn't be able to stand and breath properly since at that weight his frame wouldn't be able to support him.
Exactly. That was part of my point. Transforming lightweights to HW's would change everything, speed, gas tank, mobility. Its futile to think about.

I think the more important question, is how would DC do if you made him 6'4.

Better or worse?
I've always thought it BS that Cormier is supposedly a better MMA athlete with pudge. Maybe some can be beneficial to absorb body shots but his was excessive. If he had leaned up the right way, over a period of months, he could have been even better.

241 lb cain velasquez was a freak with endless cardio
hes the only guy i know who could do 5 rounds non stop pressure even carrying that weight
i dont think a 6 ft khabib or connor with that weight could last 3 rounds without gassing

Alistair Overeem was a skinny (but 6'5") 205 lber. He 'bulked up' to HW and came in as a monster: Ubereem.

7eGW.gif

There's this manlet guy, Conor McGregor. He looks like this:

041_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

There's this other manlet guy, Khabib. He looks like:

1601261638Khabib_Nurmagomedov.jpg

Both of these guys, being 145 lb and 155 lb manlets, are mere peons. But.. what if they bulked up like this fellow 5'10 guy:

ngalani_2.0.0.jpg

If you took a p4p #1 skillset like a 5'9 Conor or a 5'10 Khabib and trained them in the gym into uber versions of themselves.. how would they do in the HW division?

Khabib would do great, Conor would be like most HWs, win some by KO lose some by KO since, unlike Khabib, he doesn't actually have a "#1 P4P skill set".

241 lb cain velasquez was a freak with endless cardio
hes the only guy i know who could do 5 rounds non stop pressure even carrying that weight
i dont think a 6 ft khabib or connor with that weight could last 3 rounds without gassing
What about Werdum when he battered a gassed Cain in 3 rounds looking fresh as a Daisey?

If I recall correctly Cain only actually went 5 RDs twice with the majority of it being pressed up against the cage leaning on JDS so I'm not so sure about your assessment. Stipe/ DC fought the full 5 at a higher pace in a more competitive fight and didn't look terrible and Stipe also went 5 with Francis in a more grueling fight and looked just fine in that one too.

Khabib would do great, Conor would be like most HWs, win some by KO lose some by KO since, unlike Khabib, he doesn't actually have a "#1 P4P skill set".

No way. Cain had excellent reach and much better boxing and still ate a lot. Khabib with his reach is manlet in HW.

I've always thought it BS that Cormier is supposedly a better MMA athlete with pudge. Maybe some can be beneficial to absorb body shots but his was excessive. If he had leaned up the right way, over a period of months, he could have been even better.
Definitely. Cornier with a diet is a MW.

He should have been much better than he was.

Back