How would Charles vs Khabib go?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
After the Islam fight? Do you think Khabib would have had an easier time or more difficultly? He lacks Islam's striking but I think he's a bit stronger than Islam and is far more relentless with his pressure. He also has a slightly better ground game.
Or do you think at this point, Khabib and Islam are entirely two different fighters in terms of styles and last night's fight wouldn't prove anything in regards to Khabib vs Charles?

Khabib would obviously have 0 reason to strike at all with him. We knew Charles was pretty easy to take down and Islam out grappled him pretty comfortably and Khabib is better at both of those things than Islam. Khabib probably just incapacitates him on the mat and throws punches to his face without ever being in danger of getting caught in a submission. Not sure he gets the finish cause Khabib is a pretty save fighter but overall its easy work for the GOAT in my opinion.

If Oliveira was that worried about Islam’s takedown, how worried do you think he’d be against the Khabib mystique? Charles would be on his back foot the entire time and that’s like blood to a shark for Khabib. It would be a demolition job.

Khabib would obviously have 0 reason to strike at all with him. We knew Charles was pretty easy to take down and Islam out grappled him pretty comfortably and Khabib is better at both of those things than Islam. Khabib probably just incapacitates him on the mat and throws punches to his face without ever being in danger of getting caught in a submission. Not sure he gets the finish cause Khabib is a pretty save fighter but overall its easy work for the GOAT in my opinion.
I love Charles but this ^^ is the likely outcome..

If Oliveira was that worried about Islam’s takedown, how worried do you think he’d be against the Khabib mystique? Charles would be on his back foot the entire time and that’s like blood to a shark for Khabib. It would be a demolition job.
Great point. Charles likely thought he had a chance to rock Islam as he was finished before. Khabib was pretty much untouchable and that would have left him a lot less confident and unwilling to pressure.

I'd favor Khabib, but Islam seems much more of a brute in there, you could just feel the flex in those clinches in that Ollie fight, that dude brings a lot of strength for his size on top of exceptional skills. He just broke Ollie in almost every way.

Khabib seemed more technical and cautious by comparison. And, yeah, he mostly beat up on former/future FW strikers trying to learn a whole new skill in one camp. That's why Islam is already ahead of Khabib for me in the LW GOAT ranks. Still, I think Khabib would probably decision Oliveira or sub him very late.

I'd favor Khabib, but Islam seems much more of a brute in there, you could just feel the flex in those clinches in that Ollie fight, that dude brings a lot of strength for his size on top of exceptional skills. He just broke Ollie in almost every way.

Khabib seemed more technical and cautious by comparison. And, yeah, he mostly beat up on former/future FW strikers trying to learn a whole new skill in one camp. That's why Islam is already ahead of Khabib for me in the LW GOAT ranks. Still, I think Khabib would probably decision Oliveira or sub him very late.
pretty much the opposite is true. Khabib is more brute, Islam is more technical.

pretty much the opposite is true. Khabib is more brute, Islam is more technical.
In this fight, Islam seemed very brute. A lot of what he did was just sheer over powering of poor Olives. Khabib never gambled on exhausting himself like that. Was more calculated and cautious. Even though he did run around like a windmill, unable to cut the corner for a lot of his fights which Ismak doesn't do.

Khabib would also take him down and submit him. However, I think Khabib likes the GnP a lot and he may throw in a few hammer fists to the face before he submits him. Khabib and his grew are on another level when it comes to grappling.

Khabib wouldn't be able to drop him standing, he doesn't have the reach and the skills to do it.
But he's stronger, with better chain wrestling than Islam, and able to apply insane pressure, so he would be constantly shooting for takedowns.

Given his chin, Oliveira wouldn't be able to rock him, so sooner or latter he would have been taken down and controlled.
Based on this fight, i don't think Khabib would be able to submit him at least in the earlier rounds, but he would be on top of him most of the time laying GnP.
Eventually, Charles would be too tired and would be submitted/referee would stop it, or it would go to scorecards for a 50-45 Khabib.

about the same tbh, last night looked like a khabib fight only Islam has better striking defense vs khabibs granite chin

Back