How would Cormier vs Prime Fedor go down?

He does not have an exceptional guard.... Tell me how does he set up his armbar? What sweeps does he use? How many sports Judo guys have a "great" guard? How many sambo guys are known for their "guard" work? You are claiming he is excels in that facet of grappling where his sport doesn't even focus in.
When Fedor was coming up, Sambo was considered a sport on the decline. Sambo was not considered a popular sport at that time. It took MMA's popularity to shine some light on it. Ask yourself why there are olympic Judo players winning medals in Sambo but no Sambo gold medalist making waves in olympic Judo?

Fedor himself was of course a pretty high level Judoka, coming 3rd n the Russian championships twice at a very young age definitely marks you out as a significant talent, it was actually him not getting his Master of Sports status/funding in Judo due to politics that caused him to shift to Sambo and then MMA and I suspect the former was always viewed as a path to the latter. Generally though Judoka don't tend to operate by prolonged guard fighting, they either go for subs like that armbar or they look to improve position quickly such as sweeping Nog and Randleman.

Again for me it wouldn't just be Fedor as a challenge for DC, most obviously I think Crocop and Nog would be massive tests for him as well.

lol

Jon Jones would finish the best version of Fedor in the first minute of the very first round.
Jon would break him down over 2 rounds. He would destroy him on the feet from range for 5, mainly attack the body, and hurt him similar to his he did Smith and DC and Rashad. In the second he tosses him like a bitxh from a single collar throw and elbows his head until fedor is twitching and leaking in a heap against the canvas. And I would burn my fucking house down if he didnt finish him over 25 minutes. And pride rules jon knees him in the skull from sprawl position or side control similar to the Coleman stopped Igor in the Grand Prix finale. @ me fuckers aint scared

Take on his response point for point instead of just calling him a Dope.

Fedor's career has been overrated for so long, his fans don't even try to explain it anymore..

Oh look, another dope.

I don;t need to explain 8 years as the number 1 HW.
Or no failed drug tests and dick pills LOL.

DC doesn't have nearly the same HW resume to speak of.

Won't even speak of Jones, who needs to cheat like a coward to beat washed up, smaller men for 95% of his career.

If Fedor's career is overated, DC's and Jone's careers are complete jokes.
Well, the latter's already is.

Last edited:
The problem is most of you only know this 44 yo version of Fedor who gets knocked out by the first jab. At the time period 2000-2009 the guy was unbeatable monster. Pure aggression. The first 3 dimensional fighter. You couldn't stop him, you'd slam him on the head, he'd still come after you to submit you. DC is obviously the better wrestler, but I feel like Fedor could take his head off standing. Fedor's hands were very fast powerful and precise and DC has been rocked several times.

Fedor fought all the reslers in Pride, but non comes to mind that's similar to DC to make the comparsion.

348_Daniel_Cormier_vs_Dan_Henderson.0.jpg

10_Fedor_Henderson_14.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DzQOFR7UwAACDxG.jpg

The problem is most of you only know this 44 yo version of Fedor who gets knocked out by the first jab. At the time period 2000-2009 the guy was unbeatable monster. Pure aggression. The first 3 dimensional fighter. You couldn't stop him, you'd slam him on the head, he'd still come after you to submit you. DC is obviously the better wrestler, but I feel like Fedor could take his head off standing. Fedor's hands were very fast powerful and precise and DC has been rocked several times.

Fedor fought all the reslers in Pride, but non comes to mind that's similar to DC to make the comparsion.

Honestly I think the old version of Fedor we've seen recently is actually a good argument against a lot of the criticism of the prime version. People have called him merely a brawler with limited defence but the latter day version shows us what that would actually look like so unless you really think Mitrone is more technically advanced than Crocop or Hunt then it doesn't really work.

Again for me I think a lot of DC's recent career has been about exploiting big weaknesses, Rumble, Lewis and Volkan all went down very easily when put on their backs and DC fighting in Pride simply wouldn't be facing many opponents he could beat like that, Hunt was weak I spose but even he has a lot more fight in him on the ground than those guys did. At the least I think he'd need to last out to decision wins against a lot of the big names.

This is a hard one, Fedor in his prime was submitting stone age wrestlers from Hammerhouse and strikers who didn't have a clue on the ground, I think DC is far better in the grappling department than anyone Fedor submitted and a better wrestler than the BJJ guys he beat up. In short, isn't submitting DC and he isn't outwrestling him. Its either a brutal grinding UD for DC or a sudden KO for Fedor (better hand speed).

Style-wise Crocop is a much harder matchup for DC.

Fedor by armbar.

Show me one time that Cormier went to the ground with someone that is dangerous off their back.

He's not going to beat Fedor standing either

This is a hard one, Fedor in his prime was submitting stone age wrestlers from Hammerhouse and strikers who didn't have a clue on the ground, I think DC is far better in the grappling department than anyone Fedor submitted and a better wrestler than the BJJ guys he beat up. In short, isn't submitting DC and he isn't outwrestling him. Its either a brutal grinding UD for DC or a sudden KO for Fedor (better hand speed).

Style-wise Crocop is a much harder matchup for DC.
He isn't subbing DC based on what exactly? Who has DC gone to the ground with that is dangerous from their back?

Unlikely Fedor gets on top of DC and I don't see Fedor preventing the TD.

How the result will go will be determined by how Fedor will do off his back.

Back