How would current heavyweights do in pride?

Yungrich

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Had a random thought on how the current top heavyweights would do up against competition in their prime in pride? You got stipe, dc, ngannou against the likes of prime fedor, cro cop, and mark hunt. I feel like ngannou might possibly be the ultimate destroyer under pride rules probably defeating prime fedor and cro cop.

Fedor trips Ngannou to the Mat in 10 seconds and pummels the crap out of him.

I don’t think people realise how skilled Fedor actually was in the standing grappling department.

There were guys around in Pride who were every bit the physical specimen of Ngannou such as Randleman, Coleman and Fujitsu who were legitimate world champion ship contender in wrestling. Fedor generally won those match ups with other skills but I don’t think he’d have much of a problem taking Ngannou down.

The guy with the closest resemblance to Ngannou was probably Soukodjou.

Reminder for those who missed it;

PRIDE heavyweight was a fuckin free for all that could go any way......same with middleweight(Thier Light Heavy)

I redact my previous statment PRIDE was just a straight free for all regardless of weight class

We don't know how these guys would look without USADA around. Can't compare the steroid era with the current one.

Exactly, there's absolutely no point in comparing todays hw's to the ones in Pride, where roiding was legal.

Fedor trips Ngannou to the Mat in 10 seconds and pummels the crap out of him.

I don’t think people realise how skilled Fedor actually was in the standing grappling department.

There were guys around in Pride who were every bit the physical specimen of Ngannou such as Randleman, Coleman and Fujitsu who were legitimate world champion ship contender in wrestling. Fedor generally won those match ups with other skills but I don’t think he’d have much of a problem taking Ngannou down.

The guy with the closest resemblance to Ngannou was probably Soukodjou.

Reminder for those who missed it;

These guys aren't the physical specimens that big Frank is, they're a lot smaller naturally.

Back