How would Joe Rogan do against the average blue belt?

I trained on Monday. Was going to go in today but I'm probably going to end up training 3 days this week, maybe 5-6x sessions or whatever. Since you asked...lol

I mean dude it sounds like you're offended. I'm not trying to offend you but you're doing the same shit here. How many blue belts are training 50/50, Ashi Danaher-rami positions, matrix, X guard even, lapel/worm shit, etc.

First off some gyms don't really encourage their white and blue belts to do leg locks or specifically heel hooks. I'd say a lot of gyms kind of veer towards this. But for the gyms that do let it happen or even encourage it, are they "good" at this? No lol.

You're still uber focusing in on the best blue belts in the world. The average blue belt is not ripping people's knees off with their leg lock game or have some proficient+ level of lapel guard or lasso or some shit in the gi. The average blue belt yet again, sucks. Relative term but they probably know the basics, they make a ton of mistakes still, they might know some moves and rely on some shit.

My analogy was pretty much fine and worked, it was just dumb. You're still doing the same shit. Where do you possibly train, the blue basement with Danaher? Pedigo Laundry Mat? ATOS competition classes? You're making it seem as though that's the case. If so...cool, but again it's still irrelevant and wrong to apply to this question which should not have 10-11 pages

It yet again goes back to Rogan anyway. Do you think he has zero leg lock knowledge? Do you think he's just a fraudulent black belt? Does he at least have Purple or Brown belt skills if so? Because I think he's strong enough and athletic enough to shut down shitty leg lock games by blue belts that aren't amazing or massive. And then he rolls all of the hobbyist blues, which comprise MOST blue belts.

Edit: above you said Rogan would beat a blue belt 9/10 times, so why have you argued against this for 10 pages...don't pretend anyone would have disagreed.

Probably still a touch more than that honestly lol if we're doing "average" or just every blue belt until he runs into someone who can beat him. But close enough. Take your issue up with TS then, because that's the question HE posed.
A massive amount dude.
Like, more than half. I know you're still on about where I train, (LIke I said, shoot me a PM, I'll send location and you can show me some super cool stuff!), but where the FUCK do you train? Fuck man, my beginners class is answering questions about Heel Hooks, kneebars, wrist locks and imanari rolls. These mfs are hungry to learn. I have to peel it back and teach loop chokes and scissor sweeps just to calm them down. The learning curve in BJJ is exponential and constantly broadening. This isn't news to people who train, or souldn't be at least.

Your point about "You KEEP FOCUSING ON THE BEST BLUEBELTS" is just so ridiculous because I'm not lol You keep saying I am but nowhere have I said I'm talking about the top guys. I'm not. You have to accept this. You just won't.
OP made this thread because he threw a tantrum in the Mayberry because I said the average blue belt would give Rogan problems and do well, not that they would tap him or he could not tap them. I don't know how many fucking times I have to type this to the same person that went "Hurr durr ur autistic" for page after page. I literally am not making the argument you keep accusing me of and you're arguing with yourself at this point. I have never said that Joe is going to go into some gracie school and get mobbed by the bluebelts. I said he was struggle getting up and doing a full class with the average blue belt in 2021, aka have to play his A game and be more lethal than the average practicing black belt because he's old, beat up and probably got some rust on the mat.

Here is /ourguy Chewy rolling with a whitebelt he's got 60lbs on.

Do you think Joe, who is about 6 inches shorter and weighs the same as Chewy is going to roll with a kid as skilled as that (I see a ton of them, more and more week after week, no matter what YOU think about bluebelts), as smoothly with as much know-how, control or direction? Or is he going to power-choke his way out of everything like every other video we see of him rolling with whitebelts and losers off the street (That are now 15 year old videos)??

"Struggle" doesn't mean getting beat pillar to fucking post.
There's a purple belt at my school who I struggle with. He doesn't compete, he's a buck fifty soaking wet and this motherucker has the most dangerous half-guard of anyone there, and he will stick his bony little paws in your throat and choke you quicker than you can imagine.
I struggle against him. I have to play my A game. Does he tap me? No. Do I pass? Usually. But I struggle. It's fucking hard rolling with that guy and I have to be on my p's and q's the entire round. Now, against a new whitebelt who I can sweep and play around with, I am not struggling. I don't have to play my A-Game. I can chill in a guard I don't play often. I can get lazy. I can ignore subs that appear.

Inb4 "Shfiting the goalposts" even though it's you wierdos who have said over and over again that i'm arguing an imaginary point that YOU have projected on to me, because in your little train-by-day-podcast-by-night the only binary that exists is one where Joe is either a hulking fucking maniac that is going to suplex every bluebelt because "Bluebelts suck bro and the average bluebelt is just a fat loser who doesn't know how to armbar...I mean unless he trains at one of the countless academies I've listed that continuous grow and expand" or "Joe Rogan would get DESTROYED BY EVERY BLUEBELT"

Seriously, it's so dumb lol And you've had the gall to act like you have an ounce of intellectual superiority at point in this discussion that you don't even seem to understand the parameteres of lol Embarrassing!

Also, I think Joe knows fuck all about leglocks. His commentary, podcast, and general thoughts on the matter seem to indicate he hasn't a fucking clue about them. It took Eddie a while to catch up, 10p blackbelts were getting tapped by bluebelts with them in comp. "BUT THEY WEREN'T AVERAGE BLUEBELTS YOU"RE OBSSESSED WITH THE BEST BLUE BELTS I'M TALKING ABOUT AVERAGE REEEEEEEEEE".
I know. Just stating what happened.

A massive amount dude.
Like, more than half. I know you're still on about where I train, (LIke I said, shoot me a PM, I'll send location and you can show me some super cool stuff!), but where the FUCK do you train? Fuck man, my beginners class is answering questions about Heel Hooks, kneebars, wrist locks and imanari rolls. These mfs are hungry to learn. I have to peel it back and teach loop chokes and scissor sweeps just to calm them down. The learning curve in BJJ is exponential and constantly broadening. This isn't news to people who train, or souldn't be at least.

Your point about "You KEEP FOCUSING ON THE BEST BLUEBELTS" is just so ridiculous because I'm not lol You keep saying I am but nowhere have I said I'm talking about the top guys. I'm not. You have to accept this. You just won't.
OP made this thread because he threw a tantrum in the Mayberry because I said the average blue belt would give Rogan problems and do well, not that they would tap him or he could not tap them. I don't know how many fucking times I have to type this to the same person that went "Hurr durr ur autistic" for page after page. I literally am not making the argument you keep accusing me of and you're arguing with yourself at this point. I have never said that Joe is going to go into some gracie school and get mobbed by the bluebelts. I said he was struggle getting up and doing a full class with the average blue belt in 2021, aka have to play his A game and be more lethal than the average practicing black belt because he's old, beat up and probably got some rust on the mat.

Here is /ourguy Chewy rolling with a whitebelt he's got 60lbs on.

Do you think Joe, who is about 6 inches shorter and weighs the same as Chewy is going to roll with a kid as skilled as that (I see a ton of them, more and more week after week, no matter what YOU think about bluebelts), as smoothly with as much know-how, control or direction? Or is he going to power-choke his way out of everything like every other video we see of him rolling with whitebelts and losers off the street (That are now 15 year old videos)??

"Struggle" doesn't mean getting beat pillar to fucking post.
There's a purple belt at my school who I struggle with. He doesn't compete, he's a buck fifty soaking wet and this motherucker has the most dangerous half-guard of anyone there, and he will stick his bony little paws in your throat and choke you quicker than you can imagine.
I struggle against him. I have to play my A game. Does he tap me? No. Do I pass? Usually. But I struggle. It's fucking hard rolling with that guy and I have to be on my p's and q's the entire round. Now, against a new whitebelt who I can sweep and play around with, I am not struggling. I don't have to play my A-Game. I can chill in a guard I don't play often. I can get lazy. I can ignore subs that appear.

Inb4 "Shfiting the goalposts" even though it's you wierdos who have said over and over again that i'm arguing an imaginary point that YOU have projected on to me, because in your little train-by-day-podcast-by-night the only binary that exists is one where Joe is either a hulking fucking maniac that is going to suplex every bluebelt because "Bluebelts suck bro and the average bluebelt is just a fat loser who doesn't know how to armbar...I mean unless he trains at one of the countless academies I've listed that continuous grow and expand" or "Joe Rogan would get DESTROYED BY EVERY BLUEBELT"

Seriously, it's so dumb lol And you've had the gall to act like you have an ounce of intellectual superiority at point in this discussion that you don't even seem to understand the parameteres of lol Embarrassing!

Also, I think Joe knows fuck all about leglocks. His commentary, podcast, and general thoughts on the matter seem to indicate he hasn't a fucking clue about them. It took Eddie a while to catch up, 10p blackbelts were getting tapped by bluebelts with them in comp. "BUT THEY WEREN'T AVERAGE BLUEBELTS YOU"RE OBSSESSED WITH THE BEST BLUE BELTS I'M TALKING ABOUT AVERAGE REEEEEEEEEE".
I know. Just stating what happened.

I'm very confused as to how that Chewy video matters or proves anything at all. He is flow rolling with a white belt and using like 25% strength, so why is the "60 lbs on him bro" relevant? The white belt moves well but he's not doing anything crazy either and Chewy quite literally says there's value to playing down levels with your opponent and flow rolling/moving.

I'm aware that schools put leg locks on white/blue belts and definitely teach blues the leglock game. I've been to gyms like that, I go to one now. So tying this in to everything else, I still don't think that means there are a significant amount of white and blue belts that are "good" at leg locking or even use it.

You should have probably explained your argument with TS more clearly if that was true as well. Say what you want, but you were clearly arguing that Rogan sucked and would struggle or lose to a lot, a significant amount of blue belts during this entire thread. I mean we all saw it? If you meant something else then fine, maybe you or others misinterpreted it. You said 9/10, okay we're close enough there and we can agree. And we can also agree that some very good leg lock system blue belt (probably sandbagged lol) who is ~180-200+lbs and ~athletic can probably sub Rogan, perhaps. Definitely could catch him.

I'm very confused as to how that Chewy video matters or proves anything at all. He is flow rolling with a white belt and using like 25% strength, so why is the "60 lbs on him bro" relevant? The white belt moves well but he's not doing anything crazy either and Chewy quite literally says there's value to playing down levels with your opponent and flow rolling/moving.

I'm aware that schools put leg locks on white/blue belts and definitely teach blues the leglock game. I've been to gyms like that, I go to one now. So tying this in to everything else, I still don't think that means there are a significant amount of white and blue belts that are "good" at leg locking or even use it.

You should have probably explained your argument with TS more clearly if that was true as well. Say what you want, but you were clearly arguing that Rogan sucked and would struggle or lose to a lot, a significant amount of blue belts during this entire thread. I mean we all saw it? If you meant something else then fine, maybe you or others misinterpreted it. You said 9/10, okay we're close enough there and we can agree. And we can also agree that some very good leg lock system blue belt (probably sandbagged lol) who is ~180-200+lbs and ~athletic can probably sub Rogan, perhaps. Definitely could catch him.
I did, TS is a retard

im showing a video of a practicing blackbelt rolling light with a skilled n00b bc he’s not rusty and beat up and doesnt have to to play his A game to keep up with younger, hungrier hobbyists.

Do you think Joe is capable rolling like that or is he going to have to MAAAULLLL everyone just to stay ahead?

Joe’s pretty fuckin old, stiff, and rusty but the trt alone is a huge factor.

Joe is probably 10x stronger than your average blue. I can guarantee he would just snatch a neck and crush them. Probably has a nasty guillotine/darce/anaconda/Japanese neck crank system lmao. Probably some heavy fuckin top pressure too if he can manage to pass guard. (I bet his guard passing is pretty shit for a black belt, lots of strength and power but probably little technique)

Im an average blue belt 1 stripe. I have trained gi and no gi consistently for 3-4 years and have trained mma with wrestling/striking/no gi focus for another 4 years. I’m honestly closer to purple in no gi but definitely a blue in the gi. I don’t know a lot of sport techniques but my wrestling and strength gets me out of a lot of trouble. My defense to the sport techniques is actually ok but I wouldn’t be able to execute them smoothly if you asked me to. That being said Joe would murk me in pure grappling. I also weigh 145-150 lbs though.
I have competed in around 20 local tournaments and have won both naga expert and blue belt divisions (small turnout though) and I’m 5-3 in amateur mma. So take that as you will…

Last edited:
I guess if Speeit O'Walloftext over here can keep the thread going until Joe is 80 he'll get fewer and fewer people disagreeing with him.

I guess if Speeit O'Walloftext over here can keep the thread going until Joe is 80 he'll get fewer and fewer people disagreeing with him.
Oh yeah, just me, not the sea of weirdos going "Dude Joe is soooo strong dude i saw him hit a bag really hard dude"

I said Steffen at HW, the weightclass Joe would be in (forgetting he’s master’s 5) would kill Joe if he wanted and was about the Apex of what one could be at blue.

Strip away a ton of his skill and abilities, and that bluebelt still gives Joe problems. Joe would probably tap him, but he would struggle.

since i’ve typed the same thing like 20 times now, do you have any insight other than “Bluebelts suck and Joe is a blackbelt?”
no because thats all that needs to be said, you said average bluebelt, and are now changing it to a grinding competition blue belt who is hip to the modern bjj game.

No one here has rolled with him and everyone who has talked about him rolling has 10 year old tales of him being “legit” or “my friend said he wss pretty good”

gonna need more than that to convince me he’s walking into an academy and suplexing every bluebelt with no problem every round.

joe rogan is 54, 5’5 has bad knees and a bad neck
You claim Joe is a bad grappler, yes that is what you are claiming.
People give you accounts of what they heard about Joes abilities, though friends.
You usurp your blind conjecture over the only stories available of Joes bjj abilities.
Then you claim video and experiences are in fact blind conjecture.
You are the one making blind conjectures yet you are accusing people supplying evidence of doing so.

no because thats all that needs to be said, you said average bluebelt, and are now changing it to a grinding competition blue belt who is hip to the modern bjj game.
I literally have never “changed” that, you retards just can’t read

You claim Joe is a bad grappler, yes that is what you are claiming.
People give you accounts of what they heard about Joes abilities, though friends.
You usurp your blind conjecture over the only stories available of Joes bjj abilities.
Then you claim video and experiences are in fact blind conjecture.
You are the one making blind conjectures yet you are accusing people supplying evidence of doing so.
What videos? Him beating up white belts in 2007???

What videos? Him beating up white belts in 2007???
Yes, AND the accounts of him being a good grappler from recently. So we have old videos that show he is legit, and recent accounts that show he is legit. Also you believe that he is worse than the average blackbelt based on nothing at all, so why are you upset that the pro Rogan evidence is not up to par, when you have literally no evidence for your claim. This is not a case of tons of evidence existing for Joe being bad and little for him being good. There is "little" evidence for him being good, and nothing for him being bad. Multiple people in this thread have said they have personal friends who have rolled with Joe and said he was good. You dismiss this as rumors and hearsay that has gotten embellished, which is super silly.

Now to address your main claim. That Joe Rogan will struggle against the average blue belt in today's day and age because he is in his fifties and rusty. He would not be able to flow with them and casually beat them, and if he did go all out with his A game he might be able to win but would struggle and come away pretty depleted.

The answer to this is still no. If you believe other wise then you do not have a good idea of what an average blue belt is.

Yes, AND the accounts of him being a good grappler from recently. So we have old videos that show he is legit, and recent accounts that show he is legit. Also you believe that he is worse than the average blackbelt based on nothing at all, so why are you upset that the pro Rogan evidence is not up to par, when you have literally no evidence for your claim. This is not a case of tons of evidence existing for Joe being bad and little for him being good. There is "little" evidence for him being good, and nothing for him being bad. Multiple people in this thread have said they have personal friends who have rolled with Joe and said he was good. You dismiss this as rumors and hearsay that has gotten embellished, which is super silly.

Now to address your main claim. That Joe Rogan will struggle against the average blue belt in today's day and age because he is in his fifties and rusty. He would not be able to flow with them and casually beat them, and if he did go all out with his A game he might be able to win but would struggle and come away pretty depleted.

The answer to this is still no. If you believe other wise then you do not have a good idea of what an average blue belt is.

You're absolutely delusional. No convincing you otherwise.

How about we keep it real, Rogan is gonna have a harder time against a solid blue belt than let's say Saulo Ribeiro would.

Back