How would prime Anderson Silva do in today’s MW division?

Jack is his only tough fight IMO.

Fights with Izzy and Till would be boring staring contests I think Andy would edge altho Izzy might get a scorecard with leg kicks.

He wrecks most the rest. Whittaker might have a shot but his darts are still ripe for counters and he isn't good enough a grappling threat.

Marvin, Costa, Cannonier, Hall etc. get rekt. Hall was barely edging out grandpa Andy as is and he already beat Brunson altho disputed

Weidman is shot. MW is shit.

DAMAGE

lots and lots of damage is what I foresee

Last edited:
I think the top guys today are generally better defensively than the guys Anderson fought. They have better head movement and understanding of striking.

Offensively Anderson is still superior to 99%. He'd have a lot of fun fights with all the strikers today.

Adesanya still outpoints him. I don't care if you think Anderson has more tools offensively. His tactics would not work in this matchup IMO. That's mainly because Anderson birthed him. That would be a super fun fight too.

He would crush them all while everybody says his opponents aren’t challenging enough.

is normal

I think the top guys today are generally better defensively than the guys Anderson fought. They have better head movement and understanding of striking.

Offensively Anderson is still superior to 99%. He'd have a lot of fun fights with all the strikers today.

Adesanya still outpoints him. I don't care if you think Anderson has more tools offensively. His tactics would not work in this matchup IMO. That's mainly because Anderson birthed him. That would be a super fun fight too.
it's all hypothetical but I think people need to realise how much MMA has evolved and how much better fightera have become both with the skill level and athletic abilities

I think with these types of questions, people often tend to be bias due to nostalgia.
Silva would probs do well anyway

He'd be #2 at the very max. He beats Whittaker but loses to Izzy.

Back