How would prime Anderson Silva do in today’s MW division?

Wouldn't be able to compete in today's division

This is just ridiculous. In his prime today, Silva beats every single middleweight ranked in the top 10. The sport has not evolved like a lot of you think that it has. It's not like he was champ in the mid 90s, he was champion less than 10 years ago. The sport has not evolved leaps and bounds in less than 10 years, I don't know where this narrative comes from

Todays UFC division... we just need to discuss 2 middles and I'll make it brief.

Styles make fights so,

Prime Andy would be too much for Robert.
Prime Andy is a bigger, thicker version of Adesanya. At some point he stops Israel.

Done and done.

Silva was 43 going on 44 when he fought 29 year old prime Izzy.

There’s no debate, Silva was arguably a decade past his prime, and was still able to find holes in the defense of Adesanya rather quickly with the utilization of the jab which has been shown to hinder Izzy greatly.

Many fans try to pretend Silva was in his prime during the 2nd Sonnen fight or the Bonnar fight, but the truth is Silva was slowing down YEARS before that. He was so much better than everyone else it just didn’t matter.

He would be an absolute nightmare for this division.

Last edited:
Prime Silva wouldn't get past the golden snitch, amazing how the same people who shit on Jones for PEDS wank Silva off nonstop.

Jack is his only tough fight IMO.

Fights with Izzy and Till would be boring staring contests I think Andy would edge altho Izzy might get a scorecard with leg kicks.

He wrecks most the rest. Whittaker might have a shot but his darts are still ripe for counters and he isn't good enough a grappling threat.

Marvin, Costa, Cannonier, Hall etc. get rekt. Hall was barely edging out grandpa Andy as is and he already beat Brunson altho disputed

Weidman is shot. MW is shit.

Jack Hermannson?

<LikeReally5>

He's basically Izzy, but he's better than Izzy at everything

Back