How would prime Anderson Silva do in today’s MW division?

Ignoring the obvious usada problem he’d do well. Probably only losing to Adesanya in a boring decision.
Silva would’ve struggled more during prime middle weight when strike force guys cams in 2014-2018
I agree with this (adesyana also)

That crop of fighters (Rockhold, yoel, mousasi, weidman, brunson, kennedy) were harder for isreal and anderson to deal with but now they are mostly gone (isreal would have harder time with rockhold then anderson, anderson would have a harder time with kennedy/brunson)

Prime Silva would not have the superiority he had during his time but could definitely beat everybody in the division.

Yoel Romero agrees btw

I agree with this (adesyana also)

That crop of fighters (Rockhold, yoel, mousasi, weidman, brunson, kennedy) were harder for isreal and anderson to deal with but now they are mostly gone (isreal would have harder time with rockhold then anderson, anderson would have a harder time with kennedy/brunson)
I think hed beat Israel but your 100% on point with those SFORCE middles . Once they all got a couple of fights under their belt in UFC and specifically when Luke fought Chris. That middle division was beyond stacked with real top middleweights and all regular sized or big middles .

Depends on whether or not USADA let's him pulse

Also any fights has loses would immediately be called flukes and woildnt count in the minds of his rabid fans

I think skill wise he’d be champion but it’s really hard to run these sorts of tests, especially for someone who had such a tremendous impact on the division and the sport as a whole.

Not to take it too seriously but are we supposing he’s simply born about 15 years later? Because if so I don’t think it’s crazy to imagine the lineal progression of the mw belt changed pretty dramatically due to his absence.

Then there’s the change in circumstance for how Silva himself is viewed as a fighter. Towards the latter half of his run his aura was unreal. The fear in Sonnens eyes as he butt scoots towards the fence in their second fight is reminiscent of the first time a black belt shrugged off my pathetic attempt at a back take. People were legitimately scared of him and what he could do, and over time that builds up into something that’s pretty hard to replicate at that level.

Anderson Prime dominates.

Also any fights has loses would immediately be called flukes and woildnt count in the minds of his rabid fans
Exactly. If he weren't clowning, he would have won. If it weren't for the shattered leg.....

He'd smesh everyone apart from Yoel, who he'd draw against... And then they'd want him to fight Canelo in boxing, and he'd smesh him too.

his lesser version is the current champ how do you think

Back