How would prime FW Conor McGregor fair in the current Featherweight division

They need to take him into the Deep waters, If Conor scores big early he might bank those 1st 3 rounds. Volk and Max would need to avoid his heavy hands early and we know Conor doesn't have great work rate late.
Yeah I could see that, I wish we got to see more of 145 Conor, against Holloway he looked fresh at the end of the 3 rounds. I wonder if that version would be able to go 5 rounds and still look good.

They need to take him into the Deep waters, If Conor scores big early he might bank those 1st 3 rounds. Volk and Max would need to avoid his heavy hands early and we know Conor doesn't have great work rate late.
FW Conor could do 3 rounds easy, hell he used to run back then and looked fresh after the Max fight. The only fight he looked gassed in was the Mendes fight due to the knee injury and the wrestling.

losses to Volk Max Zabit Ortega Hall and has competitive fight with Yair, Zombie Barbosa beat the rest

Id favor Conor over most. Max, Volk, Kattar would likely beat him. Ortega and Yair are very winnable but their durability and cardio could give him problems if he panics. And while I think Conor chins Barboza, there is a good chance that Barboza just tears his leg off with leg kicks and then breaks him.

He beats anyone who can't outgrapple him--so probably everyone except maybe Volk. And before the Bellator shills get on here, this also includes Pitbull. He'd get the Eddie Alvarez treatment unless he could take Conor down.

Lol come on guys.. Prime Conor beats all of them.. only Max stands a chance but he gets hit too easy
Yeah, this is a thinly disguised bias/hate thread. Nothing new at Sherdog.

I think he beats everyone. Conor needed an IV to make featherweight so his cardio would be just fine.

USADA changed him like Johnny Hendricks lmfao

He also beat Nate Diaz in a 5-rounder (rematch). People love to say "Conor has the worst cardio eva" but it's not really true.
It's true to a degree, it's just exaggerated like everything is with Conor, positive, or negative

Reactions: mkt
He beats anyone who can't outgrapple him--so probably everyone except maybe Volk. And before the Bellator shills get on here, this also includes Pitbull. He'd get the Eddie Alvarez treatment unless he could take Conor down.
You think Volk could beat him? By sub or decision? I thought Max would be the worse match for him

You think Volk could beat him? By sub or decision? I thought Max would be the worse match for him
Just a guess. The main thing is that he wouldn't lose to 7 or 8 current FWs like some of his haters think.

It's funny how people think certain Pride stars would still rule the UFC in their prime forms 15 years later. But FW has evolved so much that a former champ would barely be Top 10 only 5 years later, LOL.

Prime Max would definitely beat him. Max was able to go 5 rounds against DP at LW and Volk at FW, so he would out endure Conor at a minimum. Max can also take a punch. Note that their first fight went to 3 round decision.

He'd get smoked? Maybe he would lose, but he would be competitive against anyone
No i dont think he would be competitive against Volk at all. And Max takes over round two onwards.
Maybe he would have his moments here and there but overall pretty lopsided fights imo.

Back