How would Rory MacDonald do Against Usman?

Prime Rory probably beats him, Usman is basically a better Woodley without the power punching.

And Rory made Woodley look like a bitch.

Rory hasnt been the same since that war vs Lawler.

He looked like shit vs Moose and Lima in his recent fights.

2021 Rory is worn out, simply peaked at the wrong time unfortunately, 2015 Rory would have knocked Usman out cold.

If Gilbert the LW can ground him 30 seconds into their fight then 2015 Rory can definitely put him to sleep.

He would get smothered. He’s not dangerous enough to keep Usman at bay

Prime Rory probably beats him, Usman is basically a better Woodley without the power punching.

Woodley usually fights defensively with his back against the cage. He waits for counters to land a big shot.

Usman fights forwards and puts pressure on his opponents.

How the hell are they the same? They are Polar opposites if anything.

You must not have watched Rory fight for years.
He wouldn't get top 5 in the ufc.
The ghost of fitch beat him and he was screwed out of a win.
He also said he doesn't want to hurt people anymore.

Usman beats any version of Rory.

he brutally finishes 2021 Rory by TKO.

I think not well at all.
On the other hand...
Khabib vs Usman would probably be as close as we can get to the witnessing in real life the paradox of a clash between unstoppable force and immovable object.
Would absolutely love to see that fight.

People are massively underestimating how good Fitch still is and use it to discredit current Rory, for whatever reason... but I can't blame anybody for not expecting Rory to fare well against current top 5 since he's been all over the place for years. I don't see him beating Usman unless something massively changes for him. He's only 31, it's not impossible.. but doubtful. I'd like to see a resurgence though. He's got a really great skillset and is tough as hell.

rory mac would get wrecked

shame UFC let him go? no, rory chose to leave to bellator for more money.

Rory ran into ultra beast mode peak 2015 Lawler and was never the same again. I think Usman would crush that nose further with one of those jabs
Ironically it looks like his prime was in his mid 20's. Fitch is still good though. He still gives almost everyone a tough fight (also Fitch is probably on some supplements.)

Woodley usually fights defensively with his back against the cage. He waits for counters to land a big shot.

Usman fights forwards and puts pressure on his opponents.

How the hell are they the same? They are Polar opposites if anything.
It's refreshing to see someone actually understand what is happening in a fight.

I know how they're the same to @TheIrishPsycho ...

That's the fight that made me make the thread lol. I don't think Rory is there anymore. Doesn't seem invested in his fights. He's always going back and fourth with retirement but he did beat Lima in the first fight and had a decent fight in the second.

Back