How would you reboot the Ultimate Fighter?

Well first off, the money is a pittance. They need to pay a lot better, for the guys in the UFC and for the TUF contestants.

I would go state by state; recruit college state wrestling champs by offering them a 100K to win each fight they win as they progress through the show. Makes it worthwhile to someone with discipline and a college degree.
These people also already have some hype in their local community and college papers, so this piggybacks on that and gets eyes on the sport through word of mouth.

The fights will mean sloppy boxing and good wrestling, like the old days of the UFC, and you might produce some championship caliber fighters this way.

You could also make a TUF that is designed to mimic the old UFC where different TMA styles would fight. Karate house vs Boxing house, etc.

Have the cast of Saved By The Bell come in the house and fight Full House cast.

John Stamos and Mario Lopez fight to the death in the finale.

Only fighters with criminal records and free access to drugs and alcohol. The ratings would be insane lol.

The coaches should be Colby and Masvidal and we should let the fighters do whatever they want so that there will be a lot of beef among them and funny moments

They should make it like the tournament era (with current rules) so you need to win all ur fights in a night. Too crazy to happen these days, but it would get ridiculous ratings if it did happen.

If they want a splash, McGregor vs. Diaz. It would be the best season ever possibly. Bring in actual up and comers with big names. Sign Dillon Danis, Logan Paul since he wants to prove himself and hopefully those two end up in the finale.

Amazing tekkers

A bunch of ex ballarinas and gymnists.

Or college basketball and football players who failed to go pro. Guards and running backs.

MRI all their joints first though. Who knows how many of them are on their last legs?

I'd try to recruit stage college wrestling places to get their most belligerent but also toughest and most skilled people in a tournament. All young guys finishing college with good wrestling backgrounds and something to prove, who know how to cut weight etc.

I would honestly wait on Usman and Colby to happen and if Colby lost, do him and Masvidal.

I'd try to recruit stage college wrestling places to get their most belligerent but also toughest and most skilled people in a tournament. All young guys finishing college with good wrestling backgrounds and something to prove, who know how to cut weight etc.
I like it!

Start to introduce sex in the house. It's the only way.

either make it the real world for fighting or follow like 10 individual newly pro fighters for a year and whoever makes the most interesting content feature them in a reality-drama-whatever.

I'd love to watch a 10 part show following 2-3 guys on the regional circuit trying to make it big.

More fights and less of the staged drama and pranks BS.

Back