Hunter vs Hrgovic ordered to meet for IBF #1 spot

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/michael...ic-ordered-by-ibf-no-1-mandatory-spot--155680

Hopefully, promoters can put this bout together as soon as possible as it's an intriguing match-up that could turn out to be an excellent fight. If it does get made my money's going to be on Hunter. IMO, he's a very underrated heavyweight with a better resume & more experience than the Croatian. I think he'll be able to outbox & outwork Hrgovic down the stretch to win a decisive points victory. Though Hrgovic will be tough & dangerous all the way through.

Agreed. Hgrovic doesn't mind taking two to land one, and the ones he lands do hurt. Hunter has the tools but he has to fight a very disciplined fight. I hope he learned from the Povetkin bout that looking in control early doesn't mean you got it in the bag.

I knew you would like love this fight. I am glad you recomended the Hunter vs Povetkin fight I'm a fan of Hunter since then. I am hoping this fight happens by May.

https://www.boxingscene.com/michael...ic-ordered-by-ibf-no-1-mandatory-spot--155680

Hopefully, promoters can put this bout together as soon as possible as it's an intriguing match-up that could turn out to be an excellent fight. If it does get made my money's going to be on Hunter. IMO, he's a very underrated heavyweight with a better resume & more experience than the Croatian. I think he'll be able to outbox & outwork Hrgovic down the stretch to win a decisive points victory. Though Hrgovic will be tough & dangerous all the way through.

nice!

hunter is definitely under rated. And I had him beating pov.
I think hrgovic is the best of the new HWs on the scene. I think he beats most of the top 10 right now, including hunter. I’d really like to see him in with wilder, but that’s never gonna happen

I am not as high on Hrgovic as others but absolutely a fight with Hunter will answer almost any question I have, I feel.

Hope Jr wasn't affected too much by the covid layoff and puts up another good showing. Quality fighter, and fact hes basically a fringe level guy atm only bolsters strength of current division. Not really familiar with Hrgovic other than knowing his name has been mentioned, but if this fight happens and he beats Hunter, then I'll be very interested in seeing his next fight.

I knew you would like love this fight. I am glad you recomended the Hunter vs Povetkin fight I'm a fan of Hunter since then. I am hoping this fight happens by May.
That's cool that you've become a Hunter fan. I was tempted to order the PPV that he fought on last month but the rest of the card was mediocre at best & his opponent wasn't any sort of a challenge for him so I passed on it. So, I'm hoping that this fight with Hrgovic gets made quickly so we can see him in action soon.

I am not as high on Hrgovic as others but absolutely a fight with Hunter will answer almost any question I have, I feel.

im certainly not a big fan or anything, but I do think he had the tools to do really well in this era of HWs.
He’s a bit stiff but he’s technically very sound, physically imposing, hits hard with both hands, and take a good shot.

I agree Dave, I think we’ll find out just how good he is on this fight. I actually think there are easier fights for him in the top 10 than Hunter. Very few guys are going to be able to stand in front of hrgovic and stay conscious. Hunter is quick, skilled and has good movement. I favour hrgovic, but not with huge confidence

Very interesting fight this. It will show us how good Hrgovic is. Hunter is a genuine top 10 fighter in the heavyweight ranks in my opinion.

I'm glad to see Hrgovic taking a step up. He's clearly way above the guys he's been fighting so it will be interesting to see if he hits a wall or is a legitimate top guy.

Very interesting fight this. It will show us how good Hrgovic is. Hunter is a genuine top 10 fighter in the heavyweight ranks in my opinion.
This made me think of the top 10 heavyweights to see if Hunter is a top 10 guy.
In no particular order
Joshua
Fury
Wilder
Ruiz
Whyte
Povetkin
Joyce
Usyk
Ortiz
Hunter

This is probably the best the heavyweight division has been since the early 00's.

This made me think of the top 10 heavyweights to see if Hunter is a top 10 guy.
In no particular order
Joshua
Fury
Wilder
Ruiz
Whyte
Povetkin
Joyce
Usyk
Ortiz
Hunter

This is probably the best the heavyweight division has been since the early 00's.
There's a few more guys ready to join that list too.

TS, Is that an update on the fight? I noticed the threat title got more specific. I'm ready for a heavyweight banger, as has been stated in this thread we are spoiled in this era whether we wanna admit or not. Joshus, Wilder, Fury, Ruiz, Povetkin, Whyte, Parker, Ortiz, Usyk, Chisora, Hunter, plus others as well as recent memories of Wlads last days in the sport during early stages if this era... and so many of these guys have fought and on competitive terms, it really has been beautiful thing.

TS, Is that an update on the fight? I noticed the threat title got more specific. I'm ready for a heavyweight banger, as has been stated in this thread we are spoiled in this era whether we wanna admit or not. Joshus, Wilder, Fury, Ruiz, Povetkin, Whyte, Parker, Ortiz, Usyk, Chisora, Hunter, plus others as well as recent memories of Wlads last days in the sport during early stages if this era... and so many of these guys have fought and on competitive terms, it really has been beautiful thing.

Nope. I didn't update it at all. But hopefully, there will be some updates soon regarding a possible date because I'm very eager to see this match-up take place.

I hope it’s a decent payday for Hrgovic. Motherfucka needs to buy himself a vowel for that weird ass last name of his.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back