News I am super disappointed in Donny Lalonde!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He grew up in the same province and did amazing things as a boxer. I also respected and admired his passion for embracing a flexible approach in vegetarianism and marathon running.

But now he has been ripping people off in bad business deals and he seems cavalier about the whole thing.

Well that’s a bit strange.

I enjoyed his fight with Leonard tho.

While it doesnt sound good, 2 people complaining isnt really the best advert for trying to make someone look like a twat...although he also does that all on his own when he uses air quotes

Looks like he took the money and ran, money turns some people

Great hair, though.

Well that’s a bit strange.

I enjoyed his fight with Leonard tho.

He is well spoken and articulate as well as seemingly genuine in his interviews buy then you see this news and the whole teddy incident.

If not for that he wouldnt be known by 5% of the globe.

Oddly enough, he is from my province but no one really knows too much about him. People think he was from Alberta or something.

I like his boxing style and his interviews. He is very well spoken and gave amazing advice in regards to avoiding terrible promoters who associate with criminals who try to fix fights.

While it doesnt sound good, 2 people complaining isnt really the best advert for trying to make someone look like a twat...although he also does that all on his own when he uses air quotes

Looks like he took the money and ran, money turns some people

Well you had teddy go off on him adds to the list. That and in the interview he was like meh in regards to the folks losing the money.

Great hair, though.

With his story telling ability and being captivating with words. You would think he would be super famous because he had the looks as well.

No say it ain't so donny was my hero

All I remember about Donny Lalonde is Sugar Ray punching him in the throat and knocking him out. Someone needs to punch him in the nuts now.

donny was a decent fighter, not great but not bad, i recall first seeing him on espn. The Leonard fight was seen by the experts as pretty meaningless, gil clancy called it a travesty, then Donny knocked leonard down and gave him a good fight. For a guy who calls himself a shrimp (leonard, who said he's much smaller than his listed 5-10) it's pretty impressive to go up that high. Recently, I've been trying to figure how a Pryor/Leonard fight would go, they say Aaron would beat Ray up in sparring but sparring doesn't count and ray was a legitimate 2 weight classes above aarons natural weight, it would have been an interesting fight. Pryor had a habit of getting wreckless while he threw those non-stop punches and leonard was a great finisher.

All I remember about Donny Lalonde is Sugar Ray punching him in the throat and knocking him out. Someone needs to punch him in the nuts now.

He had a horrific childhood but no excuse to screw people out of their money.

This is all karma for being a pro boxer with a mullet.......

Its his reputation that goes to crap. He is was a good fighter but you cant be ripping people off like that!

donny was a decent fighter, not great but not bad, i recall first seeing him on espn. The Leonard fight was seen by the experts as pretty meaningless, gil clancy called it a travesty, then Donny knocked leonard down and gave him a good fight. For a guy who calls himself a shrimp (leonard, who said he's much smaller than his listed 5-10) it's pretty impressive to go up that high. Recently, I've been trying to figure how a Pryor/Leonard fight would go, they say Aaron would beat Ray up in sparring but sparring doesn't count and ray was a legitimate 2 weight classes above aarons natural weight, it would have been an interesting fight. Pryor had a habit of getting wreckless while he threw those non-stop punches and leonard was a great finisher.

Donny did have solid boxing skills. He was like Hearns but nowhere near good of course. But never the less he used his reach well and was good at pacing himself.

Back