• Start date
D

Deleted member 584792

today was my cheat day i ate

-sushi
-california rolls
-rice with raw salmon
-chicken nuggets, fries with some mayonaise

and these weird mussels they had things looking like seaweed inside of em and white sticky thing stuck in the shell it was weird but i ate them all to not pay the food waste fee the buffet was not a random one it had good reputation and multiples buffet around the country so i tought maybe they put chimicals or something to kill these things

i finished with ice cream ah yes i drank 1.5l of coke too

one hour later i felt weird pain in my intestine next to my bladder im starting to think it was a worm moving or something i think im fucked anyone had a similar experience ?

That part of the mussel you're describing is completely normal and harmless to eat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byssus

Mussels are almost always cooked which would eliminate the possibility of getting a tapeworm. California rolls are cooked(full of fake crab) and the salmon you get from sushi restaurants is farm raised which greatly reduces the risk of parasites. I would say you're fine and the huge serving of ice cream and half gallon of soda you abused your body with is likely the reason for your GI distress.

But if you're still concerned you can get a simple blood draw which looks for antibodies your body would produce to deal with a parasite.

That part of the mussel you're describing is completely normal and harmless to eat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byssus

Mussels are almost always cooked which would eliminate the possibility of getting a tapeworm. California rolls are cooked(full of fake crab) and the salmon you get from sushi restaurants is farm raised which greatly reduces the risk of parasites. I would say you're fine and the huge serving of ice cream and half gallon of soda you abused your body with is likely the reason for your GI distress.

But if you're still concerned you can get a simple blood draw which looks for antibodies your body would produce to deal with a parasite.

Ok good to know i drank more than i ate probably beacause of the ammount of salt i consumed and that was a big ammount of ice cream too so i guess it could be the main reason i rarely eat like that, i will try to get a blood draw anyway to check if everything is good not only for this, thank for the advice and answer !
Get well soon

i feel better now thanks !

Back