I don't really know Motorhead... Educate Me

I was listening to Black Sabbath this morning with fond memories of how helpful folk were in pointing me in the right direction, so I thought I'd try it again.

I'll start from the first album, but let me know what you guys think of each release, after the first couple where do I go? What should I steadfastly avoid, at what point does it stop being groundbreaking.

What do I need to look out for, any changes in line up I should look out for?

You know the routine, tell me how can I be down

@RichardPriors @Philo-Publius @bootsy @Absolut @Slick_36 @Conor_Is_Overrated

Somewhat different from their usual stuff but their best song imo
"Love me forever"

5C2CB80C-0CC9-488C-8509-BF6E5F827805.jpeg
Too beautiful for this world.

Story of my life breh.
Lotsa chase, very little catch
<DCrying>
Love this thread, I used to drive ~8 hours almost every weekend and would have their entire discography on my ipod. I know all these songs by heart.
Try this one TS, a bit different than the rest:

Hah. Walking out to Motörhead- have to root for ww contender Blair cobbs

might not sound like much these days but was pretty thrashy for before thrash was really a thing.

still makes me wanna thrash out

One of my favourite Motorhead songs

Girlschool > Motorhead
;)

Shit I forgot about this, i'm gonna go through this in detail soon

Has anyone listed the albums I MUST listen to? And the ones that aren't so important?

On a side note, "Ace of Spades" was on tonight's episode of the Simpsons.

Aftershock, another perfect day, Motörhead, bomber, overkill, ace of spades are all excellent albums. Ace of spades is the “classic”.

there isn’t a bad Motörhead album if you’re a fan, but some are better than others.

I met Dave Grohl at a Motörhead show in 2010- he was an giddy to see them. Slash came out for the encore. A great show.

also, this documentary on Lemmy shows what a cool dude he was and how other musicians viewed him.

I bought him a drink at the Rainbow once- which puts me in a group of about 1000000. He was a genuinely nice dude when I met him

@HughPhug These!

Thanks to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 this is the song I will inexorably associate with Motorhead:

Back