I dont see how anyone thought broner lost

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both guys were tentative first 5 rounds, Santiago picked up a bit more, but broners jab started controlling the entire fight. All Santiago did was try to pressure, but nothing was significant and broners jab nullified all of it. Then once we opened up it was clear as day who was in charge. It was just little touches vs fast, accurate and fast power shots. Literally looked like he painted Santiago with a paint brush.

Let's give credit to the guy. He came to fight and put in a solid effort, but clear loss to me

Santiago landed more punches. That's usually a pretty good indication of who won.

And one also looked like he was just throwing shots that's equivalent to getting hit with plastic pellets vs a real gun. Who visibly lookednlike they got painted with a paint brush? That jab and the right hand controlled this fight

I thought Broner won clearly, but underwhelmed with his performance. He didn't exactly set the boxing world on fire and get people clamouring to see him in big fights.

100% true. Weird he came alive in the 2nd half. But this guy was a gimme. He could have finished him, but still has the same problem, just not as bad as the past. Pretty much safe to say he is done for. He would need some real glass jaws or mentally weak people in order to finish way he fights. I'll give him one chance at 140 though

100% true. Weird he came alive in the 2nd half. But this guy was a gimme. He could have finished him, but still has the same problem, just not as bad as the past. Pretty much safe to say he is done for. He would need some real glass jaws or mentally weak people in order to finish way he fights. I'll give him one chance at 140 though

If you look at the skill, natural talent and pure athleticism Broner possesses, he really should have been one of the greats. It's just a shame he didn't pick up any of the discipline or boxing IQ from Floyd.

I was pretty high on him early on. Even when he struggled with Ponce De Leon, I looked at it as a learning experience for him. But sadly he's just the kind of fighter who fights down to his opponent's level and doesn't have that "it" factor where he can find a way to win, and I can't imagine him changing now in his 30s.

I had it 114-133 Broner and that includes the controversial point deduction for the kid. So it was basically a draw in my card. 117-110 and 116-111 for Broner were a joke. And the first half of the fight Broner’s inactivity put him in the hole, it doesn’t matter if the other guys wasn’t hurting him, is still 10-9 for Santiago. So I can see why a ton of people saw him losing last night

I don’t see how anyone would watch Broner fight anymore

I don’t see how anyone would watch Broner fight anymore
Maybe to hope he gets his ass kicked

But he's not even that much of a loud mouth anymore either

Broner shouldn't be headlining fights anymore.

Maybe to hope he gets his ass kicked

But he's not even that much of a loud mouth anymore either
Not even interested to watch him get his ass kicked either, he’s that insignificant, he hasnt stopped anybody in almost 5 years, he somehow continues to get big fights eventhough the last world champion he beat was Malignaggi in 2013, and he continually misses weight

He must have the best management in boxing and Showtime sees something in him (dont know what)

He’s probably the least deserving champion when it comes to attention and promotion in recent memory, again, Beterbiev should get on the phone with Broner’s team and hook up with them.

Not even interested to watch him get his ass kicked either, he’s that insignificant, he hasnt stopped anybody in almost 5 years, he somehow continues to get big fights eventhough the last world champion he beat was Malignaggi in 2013, and he continually misses weight

He must have the best management in boxing and Showtime sees something in him (dont know what)

He’s probably the least deserving champion when it comes to attention and promotion in recent memory, again, Beterbiev should get on the phone with Broner’s team and hook up with them.

He was very promising at one point. But moving up to 147 never panned out for him. No power at that class

If you look at the skill, natural talent and pure athleticism Broner possesses, he really should have been one of the greats.
Skill of an all-time great? He's Andre Berto with a slightly better jab. His dependence on a mediocre shoulder roll without actually developing the technique first is his problem.

Broner got clearly outworked in the fight.

If you look at the skill, natural talent and pure athleticism Broner possesses, he really should have been one of the greats. It's just a shame he didn't pick up any of the discipline or boxing IQ from Floyd.

I was pretty high on him early on. Even when he struggled with Ponce De Leon, I looked at it as a learning experience for him. But sadly he's just the kind of fighter who fights down to his opponent's level and doesn't have that "it" factor where he can find a way to win, and I can't imagine him changing now in his 30s.
broners biggest problem is broner...he was all about the billions....

Broner is the better fighter ....but he should if lost that decision in my opinion .

Not interested in seeing him headline any card .

Skill of an all-time great? He's Andre Berto with a slightly better jab. His dependence on a mediocre shoulder roll without actually developing the technique first is his problem.
Broner won world titles in 4 weight classes.

If all boxers in the world stopped taking PEDs except for Berto, he still wouldn’t be able achieve that.

Broner uses the shoulder roll just to copy floyd with this gay “big bro” gimick. Broner should not be shoulder rolling at all.

Broner’s natural raw talent is definitely is diffenately one to raise potential ATGs, but alas broner was never fully dedicated to his job, and by now it’s too late. Tsk tsk.

Broner won world titles in 4 weight classes.

If all boxers in the world stopped taking PEDs except for Berto, he still wouldn’t be able achieve that.

Broner uses the shoulder roll just to copy floyd with this gay “big bro” gimick. Broner should not be shoulder rolling at all.

Broner’s natural raw talent is definitely is diffenately one to raise potential ATGs, but alas broner was never fully dedicated to his job, and by now it’s too late. Tsk tsk.
I don't agree even a little bit. What talent? Where did this talent manifest? Beating Jason Litzau and Gavin Rees? Broner never won a title or defended one against a great fighter. His best win is Antonio Demarco. Won his 130-pound belt against a nobody, won his 140-pound belt against a nobody, and won his 147-pound belt in a razor-thin fight with a 75 year-old Malignaggi. He beat Demarco handily, that's good. But what has Demarco done outside of beating a young Linares (who's also done nothing)?

Broner's potential is exactly where he is. A decent fringe-to-top ten welterweight.

Back