I dont see how anyone thought broner lost

I don't agree even a little bit. What talent? Where did this talent manifest? Beating Jason Litzau and Gavin Rees? Broner never won a title or defended one against a great fighter. His best win is Antonio Demarco. Won his 130-pound belt against a nobody, won his 140-pound belt against a nobody, and won his 147-pound belt in a razor-thin fight with a 75 year-old Malignaggi. He beat Demarco handily, that's good. But what has Demarco done outside of beating a young Linares (who's also done nothing)?

Broner's potential is exactly where he is. A decent fringe-to-top ten welterweight.
Broner should have stayed down at JWW, though im glad i saw him drop Porter silly, nobody ever made porter react like that, not even spence.

I never understood that “Paulie was out of prime” excuse.. he was only 32 on a 5 fight win streak against ranked opponents and coming off a successful title defense for the WBA Broner was challenging him for.
Imo paulie’s prime ended at the porter fight.

if somebody really wants to sit in their gaming chair covered in potato chips and type with a straight face “winning world titles in 4 weight classes moving up is meh because____” who am I to judge.

Broner should have stayed down at JWW, though im glad i saw him drop Porter silly, nobody ever made porter react like that, not even spence.

I never understood that “Paulie was out of prime” excuse.. he was only 32 on a 5 fight win streak against ranked opponents and coming off a successful title defense for the WBA Broner was challenging him for.

if somebody really wants to sit in their gaming chair covered in potato chips and type with a straight face “winning world titles in 4 weight classes moving up is meh because____” who am I to judge.
Not all champions are of the same ilk. Charles Martin isn't as good as Lennox Lewis because they won the same belt and winning a belt didn't make him better than David Tua. Resumes aren't built on belts, they're built on opponents. Who did Broner beat? That's all that matters.

If you were sat in your gaming chair, covered in potato chips, fawning over Broner for beating up Eloy Perez, I'm happy for you.

Not all champions are of the same ilk. Charles Martin isn't as good as Lennox Lewis because they won the same belt and winning a belt didn't make him better than David Tua. Resumes aren't built on belts, they're built on opponents. Who did Broner beat? That's all that matters.

If you were sat in your gaming chair, covered in potato chips, fawning over Broner for beating up Eloy Perez, I'm happy for you.
I never felt comfortable in a gaming chair and dont like potato chips.
Hate to break it to ya, but fighters are not yu gi oh cards, Wikipedia and boxrec are all u need to know if u wanna compare records.
We actually
Watch fights around here and see how the fighter performs.
We are talking about what broner could have achieved but failed to, you’re counter argument is irrelevant.
The example I gave about him knocking down Porter who was like “holy shit wtf happened” , that was one of the cleanest fastest counters I have ever seen. And AB was losing the whole fight except for that part. Nobody had or has the ability to do that Porter so far and he’s been in the ring with almost everybody .
I dont even know how he wins fights
When all he does is get arrested twice a month in different states.

Broner barely beat Malignaggi who was past his prime, other than Paulie I cant think of another 147 lbr Broner beat
If you want to talk Broner’s best years at which were 130-135 lbs De Leon and De Marco are the only recognizable names and many people think De Leon got robbed

Clearly Broner is one of the most overrated fighters in history, as I pointed out earlier, Malignaggi was the last world champion he beat 7 years ago

As for Broner dropping Porter? Wasnt Porter fighting lower than 147??

Broner barely beat Malignaggi who was past his prime, other than Paulie I cant think of another 147 lbr Broner beat
If you want to talk Broner’s best years at which were 130-135 lbs De Leon and De Marco are the only recognizable names and many people think De Leon got robbed

Clearly Broner is one of the most overrated fighters in history, as I pointed out earlier, Malignaggi was the last world champion he beat 7 years ago

It was a catchwwight of 144, thats not a weight class lower not even halfway.

also, overrated? Literally everybody shits on broner, even more than Amir Khan lol.

I still don't see how people thought Paulie beat broner.
There's a guy in the other thread that thought Oscar ran from Berchelt...
Combat sport fans are a weird species.
You never see anybody in soccer argue against a goal.

I never felt comfortable in a gaming chair and dont like potato chips.
Hate to break it to ya, but fighters are not yu gi oh cards, Wikipedia and boxrec are all u need to know if u wanna compare records.
We actually
Watch fights around here and see how the fighter performs.
We are talking about what broner could have achieved but failed to, you’re counter argument is irrelevant.
The example I gave about him knocking down Porter who was like “holy shit wtf happened” , that was one of the cleanest fastest counters I have ever seen. And AB was losing the whole fight except for that part. Nobody had or has the ability to do that Porter so far and he’s been in the ring with almost everybody .
I dont even know how he wins fights
When all he does is get arrested twice a month in different states.
Broner has fast hands, yes. I didn't say he was incapable of putting Porter on the canvas. I just said his potential was exactly where he ended up. A very decent fighter. Having the potential to be "one of the greats" is absolute lunacy. His early career was spent beating up B-tier fighters who were half his size. When the competition got stiffer, and closer to his size, his technical flaws were immediately apparent.

Broner has fast hands, yes. I didn't say he was incapable of putting Porter on the canvas. I just said his potential was exactly where he ended up. A very decent fighter. Having the potential to be "one of the greats" is absolute lunacy. His early career was spent beating up B-tier fighters who were half his size. When the competition got stiffer, and closer to his size, his technical flaws were immediately apparent.
How can you agree both that his potential was achieved and agree he barely trains, and gets drunk/high/arrested before and after every fight multiple times?

Nobody is reaching their potential managing their career like broner.

Just admit you hate the guy and move on. I hate him too, he's POS. see? easy.

How can you agree both that his potential was achieved and agree he barely trains, and gets drunk/high/arrested before and after every fight multiple times?

Nobody is reaching their potential managing their career like broner.

Just admit you hate the guy and move on. I hate him too, he's POS. see? easy.
???? What does this even mean? Him getting arrested has nothing to do with your evaluation of him as being possibly "one of the greats." Even before his legal troubles, he never showed potential on that level. That's the point. I really liked watching him when he was more aggressive. I don't hate the guy.

???? What does this even mean? Him getting arrested has nothing to do with your evaluation of him as being possibly "one of the greats." Even before his legal troubles, he never showed potential on that level. That's the point. I really liked watching him when he was more aggressive. I don't hate the guy.

I get what your saying, but I think maidana killed his fighting spirit. Tbh, that's the last fight he engaged the most. He got knocked down beaten up, came back and started winning rounds and tied it up, only to be knocked down again. He never fought like that again, only in glimpses.

I'll give him a chance at 140, but they need to still ease him back. One more of these kind of guys.

I thought broner won....but it was disappointing that he seemed to struggle with a journeyman. the difference in talent should have been broner knocking this guy out in 4, 5 rounds...instead broner seemed more concerned with defending against shots from the guy instead of taking chances and taking control.

Broner also skipped 140 when it was a shark tank to fight Paulie. Danny, Lucas, Peterson, Provodnikov, Alvarado, Khan, Zab.....and he choses to fight the weakest of the welterweight champions then brag about moving up two weight classes to do it. 140 at that time he's taking multiple L's.

Broner also skipped 140 when it was a shark tank to fight Paulie. Danny, Lucas, Peterson, Provodnikov, Alvarado, Khan, Zab.....and he choses to fight the weakest of the welterweight champions then brag about moving up two weight classes to do it. 140 at that time he's taking multiple L's.
I don’t see Amir Khan headlining dazn or Showtime cards and he has a way better career than Broner and has never won a title against an unknown fighter like Broner did when he beat Alakverdiev

Either PBC and Showtime really like him or someone in his team has major pull to keep his name alive

I don’t see Amir Khan headlining dazn or Showtime cards and he has a way better career than Broner and has never won a title against an unknown fighter like Broner did when he beat Alakverdiev

Either PBC and Showtime really like him or someone in his team has major pull to keep his name alive
For some reason he's a draw or at least somewhat still. I remember @LazaRRus saying he owed a lot of people money. Maybe they're just trying to make it back.

I get what your saying, but I think maidana killed his fighting spirit. Tbh, that's the last fight he engaged the most. He got knocked down beaten up, came back and started winning rounds and tied it up, only to be knocked down again. He never fought like that again, only in glimpses.

I'll give him a chance at 140, but they need to still ease him back. One more of these kind of guys.
Maidana was also the first guy he fought with a punch that he didn't have 10+ pounds on.

If you look at the skill, natural talent and pure athleticism Broner possesses, he really should have been one of the greats. It's just a shame he didn't pick up any of the discipline or boxing IQ from Floyd.

I was pretty high on him early on. Even when he struggled with Ponce De Leon, I looked at it as a learning experience for him. But sadly he's just the kind of fighter who fights down to his opponent's level and doesn't have that "it" factor where he can find a way to win, and I can't imagine him changing now in his 30s.

I'd counterpoint & say he's never been skilled, just flattered by 20-odd fights matched against much smaller guys who couldn't hurt him.

He's been a weight-cheat since day one, enabled by promoters (remember that poor bastard who got like an extra 5k 'cos there was no way Broner could make super-feather?).

Yes, he had handspeed & athleticism & power, but he's never had boxing skills, just physical attributes. He's got a mediocre defence (fights like a Floyd clone but never remembers to get his lead shoulder higher than his rear & squares up terribly, which means he can't dodge right hands properly), a shit workrate & questionable stamina. Zero ring IQ. Strength & speed up the wazzoo, but skills? Nah.

To make something "better" out of him you'd need like an entire brain/personality transplant, & he'd still be beaten by the best he's faced.

It was a catchwwight of 144, thats not a weight class lower not even halfway.

also, overrated? Literally everybody shits on broner, even more than Amir Khan lol.

To be fair, they were mentioning him along with Floyd, Pac and another great fighter I can't recall. He may have the belts but he's not on that level, I think is what people are saying.

Back