I dont see how anyone thought broner lost

Broner has a long way to go to live up to the hype he once had.

I only caught the end of the fight, but I can definitely see how rounds could have gone either way.

Broner did clearly seem to be the technically superior pugialist, but he was either being lazy or wasn’t in shape because he threw so little volume while his opponent was being WAY more active.

I am a big fan of the defensive geniuses of boxing Locche, James Tony, Archie Moore, Willie Pep. And Pep I believe even uses the fact that he won a round without throwing a punch as a bragging point. But his opponent missed pretty damn near every single shot to accomplish that feat and Pep was already clearly in the drivers seat. If you are going to go that route, you better humiliate the opponent to WIN a round whilst landing notably less punches, or land something damaging.

broner should have won with ease, but judging is subjective and some judges will value activity/work rate and aggression over connect percentage, particularly when the volume discrepancy is significant.

It was a catchwwight of 144, thats not a weight class lower not even halfway.

also, overrated? Literally everybody shits on broner, even more than Amir Khan lol.

At one point Broner supposed to be the next big thing. He turned out to be something entirely different.

And didn’t he lose like 10 rounds to Porter and then catch him snoozing in the 11th or something with that punch? Lol.

Broner also skipped 140 when it was a shark tank to fight Paulie. Danny, Lucas, Peterson, Provodnikov, Alvarado, Khan, Zab.....and he choses to fight the weakest of the welterweight champions then brag about moving up two weight classes to do it. 140 at that time he's taking multiple L's.

He still does and it's impossible that he ever even gets close to making it up. At this point people are happy with what they can get

He still does and it's impossible that he ever even gets close to making it up. At this point people are happy with what they can get
Broner just seems like a massive waste of time and energy. No idea what kind of contract he has with PBC but why don't they just have him fight it out then sever ties. He's gotta be a huge headache to deal with. They should wash their hands of him and let him be someone else's problem (pun intended). Is he even a draw anymore?

Back