I Hate John Cena

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Never understood the popularity of him. I understand he is a decent wrestler and after watching peacemaker seem that he has become a decent actor too. But his early gimmicks should have never been popular. He was trash and yet people ain’t that shit up. I can’t stand his ass.

get the fuck out of here with that

naw that is a complement in wrestling. You are supposed to Hate them and Boo them. They are the Bad Guys.

BackVacantHarborseal-size_restricted.gif

I guess I was too old to relate at the time I guess. I remember real heros like String and the Stieners and World Powers.
I was live at an event headlined by a cena maych (can’t ememebr who he was fighting right now) but he lost the maych because the other wrestler cheated and the kid next to me was like 10 I was probably like 25 this was ten years ago and the kid was cheering for cena the whole time while I was booing then when cena lost I turned to the kid and said “cheaters always prosper” and he was really upset lolz

I was a big fan of his early heel rapper gimmick. Also liked how he could keep any crowd in the palm of his hands for any match. Like his ECW One Night Stand match with RVD or his 5 star match with Punk in Chicago, his ability to interact with crowds made those already good matches even better.

Way back in the day I saw a documentary about him when he was training at APW a couple years before he was in WWE, then when I saw him in WWE later it made me want to root for the guy after seeing him in that documentary a couple years earlier.

I liked rapper Cena. I never thought he was a bad in the ring as the dirt sheets claim. Didn't like super Cena, but The Make a Wish stuff was certainly praise worthy. Now though...he sold his soul to China...so fuck him right in the ear.

Never was a fan either. From what I understand, his work ethic is insane and like others said, his Make-A-Wish stuff is pretty amazing.
As a performer though? I didn’t think a lot of his in-ring work, but he was perfectly fine as a heel I thought. His mic work is decent, but not particularly exceptional. You could really see the difference on the mic when he worked those WM programs with The Rock, Rocky was in a whole other league.

Amen. Cant stand him either. His rise and my decline as a fan happened at the same time. Super corny, not a fan of his promos. He could have great matches and got great crowd reactions but I am just not a fan.

China thing is kinda cringe. Lol

I like Roman Reigns and his run on top more than I did Cenas for sure.

Last edited:
He wasn't my favorite, but always seemed like he was working hard. I liked him overall.

Back