I Hate John Cena

Genuinely curious, has Cena ever actually "simped" for the CCP other than this video apology? Are we talking Hanoi Jane type stuff? Endorsing their "government?"

On top of his Make a Wish record and apparently being a hard-working dude, becoming fluent in Mandarin in his spare time, his earlier track record makes me doubt he's really a CCP apologist. I mean I saw him live in Baghdad in 2003 at the WWE Tribute to the Troops and he really carried the show and came off like a genuinely good dude.

But I haven't followed or cared about him since the late 2000's so maybe he is a CCP shill now. But part of me thinks he's just a smart businessman/showman doing what's necessary to continue putting butts in seats.
He just said Taiwan was a country and had to backpedal because Fast and Furious execs shat their pants because China got all pissy.

He just said Taiwan was a country and had to backpedal because Fast and Furious execs shat their pants because China got all pissy.

I saw that and I understand why he's taken flak for it, but is that the only example? Like has he been taking propaganda shots on Chinese aircraft carriers talking up the might of the CCP or some shit?

Genuinely curious, has Cena ever actually "simped" for the CCP other than this video apology? Are we talking Hanoi Jane type stuff? Endorsing their "government?"

On top of his Make a Wish record and apparently being a hard-working dude, becoming fluent in Mandarin in his spare time, his earlier track record makes me doubt he's really a CCP apologist. I mean I saw him live in Baghdad in 2003 at the WWE Tribute to the Troops and he really carried the show and came off like a genuinely good dude.

But I haven't followed or cared about him since the late 2000's so maybe he is a CCP shill now. But part of me thinks he's just a smart businessman/showman doing what's necessary to continue putting butts in seats.
I don't think Cena is an ideological person at all. He is just an extreme WWE loyalist and does everything he has to in order to make sure the WWE can make money. So naturally, he tries to prevent stepping on anybodys toes. The problem is that once he accidentally made a statement that offended anyone, he basically had to choose whether he would rather piss of the CCP or the US fans. He chose pissing off the US fans because they won't cancel business opportunities for WWE over this but will just mock him.

That about sums it up. He is not an overt CCP propagandist like Jackie Chan.

Edit: I don't dislike John Cena by the way.

I saw that and I understand why he's taken flak for it, but is that the only example? Like has he been taking propaganda shots on Chinese aircraft carriers talking up the might of the CCP or some shit?

I don't think so....but I don't follow the guy.

I just watch him do this
peacemaker-dance.gif

I don't think Cena is an ideological person at all. He is just an extreme WWE loyalist and does everything he has to in order to make sure the WWE can make money. So naturally, he tries to prevent stepping on anybodys toes. The problem is that once he accidentally made a statement that offended anyone, he basically had to choose whether he would rather piss of the CCP or the US fans. He chose pissing off the US fans because they won't cancel business opportunities for WWE over this but will just mock him.

That about sums it up. He is not an overt CCP propagandist like Jackie Chan.

Edit: I don't dislike John Cena by the way.

This is pretty much my take on him as well. But I think there's a 0% chance he did that apology (over a year ago) on his own behalf without first consulting with some PR folks and possibly with/through Fast & Furious execs. He's out there to win the crowd and make some money doing so. But it's hard to hate on a dude who's done 650 Make a Wish visits (almost 3 times anyone else) and apparently has never turned down a request in 20 years.

https://www.globalheroes.com/john-cena-make-a-wish-foundation/

This is pretty much my take on him as well. But I think there's a 0% chance he did that apology (over a year ago) on his own behalf without first consulting with some PR folks and possibly with/through Fast & Furious execs. He's out there to win the crowd and make some money doing so. But it's hard to hate on a dude who's done 650 Make a Wish visits (almost 3 times anyone else) and apparently has never turned down a request in 20 years.

https://www.globalheroes.com/john-cena-make-a-wish-foundation/
He also has never once shit on WWE fans or called them "entitled" or whatever for booing him and calling him a boring shit wrestler. He seems to have an extremely solid work ethic and determination on doing his best to please everyone.

It's pretty impressive he can off the top of his head whip out statements like this in interviews:

He also has never once shit on WWE fans or called them "entitled" or whatever for booing him and calling him a boring shit wrestler. He seems to have an extremely solid work ethic and determination on doing his best to please everyone.

It's pretty impressive he can off the top of his head whip out statements like this in interviews:

I knew nothing about his background but just looked up his wiki and apparently he went to a swanky boarding school in Massachusetts before playing college football. Definitely comes off smart and a polished speaker. He's great at targeting his pitch to the intended audience. At the 2003 house show in Iraq, I remember he gave a NSFW spiel about wanting to pick up and FU Big Show and then get in Stacy Keibler's (or maybe it was Sable's) pants and do the same to her. The junior enlisted guys loved it.

I always thought his wrestling gimmicks were stupid as hell but he somehow pulled them off. Has great EQ for sure. He's like a smooth-talking salesman that you're not quite sure if he's selling you snake oil or is just a good dude being himself.

I knew nothing about his background but just looked up his wiki and apparently he went to a swanky boarding school in Massachusetts before playing college football. Definitely comes off smart and a polished speaker. He's great at targeting his pitch to the intended audience. At the 2003 house show in Iraq, I remember he gave a NSFW spiel about wanting to pick up and FU Big Show and then get in Stacy Keibler's (or maybe it was Sable's) pants and do the same to her. The junior enlisted guys loved it.

I always thought his wrestling gimmicks were stupid as hell but he somehow pulled them off. Has great EQ for sure. He's like a smooth-talking salesman that you're not quite sure if he's selling you snake oil or is just a good dude being himself.
If you look at the subtle details when he's talking, you'll also notice things like him doing finger quotations and rolling his eyes a little when he says "sports entertainment" and then with a straight face adds "and / or wrestling", making sure nobody gets angry at him calling it sports entertainment while at the same time making sure Vinnie Mac is happy that he named "sports entertainment" first as a seperate thing to wrestling.

Cena also doesn't get enough credit for putting in effort to improve upon what is usually criticised about him. After that whole "5 Moves of Doom" meme got so popular that it became an achievement in the WWE All Stars video game, he actually tried doing different things in his matches from 2012 or so onwards (huracánranas and even a weird springboard stunner on a regular basis, which i had never seen before) while still finishing with his moves of Doom sequence to keep existing fans happy. With someone like Cena, who never really moved like a natural in the ring, it's clear to me that he actually put in work to get better at this.

If someone like Hulk Hogan was as reliable as John Cena, that would pretty much be the absolute best any company could want out of an employee. Because of this though, it's basically impossible to say if John Cena is unironically a CCP supporter or not, because even if he was, he would make damn sure to try not being overt about it. I wouldn't be surprised either way, because while he clearly is not a malicious person who wants people Tiananmen squared, a lot of people who spend extensive amounts of time with the high society in red China buy into their narrative points because that is all they are ever exposed to and it's easier to believe what you see with your own eyes.

If you look at the subtle details when he's talking, you'll also notice things like him doing finger quotations and rolling his eyes a little when he says "sports entertainment" and then with a straight face adds "and / or wrestling", making sure nobody gets angry at him calling it sports entertainment while at the same time making sure Vinnie Mac is happy that he named "sports entertainment" first as a seperate thing to wrestling.

Cena also doesn't get enough credit for putting in effort to improve upon what is usually criticised about him. After that whole "5 Moves of Doom" meme got so popular that it became an achievement in the WWE All Stars video game, he actually tried doing different things in his matches from 2012 or so onwards (huracánranas and even a weird springboard stunner on a regular basis, which i had never seen before) while still finishing with his moves of Doom sequence to keep existing fans happy. With someone like Cena, who never really moved like a natural in the ring, it's clear to me that he actually put in work to get better at this.

If someone like Hulk Hogan was as reliable as John Cena, that would pretty much be the absolute best any company could want out of an employee. Because of this though, it's basically impossible to say if John Cena is unironically a CCP supporter or not, because even if he was, he would make damn sure to try not being overt about it. I wouldn't be surprised either way, because while he clearly is not a malicious person who wants people Tiananmen squared, a lot of people who spend extensive amounts of time with the high society in red China buy into their narrative points because that is all they are ever exposed to and it's easier to believe what you see with your own eyes.

I don't think he wishes harm or oppression on anyone but yeah, he comes off like the ultimate company PR man who doesn't want to offend anyone. I do think he genuinely enjoys putting on a show and making kids happy (ditto for a lot of pro wrestlers despite a heel persona). One thing I've always respected was him never claiming to be natty. Despite being asked many times over the years if he disavows steroids, he's always diplomatically avoided the question or refused to answer. He surely knows kids around the world would love to hear him say he's natty, but he also knows how ridiculous that would sound to anyone knowledgeable, as well as being a lie.

Last edited:
Him making hundreds of dying children happy makes up for his kissing communist ass. I mean he’s a man whore but that’s the extent of his evil. Everybody doing a Saudi show is also a Ho.

Him making hundreds of dying children happy makes up for his kissing communist ass. I mean he’s a man whore but that’s the extent of his evil. Everybody doing a Saudi show is also a Ho.
And you'd know about ho's.

He is the definition of a toy soldier.

He is the definition of a toy soldier.

We're all toy soldiers in one form or another. This dude's job is being an entertainer and putting butts in seats - he's not a State Department spokesperson or even openly political. His job at the time was promoting the movie he just starred in so he and the production he worked for could make money. And he was targeting the Chinese market. I mean he would have been an absolute moron and failing miserably at his job if he had just said, "To all my Chinese friends, I said Taiwan was a country and I didn't stutter! It is, MFers!!! All you commie bitches can STFU! America Fuck Yeah and that's the way it is!!!"

If he made a habit of these kinds of "apologies," I'd get the hate but based only on this one statement, this is the same kind of thing these cancel culture idiots are doing because someone else disagrees with their politics.

We're all toy soldiers in one form or another. This dude's job is being an entertainer and putting butts in seats - he's not a State Department spokesperson or even openly political. His job at the time was promoting the movie he just starred in so he and the production he worked for could make money. And he was targeting the Chinese market. What was he supposed to say? "To all my Chinese friends, I said Taiwan was a country and I didn't stutter! It is, MFers!!! All you commie bitches can STFU! America Fuck Yeah and that's the way it is!!!"

Had he done that, he would have been a moron and failing miserably at his job. If he made a habit of these kinds of "apologies," I'd get the hate but based only on this one statement, this is the same kind of thing these cancel culture idiots are doing because someone else disagrees with their politics.

It’s great that you care this much in all seriousness.

Clearly Cena means a lot to you. You can have this one bro. I didn’t say shit controversial. He’s a toy soldier. It’s clear as day. Nothing to go back and forth over.

It’s great that you care this much in all seriousness.

Clearly Cena means a lot to you. You can have this one bro. I didn’t say shit controversial. He’s a toy soldier. It’s clear as day. Nothing to go back and forth over.

Lol apologies if my wording came off hot. Thought you were hating on him for it. Maybe we're saying the same thing in that the guy is willing to flip flop but aren't judging him for it because it's his job. I haven't cared about this dude in years but based on what I've heard lately, he's still OK in my book because he's just a PR man doing his thing.

Last edited:
I can't imagine what goes through you head if a dying kids last wish is to meet you.

Could be soul sucking.

For sure. Dude's a businessman and a capitalist, but no amount of money or perks would be worth dealing with that 650 times if he didn't genuinely like making kids happy.

Back