I have 3 weeks to get good at running. What should I do?

Turns out I'm a piece of shit in other areas so the running test ain't happening
<36>

Sounds like a do or die situation.

Buy a wild and aggressive dog and have it chase you. You'll either rapidly improve your running, or you will die trying

Start running. Don't make it complicated. Forget length, sprints, any of it. Just go out and run. If you have somewhere nice to run with scenery all the better. Enjoy the views, focus on your breathing and use it as a time to clear your mind.

It's a mile and a half in 19 minutes. I know I can probably walk half and sprint half and finish with time left. I just don't want to feel like shit doing it. Will take this advice, thank you

I know i'm late , and I'm not a regular in this section but i recognize you from the arcade section so he's my take...

Last November i got on the treadmill and ran at a pace i felt comfortable at for as long as i could. I ran for about 16 minutes and ran 2.25km. Now i run once a week and i run 10km before stopping.

My advice is just run once every 2 days and just try get to a certain distance in a faster time each time you run OR don't look at the time and just run further each time. By the time it comes to your test you'll be able to push through it.

Not that i know a lot about running cuz i hate it and i used to get shin splints, but when i had to, i just worked it up..

We had a track, so id run either the straight aways or curves and walk the opposite. When i built enough wind, i jogged 1, walked 1, yadda yadda. I found, much like stretching, this is something that improves quickly, unlike strength training.

Skinny mind fat body is not good buddy.
I applied for something I wasn't qualified for but thought since there's a "worker shortage" I'd get in. I didn't have the right complexion or genitalia for immediate consideration. I'm on a waiting list instead.

I applied for something I wasn't qualified for but thought since there's a "worker shortage" I'd get in. I didn't have the right complexion or genitalia for immediate consideration. I'm on a waiting list instead.

Yes I'm sure it was all because you're not a black gay woman, and not because you're unqualified.

Have you considered that it was because you aren't qualified? That seems like a big stumbling block.

Back