I have a date on weds

I imagine they both wanted to see the movie. They won't know if they like each other until they actually spend some time together. This just helps as an icebreaker rather than heading straight to dinner or for drinks. If they aren't feeling each other it's not a big deal, can still have a good night.
No. Bollocks. Awkward as fuck if you don't like each other, and how do you REALLY know if you can't chat to begin with?
It's a terrible first date.
If you need an ice breaker like sitting in silence for 2 hours and expecting another couple of hours potentially after that, then you put far too much faith in first dates with someone you just met at a party only.

Wait for the awkward silence moment (or create one) then say "So...um, wanna make out?" Then make out. Works every time half the time.

If the drinks and tapas go well, then you have more drinks and tapas.

I'm sure there'll be enough other people going to watch it on their own.

I'm not wholely disagreeing with you that a movie (much less MK) may not be the optimal 1st date choice, but, he said they met at a party, maybe they spent some time and connected, different than let's say a random internet date or recommended by friends/random passing connection.

And dudes goals seem very short term....

It's not like he's asking her to watch MMA fights and check out his medieval weapons after a 100+ dollar dinner, then buying her a phallus shaped candle....

I'm not wholely disagreeing with you that a movie (much less MK) may not be the optimal 1st date choice, but, he said they met at a party, maybe they spent some time and connected, different than let's say a random internet date or recommended by friends/random passing connection.

And dudes goals seem very short term....

It's not like he's asking her to watch MMA fights and check out his medieval weapons after a 100+ dollar dinner, then buying her a phallus shaped candle....
This is his first date in a year, I think Cupid's been shooting arrows in his dick rather than anywhere else in his local vicinity. Him talking about just wanting to get laid is complete bravado, or complete fabrication.

You guys should ask him his definition of thick.
<FutbolThink>

As someone who talks to @ironkhan57 on the daily on Instagram whether I want to or not. Perhaps some kind of event where the pretend to be deaf mutes would be best.
Given that IK treats his dad like absolute shit, I think it's a good thing he's not going there asking for a discount. His dad would probably steal the girl and give IK a new sibling.

I would read that thread.
We need entertainment in here. Go IKs dad!

This is his first date in a year, I think Cupid's been shooting arrows in his dick rather than anywhere else in his local vicinity. Him talking about just wanting to get laid is complete bravado, or complete fabrication.

At least he met her in the real world and obviously did enough to get some one on one time? ....if this is all true. And not judging, some folks just wanna get laid...

I don't know why anyone bothers going to the movies for a first date, you aren't a teenager in the 1950's.

Haha, I mentioned small plates/tapas and drinks. In your scenario you already know the chick so 2 hours enjoying food, wine and company is cool. His scenario he's taking his date to a really fucking romantic film and picking her up in his "whip" to add a touch of class.
"Get over here" could be romantic. So could a scenic drive to the theater in a jalopy. Who am I to judge? o_O

"Get over here" could be romantic. So could a scenic drive to the theater in a jalopy. Who am I to judge? o_O
Are you implying that quoting movies could be romantic?
For instance if I were to go on a hot date and drop her home only to start chopping her front door down with an axe, put my face through the door I've cut away and go "Here's Johnny!" she may find it romantic?

No. Bollocks. Awkward as fuck if you don't like each other, and how do you REALLY know if you can't chat to begin with?
It's a terrible first date.
If you need an ice breaker like sitting in silence for 2 hours and expecting another couple of hours potentially after that, then you put far too much faith in first dates with someone you just met at a party only.

They met at a party so they have both already passed the initial test and have now agreed to go out on a date. There is interest on both sides. They both could enjoy going to the movies and if they want to start their night with one, nothing wrong with that and like I said it gives them another thing to talk about after. If they wind up realizing their isn't anything there they can still have a good night out.

If you want to go to a place that requires the least amount of commitment so you can be in and out if you're not feeling them that's your prerogative. I personally like to go out and have a good time and make the best of what ever situation I am in. Even if that person is not a good match I can still have a good night out.

Are you implying that quoting movies could be romantic?
For instance if I were to go on a hot date and drop her home only to start chopping her front door down with an axe, put my face through the door I've cut away and go "Here's Johnny!" she may find it romantic?
It's all in the delivery, but yeah. Some women might appreciate a fella chopping down their front door to woo em.

I was more commenting on how Mortal Kombat might not be the best first date movie.

We're all rooting for @ironkhan57 in this instance but lets be honest the way his threads go this will end one of 5 ways
1. They actually work out and have a solid relationship for a few years
2. She breaks his car window or steals his car
3. She has her 15 year old brother beat him up and take his wallet
4. They fight each other on UFL and IK gets knocked down several times
5. He fights a guy for $10 gas money and the guy takes the win and the girl.

I thought dating went out in the 1990s, now it's all online. No? Virtual sex is in. Touching someone? Ewwww!

They met at a party so they have both already passed the initial test and have now agreed to go out on a date. There is interest on both sides. They both could enjoy going to the movies and if they want to start their night with one, nothing wrong with that and like I said it gives them another thing to talk about after. If they wind up realizing their isn't anything there they can still have a good night out.

If you want to go to a place that requires the least amount of commitment so you can be in and out if you're not feeling them that's your prerogative. I personally like to go out and have a good time and make the best of what ever situation I am in. Even if that person is not a good match I can still have a good night out.
And I've been on enough first dates where I can't wait to get out of there as soon as I can but I'm too polite to not at least see it through to what the agreed plan is. Which if I'm not into it is far too long. And no. You don't "have a good night", if you're not into it but the other person is. Do you have that conversation? That sounds pleasant.

That's why if you're feeling it after a couple of drinks you hang around for a bit and see how it flies, have more cocktails. Committing to that much time is just too much and I would feel completely claustrophobic, and who's to say that meeting at a party means that meeting together on their own is going to be remotely the same feeling?

We're all rooting for @ironkhan57 in this instance but lets be honest the way his threads go this will end one of 5 ways
1. They actually work out and have a solid relationship for a few years
2. She breaks his car window or steals his car
3. She has her 15 year old brother beat him up and take his wallet
4. They fight each other on UFL and IK gets knocked down several times
5. He fights a guy for $10 gas money and the guy takes the win and the girl.
His dad's bending her over, she's smacking her head on the pizza oven and they're taking her body out to the car in a rolled up carpet at this point.

His dad's bending her over, she's smacking her head on the pizza oven and they're taking her body out to the car in a rolled up carpet at this point.
Father son relations patched up.
<{shaqs}>

Good luck bro! and I'm asking for all of us here in the gayberry - SHARE PICTURES! your sex tape too! ;)

So I have a date on weds with a girl I met at a party. Although this is my first date in like a year last year I went on a date with a girl from the Bronx now I’m going on a date with a girl from newark. Any advice anyone wants to gimme? We’re going to see the MK movie on weds. And this girl is thick as hell bruh like I’m hoping to get lucky.

Yeah. Have fun. I think you will. She already likes you enough to hang out.

Back