Social I have covid 19 :(

You had covid too? How was it for you bro?

Well pretty much my whole family lives with me now. So me, the wife, the kids, and the in-laws got it. Only one who didn’t was my mother.

Kids felt like they had colds. I had flu like for 3 days. My wife who is immune compromised was bed ridden for 4 days legit and down for about a week. Both my in laws wound up in the hospital. My father in law bounced back okay for a 91 year old. My mother in law who is also immune compromised like my wife had it the worst. Two hospital stays and developed blood clots in the lungs. She’s been on home oxygen since November going from completely independent and somewhat healthy.

Needless to say, the whole house got vaccinated when they could.

It's still not difficult to "contract" any infectious disease even if you are vaccinated. Whether or not you actually get sick is a different story. I mean, my wife tested positive after getting the vaccine. Zero symptoms of course.

well, the only thing i felt was a tingling sensation all over my body later that saturday night. but it only made me sleepy, and i woke up the next morning feeling totally fine.

tenor.gif

man, i must have lucked out. i got my vaccine this past weekend on saturday, the johnson & johnson one, and i didn't have any side-effects. well, the only thing i felt was a tingling sensation all over my body later that saturday night. but it only made me sleepy, and i woke up the next morning feeling totally fine. and it's the one and done shot, so i'm good now.
Took me a week to have any side effects and apart from the chills that might be due to working too much.

Well pretty much my whole family lives with me now. So me, the wife, the kids, and the in-laws got it. Only one who didn’t was my mother.

Kids felt like they had colds. I had flu like for 3 days. My wife who is immune compromised was bed ridden for 4 days legit and down for about a week. Both my in laws wound up in the hospital. My father in law bounced back okay for a 91 year old. My mother in law who is also immune compromised like my wife had it the worst. Two hospital stays and developed blood clots in the lungs. She’s been on home oxygen since November going from completely independent and somewhat healthy.

Needless to say, the whole house got vaccinated when they could.
Christ that's horrible having the whole household get it, nd get it so badly :(

I had it back in January.

Took me a week to have any side effects and apart from the chills that might be due to working too much.

you got the johnson & johnson one too? you didn't feel sick until a week later? oh damn, then i guess i still need to prepare myself for something.

you got the johnson & johnson one too? you didn't feel sick until a week later? oh damn, then i guess i still need to prepare myself for something.
No, sorry. The Pfizer. It only really lasted half a day. Extreme fatigue and chills, but no temperature. I was fine till then but again by the time I got home it was a lot better and I was fine the next morning.

I got the J&J vaccine and didn't even have as much as a sore arm. The whole covid thing is really strange on account of how much differently people can react to it, whether being the vaccine or the disease itself.

I know two people that died from covid, then on the other hand my 17 year old niece got it and had flu like symptoms, but didn't spread it to my sister (her mother) during their 2 weeks of quarantine. She was tested 3 times too.

Last edited:
No, sorry. The Pfizer. It only really lasted half a day. Extreme fatigue and chills, but no temperature. I was fine till then but again by the time I got home it was a lot better and I was fine the next morning.

gotcha. by the way, i was at santana row this past weekend after i got my shot, and man that place is happening! super busy out there now, with all kinds of shops, bars, restaurants, etc. i think that's the place where you really see the silicon valley money in use. about half the cars in the parking lot were teslas, and at least three ferrari's drove by while i was having drinks with a friend at an irish pub.

I got the J&J vaccine and didn't even have as much as a sore arm. The whole covid thing is really strange on account of how much differently people can react to it, whether being the vaccine or the disease itself.

I know two people that died from it, then on the other hand my 17 year old niece got it and had flu like symptoms, but didn't spread it to my sister (her mother) during their 2 weeks of quarantine. She was tested 3 times too.

interesting. yeah, aside from a bit of a sore arm and feeling a bit tired that night, no other symptoms. i have my fingers crossed lol.

gotcha. by the way, i was at santana row this past weekend after i got my shot, and man that place is happening! super busy out there now, with all kinds of shops, bars, restaurants, etc. i think that's the place where you really see the silicon valley money in use. about half the cars in the parking lot were teslas, and at least three ferrari's drove by while i was having drinks with a friend at an irish pub.
My company's moving to Santana Row next month hence me working flat out for the last few weeks. Flippin GIGANTIC office and it's right opposite my margarita bar which is dangerous. But yeah the restaurant and bar scene in Santana Row's my favourite in the area and I really like that Irish bar. We've all pretty much decided we're going to put on a few pounds having all that choice at our finger tips. My favourite Indian place is really close by and the cinema is next door if that all gets back to normal again. So really handy, we're in the middle of nowhere in Sunnyvale so it'll be a nice change.

You had covid too? How was it for you bro?
I think a lot of us already had.

I tested positive september of last year and had no symptoms. Got tested because a coworker got sick and we were all Covid 19 positive.
I think the 2nd wave here is a new Covid because people is getting sicker than before. A girl who works with me had it in december and again in april and the second time it was way worse.

Hope you and your family get better soon brother.

Last edited:
My company's moving to Santana Row next month hence me working flat out for the last few weeks. Flippin GIGANTIC office and it's right opposite my margarita bar which is dangerous. But yeah the restaurant and bar scene in Santana Row's my favourite in the area and I really like that Irish bar. We've all pretty much decided we're going to put on a few pounds having all that choice at our finger tips. My favourite Indian place is really close by and the cinema is next door if that all gets back to normal again. So really handy, we're in the middle of nowhere in Sunnyvale so it'll be a nice change.

yeah, that's pretty lucky with your company moving over there. i'll definitely be hanging around there more often.