I Have Money Riding On JAKE PAUL

True, figured people learned their lesson the first time
we havent seen a whole lot from jake to be fair. even askren landed a counter on him. i think things have swung back the other way and people are now overestimating jake as some kind of great boxer even though we have very little evidence. people even saying he's a better boxer than conor lol. based on what? we have hardly seen jake box. it can only be based on jake hyping himself. there's little else to go on

in the youtuber fights that went longer he didnt look great but that was a couple of years ago. we really dont know how jake will look when it goes beyond the first round and hes in there against somebody who can actually punch. so far he has fought youtubers, an nba player, and ben askew. this will be a good test for him, we will see how he does. i can see it going to a decision easily. cardio alone could be a big factor. tyron isnt exactly a cardio machine but he has way more experience fighting under pressure and knows what it feels like like to go into the later rounds

I wish this were true.... I don't think TW "should" do that. I wish he "would" do that, sure.... but no way he should.

He isn't as good a boxer as Jake from what we've seen, his recent training clips doesn't make him seem like he's gotten much better, he has a style that a good boxer can overcome fairly easily (Jake may not be a "good" boxer but he's probably good enough to capitalize), he gasses, his heart is very questionable, he looks like he's here for a cheque, he hasn't won a fight in a good while, he's allegedly not training as hard as Paul, he's smaller, and he only has one real boxing weapon that we've ever seen. And we've never seen it used successfully against a boxer.

So I really don't see how TW has more than a puncher's chance with his "big overhand right" (which has pulled his shoulder at least once or twice in a match). He can certainly possibly win, but I just don't see that realistically happening.

As much as I sympathize with TW, I expect the odds are generally correct and that he should be an underdog in this. And, sadly, I expect him to lose. By KO.

But where we DO agree is that, like you, I hope he wins. But I think you'll just make a little money is all.
this is a good quality post.
All excellent points and I'm in general agreement with how it's likely to go on Sunday night.

if Woodley had anything to gain from beating Paul, I would bet on him in a heartbeat. But he doesn't. What's he gonna gain from beating him? A fight against his brother?
<{Joewithit}>

<KhabibBS>

I dont know why but theres a healthy percentage of the mma community that thinks Tyron has boxing chops to sit on
.He doesn't. Hes heavy handed ( if connects ) but I'd favor Paul here. Tyron picking up that cheese.

I just dont see Tyron honoring this tattoo thing ( if he should lose ).

Tyron and diaz bros are best boxers in mma he should take this easily

I’m not the biggest fan of Woodley due the numerous snoozers and frustrating performances he put on, even in his prime. If anything is good and holy in this world, however, he should snatch Jake Paul’s jaw and soul this weekend. I consider this bet on Paul insurance against the most depressing possibility.

I suppose that is one way to not leave disappointed, regardless of what happens :D

I honestly have no idea what to expect. A Woodley win is 'good for MMA' and restores some order in the combat sports world, I suppose...but a Paul win will trigger Dana, keep the Paul vs. Dana/Conor/etc. antics going, and the lulz of this whole thing might actually be more entertaining than the matches themselves.

I guess I will stick with my usual criteria for being satisfied...a controversy-free outcome after an entertaining match.

if Woodley had anything to gain from beating Paul, I would bet on him in a heartbeat. But he doesn't. What's he gonna gain from beating him? A fight against his brother?
He has developed a style of lying to himself to spare himself hard truths. Paul seems to just show up and work harder than your average YouTuber (which I don't think TW is even doing). TW has been telling us all stories about regaining the title and being "the best WW champion of all time" or "in the world" while losing fights where we frustratingly saw him back up against the fence and get handled over and over and over.

I feel this task would require a stronger mind state than he's evidencing. Jake seems humble and has nothing to protect. TW seems delusional in order to protect his self image. It's a bad look for him.

To let the fighting world he is Not completely washed up. <Moves>
But what if he is completely washed up? Then what?

Then he collects a cheque with his chin. I expect to see that on Sun but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Easy money.

There is no chance Woodley wins. He has one good punch and he hasn’t even been able to land it in years in MMA, he has no chance of landing it on a boxer. Woodleys boxing is sloppy even by MMA standards.

Everyone focuses way too much on semantics like MMA fighter vs Youtuber instead of using logic. Paul is younger, bigger and trains purely for boxing.

A fight against his brother would be another solid pay day for him. Considering he blew his earnings on dumb shit, that'd probably be good motivation for him.

Bra, all Woodley has is a lunging power right-hand. And there is no guarantee that the power translates to 10oz gloves.

Woodley is tough to finish with mma gloves. I think he will survive the first few rounds and then they both will gas, clench and ride to a decision. Odds are stupid for FGTD and Paul by decision. I have a couple of bets there. I plan on watching for cash out opportunities during the fight.

DED33498-1210-4781-8256-026E95EA67F5.jpeg 4BA704BA-9C66-401D-B7AC-18322CDF842D.jpeg F5B2A26D-36E6-401C-AEA5-1C13F9CC6483.jpeg 392C2930-9CA9-4679-8525-C81535495D2E.jpeg 54593D5E-2BCA-4A8C-A357-6E56AFBA335A.jpeg

but theres a healthy percentage of the mma community that thinks Tyron has boxing chops to sit on
Come on. I haven't seen many people favouring Tyron. Someone should make a poll.
wink wink suckers who pay

But what if he is completely washed up? Then what?

Then he collects a cheque with his chin. I expect to see that on Sun but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Well thats the point of the fight so i guess we wll see. Hope not either.

They're the same ones who said Askren would win then started crying that it was rigged after he got flattened. There's a lot of MMA fans who seemingly don't understand why certain things work and why certain fighters are successful which is why they assume their success will carry over into another sport
They’re like little kids who think their dad is invincible lol

Come on. I haven't seen many people favouring Tyron. Someone should make a poll.
wink wink suckers who pay
That's true now - absolutely but I wish there was a poll when fight was first announced and BEFORE anyone saw odds on fight.

It's kinda crazy that Paul is -200 favorite against Woodley when he was an underdog against a guy who has same level of boxing as CM Punk.

It's kinda crazy that Paul is -200 favorite against Woodley when he was an underdog against a guy who has same level of boxing as CM Punk.
You mean Askren? Paul was favored to win that fight by the night of the fight.

Everyone focuses way too much on semantics like MMA fighter vs Youtuber instead of using logic. Paul is younger, bigger and trains purely for boxing.

Its still a guy who is only 3-0 (against non boxers) facing a former UFC champion. Woodley would have looked like a beast and KO'd those 3 opponents in the same fashion so there are still really a lot of unknowns coming into this fight. I would play Jake at even odds but not at -200.

Back