I love Strickland, but he has zero chance

He has a very real chance

If Dricus can't get him out of there in the first 2, the momentum might swing the other way.
That's the other wild card here IMO.

Strickland doesn't train at the gym. He just shows up and fights for a few hours.

Everything from his acclimation to taking punches to the very specific kind of cardio needed for a fight is at the highest level with Strickland. DDP strikes me as the type of guy who spends more time at the weights specifically trying to build targeted muscle groups.

No idea which way this is gonna go, but a longer fight favors Strickland for sure. He can go 10 rounds. Easy.

Dricus doesn't look like he is unbeatable in any matchup and Sean is a very good fighter. He absolutely can win.

Saying someone has zero chance in a sport like MMA in a fight that doesn't include CM Punk is just foolish.

Wish I bettet 50 euros on Dricus, he is a big favorite. Was even underdog in the odds. Irl me say he should be -400

Strickland is a very fun fighter and had a great performance against back peddaling 36 year old Izzy who overlooked Sean... but against a really girthy South African who has size, speed, wrestling, and as evident against Whittaker, KO power, this is a VERY bad match for Strickland. DDP will meet Strickland in the middle and Strickland has NO CHANCE in hell. Izzy was a completely different stylistic match that favored Sean, this fight? not so much

I am not a betting man, but the odds are very juiced for Strickland because of his fight against Izzy and his recent popularity. Take DDP and thank me later
What do you think so far poopsie?

Back