I think i hit my coach too hard

• Thread starter Deleted member 584792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 584792

He is a lightweight and im a heavyweight i have a fight in a month so he told me if i wanted to spar few rounds

we did 3 rounds we where light sparring being in a really good shape that day at the second round i started throwing fast punches that had power beacause of the speed (i wasnt trying to go hard) i hit him few times in the head and once behind accidentally i immidiatly apologized we continued, the third round he started putting pressure on me at the end of the last round i got an adrenaline rush and gave him a fast 7 punch combo and felt his skull hit my hand he looked at me in a weird way at the end i thanked him of couse and asked him for advice one of his teammate asked me if i wanted to kill him as a joke thats when i knew iv been to hard (he of course dominated technically etc)

i dont know if he did this in purpose beacause of my fight to give me confidence or i was being an asshole maybe both
one hour later i did mma rounds with lower levels and felt def weaker and less effective even took bad punches

tomorrow im sparring again with one of his teamate its going a heavy session this time, any advice from experience ?

Get ready to get your ass beat. That guy's buddy is gonna kick the shit out of you. It would be hilarious if you're sparring the same teammate that asked if you were trying to kill him, lool. Tell me it's the same guy, I will come to that sparring session if it is loooool.

GL!

Get ready to get your ass beat. That guy's buddy is gonna kick the shit out of you. It would be hilarious if you're sparring the same teammate that asked if you were trying to kill him, lool. Tell me it's the same guy, I will come to that sparring session if it is loooool.

GL!

Fortunately its not him but after my fight i would def and spar with him and send u the video if you want x)

He is a lightweight and im a heavyweight i have a fight in a month so he told me if i wanted to spar few rounds

we did 3 rounds we where light sparring being in a really good shape that day at the second round i started throwing fast punches that had power beacause of the speed (i wasnt trying to go hard) i hit him few times in the head and once behind accidentally i immidiatly apologized we continued, the third round he started putting pressure on me at the end of the last round i got an adrenaline rush and gave him a fast 7 punch combo and felt his skull hit my hand he looked at me in a weird way at the end i thanked him of couse and asked him for advice one of his teammate asked me if i wanted to kill him as a joke thats when i knew iv been to hard (he of course dominated technically etc)

i dont know if he did this in purpose beacause of my fight to give me confidence or i was being an asshole maybe both
one hour later i did mma rounds with lower levels and felt def weaker and less effective even took bad punches

tomorrow im sparring again with one of his teamate its going a heavy session this time, any advice from experience ?

He’s only got himself to blame if he’s a LW, stepping in with a HW. I used to regularly spar heavies but I’m nearly 6ft3 and naturally between lhw/CW. There wasn’t many other guys at my weight.

So, you smacked around an old guy a hundred pounds less than you.

How will this prepare you for you upcoming fight?
I
It wasnt an old guy at all he was 25 something ike that and had lot amateur fights if im not wrong anyway the guy could beat the shit out of me i felt that he wasnt even 50% of his capacity the only shots that i landed where not that easy tbh but still felt bad because of the power

He’s only got himself to blame if he’s a LW, stepping in with a HW. I used to regularly spar heavies but I’m nearly 6ft3 and naturally between lhw/CW. There wasn’t many other guys at my weight.

The sparring was really with good intetions from either me or him at the really start we where just touching he knew i had a fight no one was available thats when he told me forgot to mention it

The sparring was really with good intetions from either me or him at the really start we where just touching he knew i had a fight no one was available thats when he told me forgot to mention it
So what happened? I want an update. Did dude take it out on you or did you behave yourself this time?

Honestly, bro. If I were you I would be upset and self reflective with myself. Sparring is learning, not fighting.

I mean, like 10% of the time, when ramping up for the real deal, it should feel like fighting so you learn how to manage that intensity, pain, pressure, and figure out your limits for growth. But what you were doing didn't seem like it should have, at any point, elevated.

hard to say, personally, i just stopped sparring for reasons like that. Male ego always comes out unless there is a strong voice around. why don't you just talk about it with him instead of asking us? Tell him how you feel and apologize. If you want to be any good, you need people around you can be open and vulnerable with, work on weaknesses and strength with. It was never easy for me to find. I used to read about how ali was pals with all his sparring partners and he had some good ones to learn from, even welterweights who he would only work on defense with. Our society today is more confrontational and competitive than it was even 50 years ago so I don't know if that can be found. When I meet a decent person who complains about the bullshit I just tell them that they won't find a good situation with decent people. Now, that may sound negative but times are different, people are different and this sport is different. It's very frustrating trying to improve and learn when you have someone tight, tense, overcompetitive it's also difficult when you have to work with amateurs and they are immature in the sport and you have to try not to hurt them while you deal with all their energy.

So what happened? I want an update. Did dude take it out on you or did you behave yourself this time?

I will come back next week for an other sparring session i will let you know what happened
Honestly, bro. If I were you I would be upset and self reflective with myself. Sparring is learning, not fighting.

I mean, like 10% of the time, when ramping up for the real deal, it should feel like fighting so you learn how to manage that intensity, pain, pressure, and figure out your limits for growth. But what you were doing didn't seem like it should have, at any point, elevated.

I was not happy about it it was not a fight in my mind but testosterone hit hard sometimes i didnt spar alot too its difficult to find hw so i dont have good control and not used to reduce my speed in sparring i need more rounds and time, next time i will be more careful or just do touch going slow its boring but at least i can work my technique
hard to say, personally, i just stopped sparring for reasons like that. Male ego always comes out unless there is a strong voice around. why don't you just talk about it with him instead of asking us? Tell him how you feel and apologize. If you want to be any good, you need people around you can be open and vulnerable with, work on weaknesses and strength with. It was never easy for me to find. I used to read about how ali was pals with all his sparring partners and he had some good ones to learn from, even welterweights who he would only work on defense with. Our society today is more confrontational and competitive than it was even 50 years ago so I don't know if that can be found. When I meet a decent person who complains about the bullshit I just tell them that they won't find a good situation with decent people. Now, that may sound negative but times are different, people are different and this sport is different. It's very frustrating trying to improve and learn when you have someone tight, tense, overcompetitive it's also difficult when you have to work with amateurs and they are immature in the sport and you have to try not to hurt them while you deal with all their energy.

I see what u are talking about but in thiz case it wasnt really about ego i hit him few times like 3-5 max ( hard ones) not enough to talk about it in the moment he saw that i didnt do it on purpose he knew i h1d energy so i believe he understood because he didnt go harder after that, u right abt the ego guys u dont learn with them i try to avoid them in this period i dont want to get injured cauz of them but in way if u want to challenge urself they could be an asset but most of them its usuless brain damage

Back