Media "I want Khamzat to stay at 170"

WAR Gilbert

Really hope he gets the big Dec 10 fight with Jorge. Smells like BS that they haven't announced anything though, so I fear the worst.

Sure, but only if it was for the belt. IMHO.

I dont think jorge wants the fight

Maybe he secretly wants Khamzat to dethrone Usman (should Usman beat Leon in the rematch), so that Burns has another shot at becoming champ

Burns is one of the most sensible man in the ufc and a hell of a fighter.
His fight against Chimaev was one of the most entertaining fight I'd seen for a very long time.

I'd like him to stay at 170 as well for the time being if he's able. There's still fights there worth seeing, and legacy to make an attempt at. Save 185 for 30-31 years old when you have more experience, and the cut starts getting worse just from aging and doing it his whole life. There's less room for error for him at 185, and he's still not exactly an experienced fighter.

I love burns.
He's a fighters fighter.
Doesn't duck fights.
Always exciting.
Is respectful.
Isn't cutting much weight
And I like the way he thinks.

P.S. I still think Burns edged past Khamzat.

timestamped.

-On his comeback timeline
"I hope December 10th. That was the last date they give to me, they say maybe Masvidal December 10, but what is he waiting for? But I don't have the contract, they said either December 10, or maybe Brazil, but I hope I fight December"

"It will be nice to fight in Rio, but I wanna have 2 fights this year. I just have 1 fight this year"

-On the status of Masvidal fight, and does he want another fight
"No, I already said yes. They know I want that fight. Tbh, UFC want that fight, and we're just waiting for Jorge and the UFC. I will always say yes, so I'm just waiting for the other side."

"I will fight any of these guys to be honest. Even Geoff Neal, he was calling me out. I asked for that, and the UFC said it's not a fight they want to make. So I'm just waiting for the UFC."

-On Leon vs Usman 3
"It's a hard fight. We'll se how Usman comes back. He seems pretty ok with the situation. But I see a lot of factors a lot of people dont see. Leon had a very good first round, took him down, maul him. I think he gassed out a lil bit because of the altitude.

"That altitude was a big factor on that fight. Kamaru dig deep and was able to turned things around, but Leon had that techniqe, we saw he drilled them. I just think it's gonna be another close one, especially if they go to London. I still think it's 50-50 fight, but in London, I think Leon might get the best"

-Does he wish Leon takes the trilogy so it can ease his way to title
"No, when I see guys fight, I want the best man to win. Even though I know Kamaru for a long time, a fight is a fight. I want the best guy to win. I don't want to see Kamaru lose the way he did, because I saw his daughter was there crying a lot, very rough for me to see that. But he is warrior, he bounce back. But I dont wish to anything bad to any of these guys, I hope the best guys win."

"I think I can get to title shot if I get 1 or 2 wins, and I don't think its change so much whether it's Leon or Kamaru who is the champ, that's the way I see my chance."

-Does seeing Kamaru's daughter crying change how he is going to bring his kids to fight
"No, my kids are already big. They gotta understand that there is a lotta strugles to life. Dad is not gonna win, I wish but 'Dad is not gonna win everytime,' and they saw me losing before.There were there when I lose to Hooker back in 2017. I like my kids to come because they like to come. They even asked to come see Michael Chandler.

"So I will keep taking my kids. If I lose, I lose. I dont think its gonna cause trauma especially if you let them know and have conversations. 'I wish Dad is a superhero, but that is not the case. I'm a human, I might win, I might lose.' They know it. I can't just get them to come when I win, they gotta see everything. I'll keep bringing them to the fight."

-On Khamzat Chimaev missing weight
"I think it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish. It don’t matter if that guy starts so big, so impressive. It matters how you finish, you know? As we see how this is going, I don’t know, the fans might like the drama; the not making weight, canceling your press conference, a lot of things. It’s hard to see a good path for this guy that’s making a lot of mistakes on just the beginning of his career."

"I think, one of the best advice that I have is, you need to have guys that give you good advice. I have guys that give me advice on money, my parents give me advice on the family, I have guys giving me advice for fighting. I have my manager, I have a lot of guy who gave me a lot of advice for my life."

"He needs those kinda guys you know, not just a bunch of some crazy fighters that go on his ego, and make him go crazy. I think he is still super young and I hope he change. But he needs good guys around him, good mentor, help him making decisions. I think the guys he has around dont help him making good decision."

"I hope so. I know a lot of guys are celebrating his going up, but I want him to stay. I think he can stay, just gotta be discipline. Not just discipline, if you sign the contract with your name on it, you gotta honor that you know. And I think he is just too young, a lot of things, a lot of hype. A lotta guy sucking on him not being a good friends and good mentors."

"Thats why he gotta honor the contract. If he sign, he gotta make the weight. I lost a couple fight because I had a very bad, very bad weight cut, but I still make the weight. He just got to man up, make sure he got good mentors, good coaches, people who are going to tell him the truth and help him be the best he can be, and honor the contract when he signed it.

Gilbert Burns is one of the most underrated guy in the UFC. I don't know if any one notice or remember, but his prediction is usually pretty good. Before the fight he said Leon is a tougher match up for Usman than him and Colby.

I also like his mentality about taking the kids to fight, and his honest answer for Khamzat Chimaev.

What do my sherbros think?

Thank You for posting and transcribing. My favorite part:
"A lotta guy sucking on him not being a good friends and good mentors."

How can you not love Giblert Burns? Dude is the nicest human being and one of the few guys that take any fight they offer him.

Hopefully he gets the street Judas fight and takes the W.

I believe he might stay in Russia, not 170.

It’s like as soon as he hurt Kamaru his fight IQ went out the window and he basically gave Kamaru the fight. That’s what I remember anyway.
He hurt and dropped Kamaru,then missed a head kick and fell down and laid on his back begging Kamaru to jump on his guard.

timestamped.

-On his comeback timeline
"I hope December 10th. That was the last date they give to me, they say maybe Masvidal December 10, but what is he waiting for? But I don't have the contract, they said either December 10, or maybe Brazil, but I hope I fight December"

"It will be nice to fight in Rio, but I wanna have 2 fights this year. I just have 1 fight this year"

-On the status of Masvidal fight, and does he want another fight
"No, I already said yes. They know I want that fight. Tbh, UFC want that fight, and we're just waiting for Jorge and the UFC. I will always say yes, so I'm just waiting for the other side."

"I will fight any of these guys to be honest. Even Geoff Neal, he was calling me out. I asked for that, and the UFC said it's not a fight they want to make. So I'm just waiting for the UFC."

-On Leon vs Usman 3
"It's a hard fight. We'll se how Usman comes back. He seems pretty ok with the situation. But I see a lot of factors a lot of people dont see. Leon had a very good first round, took him down, maul him. I think he gassed out a lil bit because of the altitude.

"That altitude was a big factor on that fight. Kamaru dig deep and was able to turned things around, but Leon had that techniqe, we saw he drilled them. I just think it's gonna be another close one, especially if they go to London. I still think it's 50-50 fight, but in London, I think Leon might get the best"

-Does he wish Leon takes the trilogy so it can ease his way to title
"No, when I see guys fight, I want the best man to win. Even though I know Kamaru for a long time, a fight is a fight. I want the best guy to win. I don't want to see Kamaru lose the way he did, because I saw his daughter was there crying a lot, very rough for me to see that. But he is warrior, he bounce back. But I dont wish to anything bad to any of these guys, I hope the best guys win."

"I think I can get to title shot if I get 1 or 2 wins, and I don't think its change so much whether it's Leon or Kamaru who is the champ, that's the way I see my chance."

-Does seeing Kamaru's daughter crying change how he is going to bring his kids to fight
"No, my kids are already big. They gotta understand that there is a lotta strugles to life. Dad is not gonna win, I wish but 'Dad is not gonna win everytime,' and they saw me losing before.There were there when I lose to Hooker back in 2017. I like my kids to come because they like to come. They even asked to come see Michael Chandler.

"So I will keep taking my kids. If I lose, I lose. I dont think its gonna cause trauma especially if you let them know and have conversations. 'I wish Dad is a superhero, but that is not the case. I'm a human, I might win, I might lose.' They know it. I can't just get them to come when I win, they gotta see everything. I'll keep bringing them to the fight."

-On Khamzat Chimaev missing weight
"I think it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish. It don’t matter if that guy starts so big, so impressive. It matters how you finish, you know? As we see how this is going, I don’t know, the fans might like the drama; the not making weight, canceling your press conference, a lot of things. It’s hard to see a good path for this guy that’s making a lot of mistakes on just the beginning of his career."

"I think, one of the best advice that I have is, you need to have guys that give you good advice. I have guys that give me advice on money, my parents give me advice on the family, I have guys giving me advice for fighting. I have my manager, I have a lot of guy who gave me a lot of advice for my life."

"He needs those kinda guys you know, not just a bunch of some crazy fighters that go on his ego, and make him go crazy. I think he is still super young and I hope he change. But he needs good guys around him, good mentor, help him making decisions. I think the guys he has around dont help him making good decision."

"I hope so. I know a lot of guys are celebrating his going up, but I want him to stay. I think he can stay, just gotta be discipline. Not just discipline, if you sign the contract with your name on it, you gotta honor that you know. And I think he is just too young, a lot of things, a lot of hype. A lotta guy sucking on him not being a good friends and good mentors."

"Thats why he gotta honor the contract. If he sign, he gotta make the weight. I lost a couple fight because I had a very bad, very bad weight cut, but I still make the weight. He just got to man up, make sure he got good mentors, good coaches, people who are going to tell him the truth and help him be the best he can be, and honor the contract when he signed it.

Gilbert Burns is one of the most underrated guy in the UFC. I don't know if any one notice or remember, but his prediction is usually pretty good. Before the fight he said Leon is a tougher match up for Usman than him and Colby.

I also like his mentality about taking the kids to fight, and his honest answer for Khamzat Chimaev.

What do my sherbros think?

how is that bum burns still in top 5 his only win lately is boring fight he won by landing 20 shots to back of the head and he lost to a then ranked 11 khamzat

Surprised they dont want to make neal vs burns, it's a good solid, sensible matchup.

nevermind, that's probably why they don't want to make it.

I think because Neal has momentum he could lose vs. Burns. And if Burns loses he would have lost 3 of 4

I think they're trying to get them both a win next time out. So they can't fight each other.

Back